Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+4
Crystal Wells
Anna Tshering
Sel
Shaun Moody
8 posters

L3-2nd years-Antidotes

Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

L3-2nd years-Antidotes Empty L3-2nd years-Antidotes

Post by Shaun Moody Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 am

Shaun entered the class through his office. He checked the ingredients presents, checked for any magical disturbances. He sat behind his desk, waiting for his class to arrive.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

L3-2nd years-Antidotes Empty Re: L3-2nd years-Antidotes

Post by Sel Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 am

Iris was the earliest again and bowed to the professor before taking her seat. She guessed what potion this time they're making. I hope it's as useful as I've thought it would be. She smiled continuously while waiting for the others to come.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Anna went into the classroom, feeling an air of grace around her. She nodded curtly at the Professor before taking a seat at the back of the classroom.
    Crystal Wells
    Crystal Wells
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Crystal Wells Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Crystal walked in to her potions class and was so glade she wasn't late.

She took a seat in the back and saw there were two other girls in there. So feeling slightly brave she walked up to another girl she recognized from the common room.

"Hi" Crystal said to the girl.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:14 am

Charlotte walked into Potions, excited to know what they would be learning today. She saw Iris and deiced to go sit next to her.

"Hey, you don't mind if I join you?"
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:17 am

Iris walked in to the Potions classroom and greeted the Professor. She saw Char and went to sit next to her. "Hey Char," she said with a smile.

L3-2nd years-Antidotes Empty L3- 2nd years

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 am

Alexis walked into the classroom. The holiday have been a welcome change. 'Hello Professor.' She waved at Iris, 'Hey Eye, missed me?'
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Iris said with a low exclamation after she hear her nickname. "Of course I did! It was boring staying here! I got only a small chance of visiting back in the muggle world. Wish Less would show up soon. Don't want to worry about her again." She noticed her name being called but it clearly wasn't her but the her namesake. So she joked up instead, "Er - Is it me Char? I don't mind. Hey there other Iris! I'm Iris." She laughed and continued. "Call me 'Eye' eh? Just like what Lex here is doing. I'm getting confused about this." She shrugged kiddingly.
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alicia Wood Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:51 am

I never thought I'd see the day, Alicia thought idly as she hopped down the last two stairs and then wandered over to the door to the potions classroom. That I would actually be on time for potions,

Smiling wryly to herself, she slid into a seat and then bent down to retrieve her books and supplies, knocking her head on the top of the work surface with a surprised grunt.

"Ow!"
    Tobias Forsyte
    Tobias Forsyte
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tobias Forsyte Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:14 am

Tobi arrived to Potions not long after Alicia had walked in. He was behind her when she hit herself and he sat down and asked if she was ok.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

L3-2nd years-Antidotes Empty L3

Post by Shaun Moody Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm

"Alright, time to start the lesson. Careful there Ms. Wood, you don't want to bang your head on a cauldron now. We are doing antidotes to common poison. Any idea what are the ingredients and their uses might be?" Shaun waved his hand and writing began to appear,
    'Antidotes to Common Poisons
    Ingedients:
    '
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm

"It's ingredients are Bezoars, Standard Ingredient, ground unicorn horn and mistletoe berries." Iris replied.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 am

Alexis raised her hand and said, 'One ingredient is bezoar and it can negate the effect of most poisons.'
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:13 am

Shaun pinched the bridge of his nose, "Were you not present in the last class, Ms. Grayson? I wanted one ingredient form each of you with their uses. Let me make it clear to all of you now. Remembering one ingredient with their purpose in the potoin will always get more credit from me that if you cram the full ingredient list. But you answered correctly."
    Shaun came forward and leaned back slightly on his desk. "And that" he continued, "puts me in a difficult position. I want to award you points for getting the answer right. Yet I want to deduct point of your house for not following my instruction. So, how about a deal? I'll award you the point if you state what a standard ingredient is and it function. If you can't answer that, you'll lose ten point. How's that? Oh, ten points to Slytherin Ms. Hope." With that Shaun waved his hand again and the board read.
    1. Bezoar- Counteracts most common poisons-
    2. Standard Ingredient-
    3. Unicorn Horn Powder-
    4. Mistletoe Berries-
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 am

Iris raised her hand and tried to answer the remaining items on the board and found one. "The standard ingredient would be an herb or a mixture of different kinds. They have magical properties and each has it's own use or purpose. They are commonly used for healing thus included in Antidotes."
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 am

Seeing that Eye answered the question about the standard ingredient, Iris asked, "Is it okay if I answer about one of the other ingredients, Professor?"
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm

'That Ms. Grayson, would have been highly appreciated.' Shaun offered the girl a small smile.
    'However, we're running out of time, I'm afraid. So let me give you a brief idea about the rest of the ingredients.
    The standard ingredient creates the base of healing potions. They make the potion highly stable, erradicates harmful side effects of the other ingredients.
    Unicorn horn heals the damage caused by the poison. Mistletoe berries increases the rate of absorption of the potion. Any questions?'
    Elizabeth Darcy
    Elizabeth Darcy
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Elizabeth Darcy Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Elizabeth ran all over Hogwarts in the attempt to find the potions classroom, her directions clearly stated that she had to go down a circular stairwell... but Hogwarts had many. Sweat appeared on her brow as she ran, her eyes slightly wild. With a gasp she saw another stairwell and dashed down them, skipping one step as she went. Coming to what appeared to be a....Potions Classroom was written on the door.

With a sigh of relief, she opened the door and went in. She sought out her Professor and made a note to see him after class.

Transferring schools had been a not so easy going ride, as her parents had put it. She found an empty desk and sat at it, pulling her hair into a sloppy bun and looked up at the board. Antidotes. Oh great.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:11 pm

"Elizabeth Darcy, new transfer student." Shaun drawled. "Don't be late to my class again. You'll lose two points from your house for each class you're late and five points for your absence without a prior owl. I'm sure your housemates won't appreciate losing points for you."
    "So? No Questions? Brilliant. Let's move on to the recipe then." Shaun waven his hand and writing appeared o the board:

1. Fill 3/4th of your cauldron with water, bring it to boil. Add 4 measures of standard ingredient. Stir 8 times clockwise.
    2.Take one bezoar, Gring it into a fine powder. Pour it into the cauldron while stirring in figure 8 motion.
    3. Drop two mistletoe berries and let it simmer for ten minutes.
    4. Add a pinch of powdered unicorn horn and stir five times counterclockwise

"If brewed correctly the potion should be a clear blue. Now begin." Shaun took his seat and stipled his fingers in front of his face.
    Elizabeth Darcy
    Elizabeth Darcy
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Elizabeth Darcy Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Elizabeth felt like doing a mock salute at the Professor but restrained herself, barely. As the class started on their projects, she pulled out a cauldron from her bag and got to work. Filling her caldron to 3/4, she lit the small fire beneath her cauldron. As she waited for her water to boil, she washed her hands at the basin and prepared the other ingredients so that she was organized. Her mother always told her you should wash your hands so your germs or the germs from the outside environment doesn't contaminate your potion ingredients.

Crushing the bezoar into a fine powder, she put it in a small petri dish until it was needed. As the water began to boil, she measured out four of the standard ingredients and poured it into the cauldron while string 8 times clockwise. Next, she added the powder and stirred it in a figure 8 motion as the ingredients mixed.

Checking the board again, she put two mistletoe berries into the cauldron and busied herself by humming quietly to herself. She cleaned up her workstation and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. This is what she was best at, well this and transfiguration. Crushing powdered unicorn horn with her mortise and peddle for extra freshness, she added it in as soon as the ten minutes was up. She stirred it five times counterclockwise, even strokes and watched as the liquid began to change color.

Standing back from it just in case, Elizabeth tilted her head to the side and waited. Would it explode in her face?

The blue hue settled on a light but clear blue, grinning, she ladled her assignment into a flask and put a cork stopper in it. She walked with confidence up to the teachers desk and put it there, but realized she didn't put her name on it. Pulling a permanent marker of sorts out of her robes, she put her name on it and put it on the desk before returning to her station.

Cleaning up her area, she didn't stop humming to herself.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:56 am

Iris started and followed the instructions thoroughly after she took notice of the late-comer. She would befriend her later maybe in the common room. She's a Slytherin after all and felt her situation regarding signing up late that she, Iris, have been through on a few classes. Or after doing the potion and they're both not busy.

She filled her cauldron with the amount of water required then added the four measures of standard ingredient, stirred eight times clockwise then checked the board if she's doing right. When approved, she moved on to the next.

Iris took one bezoar and grind it until it turned into powder. She poured it into her cauldron while stirred in the figure motion needed. Her lucky number appeared to be often used in this brewing. She smiled to herself and turned for the board again.

Following the instructions carefully after reading the procedure one-by-one, hoping her potion would turn into clear blue in the end, she added a pinch of powdered unicorn horn after it simmered for ten minutes with the mistletoe berries, and stirred five times clockwise. She let out a relieved sigh for her potion turned out to be just like what she expected.

Iris fetched a phial at the back of the class like what she did before and labeled it with a handy pen she brought with her. She cleaned her table, walked towards the professor's desk, handed her potion, back to her seat, and waited for the dismissal. She didn't hesitate to wave at the late-comer with a smile flashed across her face. She seems nice though. Relieved she's done an excellent job on the potion. I hope mine would come in handy. She sensed the girl's emotion and thought that to herself.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:00 pm

(OOC: I'm getting bored attending my own class. So let's just asume Alex has followed the instruction and submitted her potion. Eh? Razz )
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

L3-2nd years-Antidotes Empty Antidotes

Post by Shaun Moody Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Shaun waited long enough-according to him, at least- for the students to finish the potion. He nodded at the three students who submitted their potion.
    'Now those who have finished their potion are free to go. But before that, I have an announcement of a special credit project which will also credit your house twenty five points. You'll need to research on the antidote to uncommon poisons. State the difference between common and uncommon poisons and the change needed in ingredients and brewing technique. Now, those who are finished are free to go. Those who are not, feel free to raise your hand if you need help.'ee to go. Those who are not, feel free to raise your hand if you need help.'
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 am

Iris packed up her ingredients and cauldron, stashing them into her bag and zipping it shut. She walked out of the dungeon and slipped into the gloomy corridors.
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 am

Iris filled her cauldron with the required amount of water and lit the fire. She let the water boil for a few minutes and then added the four measures of standard ingredient. Next, she grinded the bezoar and put it aside in a petri dish until she finished stirring.

She kept aside the two mistletoe berries and a pinch of powdered unicorn hair. She stirred the potion eight times and added the bezoar while stirring in a figure 8 motion. Then, she added the two mistletoe berries. While waiting for it to simmer, she cleaned her desk and washed the petri dish.

After the berries were simmered, Iris put in the pinch of unicorn hair and stirred it five times in the counterclockwise direction. At first the potion didn't seem to be changing colour but after a few seconds, it slowly turned to blue. She grinned to herself in satisfaction and went to vial to put her potion in. Writing her name down on the vial, she poured in some of the potion.

"Thank you Professor," she wished him and placed the vial on his desk and left the class.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:52 pm