Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Proving Ground

The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Proving Ground Empty Proving Ground

Post by The Mel Wed May 23, 2012 6:21 am

The chilled lawn of the grounds appeared empty of life. Were one to look up, however, they would be able to spot a winged figured circling overheard.

Sacha used the time waiting for his apprentice to arrive by taking stock of the surroundings. Nothing in particular seemed amiss on Durmstrang Isle, not that Sacha had expected otherwise. It was always good to make certain, however, and since he had to wait for Miss Whelan, anyway, then was as good a time as any.

Today, he thought, the girl would make a leap forward in her training. He knew that she had been studying and practicing the exercises from the book in private, as he had instructed. Today was her first test, though, she did not know it.

Tests usually proved more effective when the subject was unaware of taking one.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Proving Ground Empty Re: Proving Ground

Post by Ci Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 am

Trotting quickly across the grounds Ciar scanned the area for any sign of the Highmaster. Ever since she had been practicing her transformations she had found that her sense of smell and eyesight had increased as well as her hearing. She could also move faster and had better reflexes than before. She knew that they weren't as good as Phelan's but they were better than they had been.

Her hand went down and buried into the grey wolf's ruff on top of his neck as both wolf and human slowed to a stop on top of a small rise. Looking around once more Ciar couldn't see hide nor hair of Professor Rusnak. "Master," she called to see if he would respond. "Master, I'm here like you requested."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu May 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Watching his apprentice for a moment, Sacha gauged her response to her environment shrewdly. She made advantage of a small rise in the landscape to scope out her surroundings, but she neglected to look upwards.

Ah, for a time when Sacha felt no need to check the skies.

Tucking his wings closer to his body, Sacha angled downward, hurtling towards the ground with increasing speed. He extended them again only in time to slow his descent, transforming from kite to man before he reached the ground.

"Miss Whelan," he greeted the girl. "Just on time. How are the exercises going?"
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Sat May 26, 2012 1:07 am

"Mac soith," Ciar cursed as her Master appeared almost out of nowhere beside her. After that first weaponry lesson with the vampire she ought to have learned to always look up. Especially since she knew the Highmaster was a kite Animagus.

"The exercises are going fine, da-minus," the Irish teen stumbled over the last word and held in a blush. She had totally not just almost called the Highmaster dad. "I mean dominus," she corrected hastily trying to cover her mistake. "What was it you wanted me for, sir," Ciar asked, desperate to change the subject and distract away from her fumble.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Tue May 29, 2012 6:21 am

Sacha's head may have inclined the slightest bit. 'Dominus' was a bit of an odd thing for the girl to call him, particularly since she had never done so before.

"Well, it's quite simple, really," the man replied. "I thought you might like an opportunity to attempt your first change."
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Ciar bit her lip as she buried her fingers deeper into Phelan's fur. "Do you think I'm ready, sir," she asked hesitantly, suddenly quite nervous. She had done some small transformations like she had been instructed but was she ready for large scale? So far she had achieved claws, paws, ears, nose, and had even sprouted a tail once just to see if she could.

Nodding slightly the teen gripped her wolf's fur. "I just don't want to do something wrong and make it so I can't come back. I don't want to disappoint you, Master."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm

"That is entirely up to you," Sacha replied calmly, grey eyes resting upon the girl. "Do you think you are read, Miss Whelan?

"One of the most vital things to possess for a successful change is the confidence that you are, in fact, able to do so. Whether you wish to try or not is your decision. You may, of course, continue to study, should you like. If you want to make an attempt, I am here. Should you fail, as you so fear, I will able to help set you rights again."

He gave a faint, encouraging smile. "The choice is yours, Miss Whelan."
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 am

"I never said I was afraid," the Irish teen retorted stubbornly. "I said I don't want to disappoint you should I fail. Because it seems, with the exception of you and Professor Thorpe, I am nothing but a failure and a disappointment to everyone in the adult realm." Grey eyes flashed with fire and she crossed her arms over her chest.

Setting her jaw she uttered, "I'm ready to prove myself. I'm ready to prove to everyone, including myself, that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to. I will do my transformation and I will do it TODAY!" She almost stamped her foot in determination.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am

"Nor did I," Sacha replied, the corner of his mouth twitching. "I merely meant that you strongly do not wish to fail. Nevertheless, fear is hardly a weakness. If anything, I would suggest you rid yourself of the notion of making yourself fearless. Only fools fear nothing."

The man inclined his head. "As you wish," he said. "Though, you ought to know that you have already proven yourself to me, Miss Whelan, in many ways."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:41 pm