Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

5 posters

I'll Stand By You (Closed)

Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

I'll Stand By You (Closed) Empty I'll Stand By You (Closed)

Post by Faye Beneparte Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 am

Faye stared blankly at the hospital room around her. She had been sent there after school let out, due her fainting spell in class. The school infermery had 'ideas' about what was wrong with her - ideas that she had heard them mumble amongs themselves - but they hadn't wanted to say until it could be confirmed.

Faye hadn't wanted them to say ever.

She felt numb as she sat alone - god forbide a family member come to make sure she is okay; its just Faye. No one would miss her if she was gone anyways.

Gone... she could be...

She swallowed hard. The healer had left hours ago... or maybe it had only been minutes, but either way, he was no longer in sight, but his words - they stil rung in her head, repeating over and over like an annoying litnany. They were taunting her.

Cancer - that was what was wrong with her. Leukemia to be exact. She did just have a cold, she had-had-had.

She shook her head, and rubbed a hand against her eyes pushing back the tears that she hardly noticed were there.

"We are much better at treating it now, than we were before, that's what the healer had said. Hardly anyone died anymore.

Hardly anyone... that didn't mean no one. It meant that she could still- still...

She let out a little strangled cry and pulled her knees up to her chest.

She didn't want to die.

Last edited by Faye Hansoff on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

I'll Stand By You (Closed) Empty Re: I'll Stand By You (Closed)

Post by Roman Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Roman's mother was holding tightly onto his arm as the two of them popped into the lobby. He staggered away from her, leaning onto a chair, coughing for a minute or two before finally sitting down. He still felt slightly nauseated.

"Ohh, honey. I told you that you weren't going to like it. It is very far for your first time apparating," his mother put her hand on his shoulder in what was supposed to be a comforting gesture.

"I'm fine, Mamma, I just want to see her," She nodded and crossed over to the reception desk and had a long dialogue with the witch there. He caught one word in the whole conversation. Cancer. She walked back to Roman, a grim expression on her face.

"Roman, oh sweetie I'm so sorry. You're friend... she has Leukemia." He had heard of that before. But wasn't it.... deadly?

Roman jumped out of the chair and bolted down the nearest hallway. His mother didn't follow him, but instead watched him go with her hands folded in front of her.

The hospital was much larger than Roman thought it would be. He stopped a mediwitch who was holding a small clipboard in one hand, "Excuse me, I'm looking for Faye Hasnoff?" The woman nodded and pointed him toward a room.

He ran all the way to the door and stopped just short of it, resting his hand on the doorknob. Roman took a deep breath and entered the room.

He saw the girl in the bed and managed to choke out, "Faye?".

Last edited by Roman Ritter on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:56 am

Faye stared at the wall blurrily. She wasn't sure if she was crying or if she just couldn't focus on anything anymore. Her brain was off - all function seemed to shut down except for the little part of her brain that just kept repeating the word over and over.

Cancer. Cancer. Cancer.

She barely registered the door opening - maybe half a blink, a move of her blank gaze from one place to another. It wasn't until she heard the voice, heard her name that slowly her brain started to engage again.

"Roman?" she blinked at the boy, her voice shaking as she looked at him. "W-w-what are you..."

She trailed off and shook her head. She bit her lip.

"Did -did you..." she trailed off not bothering to finish her sentence. There was no point asking if he heard. The look on his face said it all.
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 am

Roman sat down by her bed, his eyes brimming with tears. She looked so fragile. "I heard that you were here. I came as soon as I could."

He took her hand, feeling it inside his own, holding it as if it were for the last time. "I only heard about the... the specifics just now." It was the last thing he wanted to talk about, and he was sure that she didn't either.

"I would have brought you something, but I wanted to see you first..." Roman sat forward in his chair, "Is there anything you want? I can bring you flowers next time I visit... or- or- what to people usually bring to hospitals?" He was eager to help her in any way he could, even if that meant showering her with gifts.

Roman looked at Faye again, "You look so tired."
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:03 am

"You didn't have to do that," she said softly, although she was glad he was there. "I would have been..." she was going to say that she would have been fine alone but she couldn't quite get the words out. They would have been a lie anyways. She couldn't really say she was fine every again could she? She wasn't fine, not anymore she was...

She was sick.

Faye smiled a sad little smile as he took her hand in his. It felt warm and comforting. For the moment she forgot about everything else and just pretended for a moment she was a girl holding the hand of the boy she liked.

Then of course she had to look up and notice his tears. She shook her head. That was wrong - he shouldn't, "Don't-don't cry... it-it will be - I mean they say that - its not always; I don't have to..." she choked over the last words and just closed her mouth, and shook her head. She couldn't say it.

"I don't know what people bring to hospitals... I never spent much time in them before..." she shrugged, feeling that neither of them really needed her to specify what before. She gave a little smile and squeezed his hand slightly, "You don't need to bring anything... I'm just want you."

Even with the situation, she ducked her head a bit at such a declaration, and blushed.

"Do I? I don't feel, well, I've felt worse... it comes and goes."
    rev tennant
    rev tennant
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Location : In the Restricted Section of the library snogging Dylan Veer

Post by rev tennant Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 am

It was a blur to Lora as to how she ended up in St.Mungos. All she remembered was shouting at her mother to get her a plane ticket, not bothering to give an explanation and finally ending up in London. As she stared at the other patients and the waiting families, she felt tears in her eyes. She still couldn't believe it.

Faye had cancer.

She was sure that the staff would think she's some sort of a beggar with no other place to go, considering her state of dress currently. But she couldn't care. She went to the receptionist and quickly asked for Faye's room number. The woman looked at her with sympathy but that just made Lora angry. She got the number and directions and once again ran, not caring who she was bumping into on the way. As she reached the door, she felt the tears in full force but she hastily wiped them away. Taking a deep breath, she went in.

She barely registered there was someone else in the room as she went over to Faye and hugged her tight. After what seemed like ages, she pulled away and looked at the Slushatel with a scared expression. "Faye, I...uh..." She trailed off, feeling embarassed at her lack of speech. She kissed her friend's forehead gently and hugged her once more.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Lena had just went to the Hayes House to pick up a few of her things before she went off to Amsterdam again to the big house the Hayes owned, when she heard the news about Faye. She heard it from a letter from... someone. Maybe it was one of the nurses at St. Mungo's. Pat told her about them, and she made friends with Renee who had long fair hair and knew how to speak Russian. So probably she knew that Lena would be interested if someone from Durmstrang appeared in a ward.

"Faye!" she wailed, bursting through the doors. Lora and Roman were there too, but to hell with that. "I'm so worried! I can't believe it!" She ran towards the bed, shoving Roman out of the way in his chair, and held the other girl's head close to her own chest. "I was so worried... I knew it wasn't a cold... why the fuck didn't I get you to a healer?" She burst into tears, holding the other girl's head ever so tightly.
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Roman smiled sadly at Faye. She wasn't like people usually were when they were sick. She didn't constantly complain about her injuries or make constant demands of everyone. Faye was being... well... Faye.

Though for once he might have felt better if she had been acting like that. Maybe then it wouldn't have been so sad.

Roman sat back in the chair while Faye's friends entered and said their greetings. He had to bite his tongue to keep fron laughing when Lena walked in. Faye was so lucky to have friends like that.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Faye let out a little squeak of surprise as it seemed Lora rushed into the room and grab her before she could even so much as blink.

Surprising herself complete she let out a small chuckle. At least somethings didn`t change. Lora was still Lora.

And so it seemed, a few moments later when Lena joined the group was Le her usual self.

Faye moved her hand slightly and patted the girl who was now holding her. "Its okay Lena. It is not like it would have made any difference when-" she paused and swallowed a bit, "When they diagnosed me."

She bit her lip and let the unspoken words still hang in the air - I'd still have cancer.

Slowly she wiggled herself out Lena's grasp and attempted a soft smile. She was sure it didn't quite reach her eyes. Although she was glad they were there.

"Hello Lora, Lena," she tilted her head and smiled at Roman. "Do you guys know each other?"

"Roman, these are my friends, Lena and Lora. Guys this is my..." she hesitated a moment not sure what exactly Roman was. Sure he was a friend, but wasn't he more than that. "My- well... Roman."

She looked at them all standing there, rather tearful, and felt a bubble grow in her throat. She swallowed it down and attemtped a joke to lighten the mood.

"Look at you all," she smiled softly, "You look like someones-" her mouth snapped shut as she really thought her joke through. Dying she was going to say dying but....

Well she was wasn't she?
    rev tennant
    rev tennant
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Location : In the Restricted Section of the library snogging Dylan Veer

Post by rev tennant Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 am

Lora turned to the boy in the room and realized that they had in fact, already met one night at the kitchens. "Hey Roman," she greeted quietly and attempted a smile, which was seemingly hard to do considering the circumstances they were in. She looked at Faye with slight amusement at the awkward introduction and couldn't help but tease, "Your Roman, huh?"

The tears fell once more at Faye's poor attempt of a joke. She sat at the edge of the bed and hugged the Slushatel tight once more and held her hand tight. "How long do you have...?" She asked hesitantly.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Faye just blushed and shook her head. That had not been what she meant to say. Not at all, but now that it had come out like that she didn't really feel like changing it either. She sort of liked the way it sounded.

Faye didn't jump this time as she was hugged again. The girls were definitely more grabby than Roman had been. But really she wouldn't have expected less from them.

How long do you have that phrase rung in her head with sickening finality.

"Well the healers said - said that it wasn't always so-so," she stuttered over her words shook her head and gave up to start again, "as long as they start treatment soon enough, then most people don't..."

Die - go on, its going to happen to you isn't it? Might as well learn to say it.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 am

"We're worried sick about you, Faye," muttered Lena, holding Faye tighter to her chest as she tried not to cry for a few seconds. She ignored Faye's comment on Roman; it was not appropriate to make jokes about such personal things right now. Like this wasn't personal enough. "We care about you. If you die... a part of me will die with you." She looked at Roman, and Lora. "I'm sure we all feel the same way. Right, guys?"

She reduced herself to tears again as she thought of the possibility of Faye dying. Faye wasn't the loudest person in the world, and most of the time she had seen her she had been quiet and wordless, but imagining her in a black lacquered coffin with the lid open as she was buried in the ground... that didn't suit her.
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Treshawn Beneparte Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Tre was running.

It wasn't an odd thing, Tre running, but he'd had to do it faster than normal. Almost too fast to be seen by the human eye.

He stopped outside the hospital room, his mind reeling. Some Guardian Angel he was, not even knowing when his girl had needed him. He was late... He was so so late...

Sighing, he opened a waterbottle, pulling out the water and quickly forming it into a rose, hunching over so no one could see.

He blew on it gently, solidifying it into one of his never-melting ice sculptures. He held it gently and pushed into the room, straightening his spine and taking a place next to her bed.

He gently held it out to her, wordless for once in his life. He took her hand, his golden eyes swimming with pain.

"I... I'm sorry I got here so late, mi Bonita, I'll make it up to you, I promise." His blond hair was windswept and it was quite obvious he'd been running, but he wasn't out of breath in the slightest. He only had eyes for Faye, the others might as well not even be there."
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Faye was pulled closer to Lena, and once more reached up a hand to pat her arm, "Don't go doing that... I'm sure I'm sick enough that you all don't need to worry yourself into it too." SHe gave a sad little smile while she mentally told herself to get better jokes. Really.

"Look," she shook her head feeling a lump in her thoat as she looked at everyone and her eyes water, "I'm- I'm going to be fine really... no need to worry or-or cry," her voice broke on the last word and she started to do just that.

Putting a hand to her mouth, she only let out a few half sobs before she got herself under control again to speak. She gave a little half smile, tears still dripping out of her eyes and was about to speak when someone else walked into the room.

Tre.

She smiled slightly at the wordless gesture, on the verge of teasing him about it - despite the situation - when he spoke.

"You don't have to," she said shaking her head, and swirling the gift in her hand. "I'm not so bad off."

Giving a little laugh, she wipped away of the last of her tears and looked around at her. "Really none of you needed to come... thank you."
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Roman stood up, "I agree completely, Lena. We're all going to fight this alongside you. We're wizards for god's sake!" He leaned in to Faye, a small smile on his face, "If we can take on Hungarian Horntails then we sure as hell can beat this."

And what if she can't? The very thought struck Roman to his core. What would I do? He didn't know. If Faye weren't here, he'd have nothing.

His eyes widened as Faye started to cry. Without thinking he stepped forward to embrace her, but froze when someone else walked into the room.

He straightened and looked at the newest arrival, "Who's this?" The guy was exceedingly weird. It was as if he'd just stepped straight out of one of those cheesy muggle soap operas.

And why did Faye seem so happy? She didn't seriously think he was being sweet. Not that it was bad that she was happy, but it was supposed to be him who was making her smile. Not this clown.

He stood there speechless for a few moments, then smiled, "A short trip over here is nothing, especially when it's for you."
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Faye sniffed, rubbing her hand under her nose, before looking up at Roman's question. She then looked back at Tre.

Her face deepened into a flush as she continued to look back between one boy and the other. She was so stupid. How could she not realize how Tre would look with his gallent gestures and his-his...

But it wasn't like that - Tre was just well... Tre, and Roman was...

"Oh," she finally breathed shaking her head and bringing herself back to the present. "Roman... everyone... this is Tre - he goes to our school... he's my..." she bite her lip and shrugged, not entirely sure how the next word would go over but couldn't come up with anything better to describe the boy, "Angel."

She let the word hang in the air for a moment before she quickly went back to do the introductions the other way.

"Tre... this is Everyone. My friends Le and Lora and... Roman," again she bit her lip before boldly making a decision, "My boyfriend."

She held Roman's gaze while she made this statement, smiling slightly. She was about to move to nod her head, when she was swept by a sudden feeling of tiredness... making her almost dizzy, so instead she put a hand up to her head and blinked slightly.

"I guess," she whispered softly, chuckling even though the sound was less than playfyl, "I guess I was more tired than I thought."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 am

Lena, as she was holding Faye, investigating the new boy thoroughly. Yes, he was familiar indeed... but he did not seem like an angel to her eyes. But if Faye trusted him enough to let herself call him her 'angel', there was no reason why she shouldn't trust him too, for now. Although her instincts told her to do otherwise. "Hello, uh... Tre," she began hesitantly. And she may have continued on to be hesitant, if she had continued.

Mentally gasping, Lena's eyes widened when Faye mentioned Roman was her boyfriend. She was going to utter words of congratulations when the other girl said she was joking. She sighed, because she had prepared some wonderful speech in her head during those few seconds.
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Treshawn Beneparte Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Tre rushed forward, gently placing his hands on either side of her face. "Are you alright, beautiful?" He asked anxiously. He wanted to heal her.

Now.

As if on cue a doctor entered. "I need all of you out." He demanded, seeing the group of people gathered there. "You could be making her worse."

"No." Tre said, meeting the doctors eyes. "I stay." He straightened his spine and glared the doctor down until he agreed.

"Yes, yes, of course, everyone else, out."

The doctor shooed the rest of them out, and once they'd gone, he went to check on something in the corner.

"Faye." Tre said softly. "I need you to close your eyes, alright?" He placed his hands on either side of her head. "Just trust me."
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:35 am

[OOC - Sorry for skipping all you're reactions; please feel free to yell at me later, I just figured that this thread had been going long enough it was probably a good time to just try and wrapp it up]

Faye blinked at Tre for a moment, swallowing past her wave of tiredness to smile, "I'm fine; perfectly fine."

She looked up at the Doctor, looking a tadbit dismayed as he told everyone they had to go. She may have pretended that she was alright alone - she didn't want anyone to worry excessively - but.. she hated it in the hospital, all alone with nothing but her thoughts.

She reached out and snagged Roman's hand before he could leave, "Don't go... or- you'll come back, please?"

Faye blinked slightly, holding back a yawn, she pulled her attention back to Tre as he placed his hands on her head.

"O-okay." She bit her lip, feeling an odd twist in her stomach that was a mingle of fear and...

Taking a deep breath, she did as she was asked, and closed her eyes.
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Roman had to keep himself from smiling too widely after Faye's introduction, still unable to believe that it was all so beautifully true He looked back at Tre, I suppose he isn't so bad... he thought, studying the face that still looked a little too friendly, But why is he her Angel?

He frowned when he was told to leave, throwing a confused look over to Tre. Was he family or something? But he reluctantly turned to head out the door.

Feeling a soft hand on his own, Roman turned back around, smiling softly at Faye, "I'll come back as soon as I can," he placed his other hand over hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, "I promise."

Turning back around, he nodded to the doctor and left the room, hearing the door close behind him.
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Treshawn Beneparte Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Tre closed his eyes and took a deep breath, reaching within him for the power that was his birthrite. Slowly, his hands began to glow, the golden light flitting through his fingers and into Faye. "Relax, Bonita." He said softly, focusing his powers on healing her. He stayed that way for a minute, before opening his eyes and pulling his hands away from her.

"There we go. All better." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "How do you feel now?"
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Faye sat as quietly and still as she could, as she felt an odd sort of warm, tingly feeling flow through her. She was tempted to open her eyes - to see what was going on, but she didn't, she controled herself.

Tre had said to trust him, so she would.

She opened her eyes, and blinked at the boy as he sat down on the bed.

"I feel..." she tilted her head as she thought about it. "Better ... sort of odd, but... a better odd."
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Treshawn Beneparte Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Tre smiled. "Good." He decided. "That's good." He brushed her hair behind her ear fondly, and glanced at the doctor in the corner. "Don't believe anything these people make you believe." He said admantly. "You are going to live. I don't care about the statistics, I don't care about the treatment. You are going to live. We have a list to complete, after all." He smiled again, his eyes returning to the doctor. "You may come and check on her, now."

The doctor shuffled over, taking her bloodpressure and such, cowering away from the boy's gaze. He knew where Tre was from, and he was scared. Terrified, even.

"Bonita, according to the rules, you will stay a week here." He said. "I'll come visit everyday, around this time, and check up on you. We'll even continue our list, okay?" He met her eyes, his golden ones melting into a molten gold. "I have a few things we can do in a room. It'll be fun."
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Faye smiled slightly and ducked her head as he brushed her hair away.

"Okay," she whispered softly into her lap, wanting to be speaking the truth but part of her thought that she might have just been telling him what he wanted to hear - what they both sort of wanted to hear. "I won't."

Faye sat still as the doctor went about his business - it was funny how quickly she could adapt to such things. She had been there for maybe a Day and a half and she already knew how this went.

She nodded her head, curling up with the pillow, leaning against the bed headboard. She felt physically better, though it had been a long few hours - the young girl was still psychlogically tired.

"I'm sure you do," she gave a quiet laugh. "Will I ever get to see this list? Or shall it always remain a mystery?"
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Treshawn Beneparte
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Treshawn Beneparte Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 am

Tre grinned, leaning back on his palms, careful not to lean any of his weight on her. "You want to see the list?" He teased. "How about this; if you keep track of everything we've done together from the day we met to the last day of term this year, I'll show you the rest of it." He winked at her. "But it has to be written down and... put in numerical order. Do you remember which things were which numbers?"

The Doctor opened his mouth, and Tre's face closed as he looked at the man. The man visibly recoiled, cringing away from the boy. "I..."

"Is that all, sir?" He asked curtly. "Or is there something of importance we need to know [i]right now[i]?"

The doctor was visably shaking, but he took a deep breath and continued. "I... I need to give her this." He held out a small piece of white paper, with his scraggly signature. A prescription sheet. Tre took it from him, and the doctor shrunk back, terrified.

He read the prescription carefully, checking his knowledge on drugs before nodding. "Alright. If that is all, you can leave." He paused. "Don't let anyone else back in for ten minutes."

The doctor nodded and happily and retreated, leaving the room.

Smiling, Tre held out the small piece of paper to Faye. "Your pain meds, I suppose." He said. "Only to be taken when needed."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:58 pm