Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open]

Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open] Empty Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open]

Post by Aris Petrov Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Aris slammed his fist on the bar table and gave an incredulous look to the three men in front of him. They were all British, apparantly they were about as stupid as they looked at him with the most confused facial expressions he'd ever seen. Why was it always he who had to deal with the idiots?
    He growled at them, his Russian accent the reason they were so confused, and spat, "Why don't you understand? I am from Europe like you! Why can't you get this? I'm speaking English!!" His anger was making his accent stronger and he was nearly un-understandable. Only pros could understand him.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open] Empty Re: Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open]

Post by Madisen Lewis Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:57 pm

"Clearly, it is because they are simple-minded idiots," Mad stated calmly. Though, her gaze remained forward, said 'idiots' correctly assumed the woman was referring to them and left.

Mad took a sip of her firewhiskey. "Do calm yourself," she continued. "The more agitated you become, the less comprehensible your accent makes the words leaving your mouth. And my Russian is limited."
    Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open] Empty Re: Why Can't You Understand Me? [Open]

Post by Aris Petrov Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am

Aris took a deep breath as the men left, his irritation seeping out of him. He looked at the woman sitting at the counter and sighed, grinding his teeth trying to figure out what to say... Thank you? Maybe... but that wasn't really something he had learned to say easily. He rolled his eyes in spite of himself and tapped the wooden counter.
    "They didn't pay, madame." He said roughly, dark eyes staring at her and his lips pursing.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 am

Mad gazed calmly back at him. "I would suggest the use of a writing tablet," she stated dryly. "How much do they owe you? Not that it hardly matters. I will pay it."

She took out a change purse, looking at him expectantly.
    Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Aris Petrov Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 am

"Four galleons. And writing tablets are not needed here. I get everything finished with the help of my daughter, Adia." He snorted, shaking his head. what was this woman thinking, suggesting a writing tablet to him? Ha!! He had never used one. And he never would. "It's a little over the top but they have a bill they were going to pay today. I apologize for the inconvenience."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am

"Nor would they be if you didn't allow the idiocy of others to dictate your ability to speak clearly," Mad stated, tone matter-of-fact.

She handed over five galleons without so much as blinking, snapping the purse shut and putting it away. "To pay off my own tab," she explained, lest he take offense. Raising her glass to her lips, she threw the rest of it back.
    Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Aris Petrov Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 am

He blinked, narrowing his eyes at her as he took the money. He didn't really like this woman much. He tucked the galleons into his pocket and pressed his palms onto the counter firmly, mouth a thin line as he asked her, "Are you a ministry official?"
    He didn't like ministry workers much, but he dealt with them.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:47 am

"The ministry is full of idiots the like of which you are fortunate to seldom see here," Mad replied. "I wouldn't work for them if my life depended upon it. I'd much prefer to be dead.

"Now, do you intend to keep glaring at me?" she queried blandly. "I could quite easily remove myself elsewhere if I am ruining your calm. Otherwise, I shall continue reading." She gestured to the Charms journal resting on the counter in front of her.
    Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Aris Petrov Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 am

"Oh... uhm... no. I.. no you're fine." he murmured, looking away quickly with embarrassment. He really felt bad now. She had paid off the tab of those two men and had paid him yet another galleon to pay off her own. She must have been a regular to have a tab. He cleared his throat, "Can I get you anything to eat while you're here? On the house as a thank you for paying the tab?"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:15 am

"That's quite alright," Mad replied calmly. "I shall be leaving momentarily.

"I was not aware that the Three Broomsticks was changing management. One usually hears rumors about such things, though, I suppose I have been rather busy, of late." Her mind went to her apprentice. She would need to check in on the girl, again, see how she was faring.
    Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Aris Petrov Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 pm

"I bought the place two years ago, madame, right after I moved here. Adia and I have run the shop since then." Aris said, smiling slightly at her old lady babble. He glanced at the clock and nodded, "It is a little late now... I should probably have those who aren't staying pack their things and leave."
    He looked at her again and asked calmly, "Where will you be going?"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:41 pm

OOC: ... Mad does not 'babble'!

"Odd that I have only now seen you, then," Mad remarked a bit indifferently.

She leveled him with an implacable gaze, whatever going on behind those dark eyes left unspoken, then snapped her Charms' journal shut.

"I have matters to which to attend," Mad responded briskly, rising from her seat. "A good evening to you." Robes swishing, she made her way to the door.
    Aris Petrov
    Aris Petrov
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Aris Petrov Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 pm

"A-and to you as well, lady..." Aris mumbled as she swept out into the cold.

OOC: Sorry x3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:09 pm