Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

A Midnight Snack

Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

A Midnight Snack Empty A Midnight Snack

Post by Kendera James Fri May 11, 2012 6:02 am

It was Noah that woke that night. Kendera was still 'asleep', blissfully unaware of either of her alternates, even as Liddy pretended that the boy didn't exist.

Noah was hungry.

He quietly rummaged about in the trunk for some clothes that were gender-appropriate, as well as big enough for him. Noah was taller, and broader shouldered than either Kendera or Liddy. He wasn't about to go about as Kendera, either - he had to change. Well, he didn't have to, it just felt odd.

That in itself was odd, really. There was a time when he hadn't known he was separate. Perhaps, he never had been until the moment that he was. Whatever the case, he was going to change - form and clothes - in the main bathroom, and then get himself a snack. What was it with Kendera and being too distracted to eat, anyway?

Having stashed Kendera's pajamas behind a suit of armor, Noah happily made his way to the kitchens. He took in his surroundings as he went. Like Liddy, the boy had seen the castle from a corner of Kendera's mind, but it was a far different to be experiencing it first hand. It was thrilling, really.

Noah grinned happily back at the exuberant elves that greeted him upon entering the kitchens. "I think I'll have..." he pondered his options for a long moment, then laughed. "Oh, I don't care - surprise me, okay? I'll eat anything."

Seating himself at a table, he watched the elves with something akin to fascinated amusement. Funny creatures, weren't they?
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

A Midnight Snack Empty Re: A Midnight Snack

Post by Aquila Turrow Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:15 am

Quil burst into the kitchen with all the drama and excitment of a boy being chased.

Since after all he was...

Apparently caslte ghosts didn't like to be taunted all that much. Not that Quil had meant to taunt him exactly... it was just.... How was he supposed to know that the once living being was so touch about the whole dying thing?

Quil just thought he was having a chat.

Waiting a long moment, freezing where he was, hoping his presurer didn't follow him it took him a long moment to notice the other person in the room. He frowned slightly, the face unfamiliar...

But then again, Quil wasn't the most observant person in the world. His current predictiment a perfect example. Anyone else would have seen to keep their mouth shut long before Quil had.

"Oh... Hello there."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 pm

::Noah::

Noah had looked up at the sudden racket coming from the doorway to the kitchens, eyes alight with amusement. He'd seen this boy before. Kendera had snubbed him once - mostly unintentionally - for his atrocious Russian the year before, when he'd just transferred.

"Hello!" he responded, voice loud and enthusiastic as he welcomed the Uchitel. They were technically the same age, though, Noah appeared a year or two older.

"So, what were you running from then? One of the ghosts? Ah... they can be rather tetchy, some of them. Or was it something from the Lost Corridor? There's supposed to be all sorts of strange and dangerous things in there." Noah paused to take a breath, a slightly worried expression crossing his features as an entirely different thought occurred to him. "Merlin, you weren't running from a professor, were you? I'm not keen on getting caught, y'know!"

Never mind the fact that any professor would know he wasn't actually a student (not technically). Liddy would kill him for getting caught; or some equivalent to that, anyhow.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Aquila's grin only widened at the boy's warm greeting. He seemed like his sort of person. With one last glance over his shoulder, making sure that no specific ghosties seemed to be apparing at the moment, he walked towards his new companion.

"I was running from the creature behind door number one," he said with an impish grin. "So, if anyone slightly transparent walks through that door - and I do mean literally through the door - you wouldn't mind being a chum and telling them you've never seen me before will you?"

Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:05 am

Noah laughed, eyes lighting up happily as he did so. "Fine, fine," he agreed easily. The elves had brought his surprise fare, which was far more than one boy - person - could possible consume.

"While we wait for said enraged shade to come after you, shall we at least enjoy of bit of a midnight snack?" Noah asked, waving at the food. Several elves were standing by, eager to see how their offering was received. "These wonderful people are great, aren't they?"

He turned to beam at the elves. "Thank you, by the way - I know it'll all taste brilliant!"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Quils eyes light up at the food.

"Well now, I certainly never say no to food," he grinned, "It like... my life motto, or .. somethign like that."

He gave a little head shake and laughed again.

"Yeah the houseelves are awesome," Quil nodded his head at a few before stealing some of the food. He always had a fond spot for the little creatures, since the Turrow's own had been more helpful in raising him - or at least keeping him out of trouble - than his own parents.

"Doubly brillant," he mumbled to the creatures with a mouthful of food, giving them a thumbs up.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 am

Noah had already thought he would like this boy, but now he was certain of it. He was exactly the sort of person Noah picture himself to be; carefree and happy. Kendera took everything far too seriously and Liddy was never as kind as she was making herself out to be. Noah didn't want to be like either of them. He just wanted to have fun and eat nice food.

"My name is Noah, by the way," he said, helping himself to some Russian dessert he couldn't remember the name of.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 am

"Noah," Quil repeated with a smile and a nod, "Good name - nice, to the point, nothing too flowly or unncessary."

He grinned and laughed again, glancing towards the door, still slightly surpirsed that his translusant friend had yet to make an appearance. He had been mighty upset the moments before Quil thought it was a good idea to run.

"Aquila - though you can try Quil if you think thats a bit of a mouthful, " he gave a laugh, "Or Quillie if you're in an extravgant mood I suppose."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:26 am

"Well, it is an absolute pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Quil," Noah replied cheerfully. He finished off the dessert he was eating, before picking out another.

"We should be friends," he decided. "Brothers, even. You're from England or somewhere, yeah?" Noah asked, then switched seamlessly to English. "I'm half-British, myself. See? Fellow countrymen."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

"English!" Quil called in his native tongue, practically wanting to reach over and hug the boy, "How I've missed the! Russian is just soo... gahh. English is where it is at my friend."

He nodded his head and laughed before switching back to Russian.

"Or perhaps I'm just too lazy to always have to be thinking about what I'm saying. It is tiring you know."

He nodded his head solemnly before grabbing another treat and eating it slowly, almost thoughtfully.

"You know, if were going to be proper brothers here... brothers of the..." he frowned looking for something, "Brothers of the Midnight Snack, we must say an Oath. It is how these things go."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Noah grinned at the other boy's enthusiasm. "I'm rather fond of the language, myself," he said. "It's less complicated, in some ways." He let out a laugh.

"Brothers of the Midnight Snack?" he repeated, grinning widely. "And just what sort of oath do you have in mind? Are others going to be able to join this brotherly thing, or is it just the two of us?"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm

"I am glad to see someone appreciates it; everyone here is so... unwilling to accept it merits," Aquila laughed and gave up slipiing back into Russian once and for all, "Then again... most of them don't understand it."

"Well, I suppose if others have the proper merrits, they could also join, but they would have to pass a serious of very important tests to prove that they are good enough," Quil nodded his head. "As the two original members, we Obviously are good enough, and thus get to avoid these tests."

Quil nodded his head as if he knew this all along, and wasn't just making it up as he went along.

"As for the oath," he frowned for a long moment, trying to figure it out, "Give me your hand."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 am

"People don't like change. They're too cautious," suggested Noah, then grinned. "That's why most people don't have fun."

He laughed, nodding along with the other boy. "Right, of course." Noah watched Aquila, waiting to hear what he would say or do next. Aquila amused him greatly. So few people were nearly as much fun.

Noah obediently extended his hand towards his new-found friends, eye sparkling with curiosity.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm

"Caution? I don't believe I have ever known the definition of that word," Quil annoucned with a laugh, "Fun however... I am not living if I'm not having fun. Whats the point otherwise, right?"

He laughed again and then managed to sober himself enough to preform his 'important' ceremony.

Clearing his through, he rest his hand a top the boys.

"Now this is very important," he intoned, "Repeat after me."

"I solemnly swear," he said slowly, pulling words from his brain at random, "To protect, stand by, and honour the brotherhood." The young boy just managed to not add "So long as I live" realizing belatedly he might have been stealing these words presently from wedding vows.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Kendera James Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 am

Noah couldn't help it. He burst out laughing. Those were wedding vows, weren't they? It took him a moment to resume a serious expression.

"I solemnly swear to protect, stand by, and honor the brotherhood," he intoned solemnly, brown eyes still dancing. Unable to resisted, he added, soto voce, "Should I add 'so long as I live'? Or does that come later?"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Aquila grinned impishly at the laugh, figuring he might have just been caught in his act, but kept the rest of his serious demeanor in place.

"If you feel it in the moment," he answered, "You may always feel free to add it."

With that he nodded and continued.

"I will aknowledge that from this point forward, the brotherhood will forever be in my blood. I am a member, was a member and always will be a member. Life long. Brothers."

Letting that ring for a moment, rather proud of himself for not stealing from wedding vows any longer, he gave the boy time to repeat that and then removed his hand.

"And by the power vested in me," he stated, his eyes dancing, knowning full well he was stealing again, "I now prounouce us, Brothers."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:19 am