Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Lesson 4 ~ 1st Years

Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Lesson 4 ~ 1st Years Empty Lesson 4 ~ 1st Years

Post by Leo Ward Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Miles walked into the classroom he was alot more focused this time, last lesson his head just wasn't with it. He quickly sat down and pulled out his notebook and textbook, he then let out a small sigh

Miles was freaking out about passing his subjects, his grades for last term were absoulutely shocking he was considering taking up some more subjects this term to help improve his grades, Miles then flipped open to a new page in his notebook and waited for the class to begin
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Lesson 4 ~ 1st Years Empty Re: Lesson 4 ~ 1st Years

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:16 pm

"Mr. Bloxom, good to see a young student so commited," Colin inclinde his head and folded himself into his seat, "However we do not wish to waste so much time with pleasentries do we?"

"What can you tell me about Chinese Astronomy or Astrology?"
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:27 am

Miles nodded his head and muttered a quiet yes as the Professor gestured for them to get straight down to work

Miles thought for a moment about the Professor's question but nothing was coming to mind "Oh im sorry Professor, but I didn't know that the Chinese had their own Astrology"
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Colin gave a little laugh, "I may have miss spoken a bit, I wished to know if you knew anything about Chinese Astronomy alone, Or anything about Astrology alone."

"I merely clump the two together for the purpose of teaching, for in the ancient world, which we are still focusing on in a some degree, the Chinese more than any other culture focused on the stars as tools of prediciting the future."

"That being siad, it must be noted that in the past anything that we may call "Science" was much more spiritial based."

"With that description of Chinese Astronomy in mind, do you think Mr. Bloxam you might be able to hazard a guess at to what Astrology is?"
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Miles nodded at the Professor "Oh I see" he felt himself to begin to blush with embrassment, he then thought for a few minutes about it, he was never really intot the Astrology side of Astronomy he always felt there was no real grounded proof or evidence behind it

"Well.... I guess Astrology is used to predict future events, well some people that I suppose im not one of them" he replied he was rather confused as to why they would be learning about Astrology rather than something with abit for scienetific backing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 am