Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

jos elämä ois helppoo

Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

jos elämä ois helppoo Empty jos elämä ois helppoo

Post by Rora Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 am

The books were dusty, but it wasn't like the blonde didn't expect them to be in such a state. Half of the books here haven't been touched for years, and apparently the shopkeeper couldn't be arsed to clean them out properly. Then again, if Lena was the one that owned the shop, she wouldn't be cleaning them either; these works were too precious to be tampered with.

She wondered what volume she would buy this time. A blue, leather-bounded book attracted Lena's attention. She brushed the dust off with her palm, and daintily blew off the final remnants of the gathered debris with her lips, and the title was imminent.

The Fabric of The Cosmos.

Perfect.

(ooc: title means if life was easy, description you'd be a bastard.)
    Manda
    Manda
    Adult
    Adult

jos elämä ois helppoo Empty Re: jos elämä ois helppoo

Post by Manda Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:00 am

Why the heck am I in a freaking bookstore with freaking old books that was freaking dusty?

Ignoring all the 'freaking's' in her last thought, Kait glared at some books. She never understood why some people could collect old books that just went on and on and on about history. History that most sane people would ignore. The only history she would read is about Greek Mythology, and about gory battles.

Kait would never ever, ever, ever admit to anyone that some of these books, looked pretty. Modern books didn't have the character that the old books did.

Walking into a aisle, Kait saw a leather book that grabbed all of her attention. Well, most of it. Kait was paranoid. Her dead father's side kick and a mother who had tried to kill her does that to you.

Holding it in her hands, her hands stroke the spine. The old deep red was worn, but not terribly worn. The front had Latin on it, which Kait knew very little of. Back in Greece, the primary school consisted of teaching Latin. Kait, of course, stopped school when she went to Durmstrang, but Kait still knew a little.

Flipping through a few pages, Kait saw that it was all just Latin. Not in a orderly fashion, but as if it was scribbled down. Still flipping, the writing suddenly stopped. Frowning, Kait doubled check.

"Well isn't that a mystery." Kait suddenly wondered if the pages weren't really empty. They were just charmed to stay hidden. Interested in this sudden mystery, Kait decided to buy it.

Kait looked around for the owner, and her eyes caught a blonde head. The blonde head that belonged on a girl that she knew since first year. The girl who kissed her boyfriend.

Turning the other way, Kait gave her a side glance. Kait took in her appearance, and stared at the blue book. Like most books in this place, it was pretty. It had a title, one that Kait couldn't see if it was English or not from this distance.

The next words flew out of her mouth across the room, surprised her. "Long time no see."

Why was she even talking to her?
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:19 am

Lena thumbed the cover of the book and checked the contents. All of the topics she had seen so far are all about astrophysics. Astro, she thought, like astronomy, perhaps. She had adored the subject when she was a student at Hogwarts, and even though she may not have someone as enigmatic as Professor O'Brien to guide her, but as evidenced numerous times she could learn on her own and still be stellar at something.

The blonde flipped over the page once again and saw herself at Chapter One. Her eyes became transfixed on the book, barely noticing what was around her. It had always been an interest of Lena, to know how the world worked and how it came to be.

Sometimes, it was books like these that made Lena wonder what life as a Muggle would have been like if she wasn't a wizard. She wondered what she would have been like if she went to a Muggle school and had Muggle friends. From that conversation with Leo after her meeting with Charles, she had uncovered a few things about the German gymnasium.

One of them was the fact that smart people like Lena often had no friends and are often exploited for their intelligence. Leo knew because she'd seen Lena's main competitor, Magda Meminger, all alone in the halls. Sure, Magda was prettier now and had long brown locks most of the popular girl were envious of, but the fact she had glasses practically screamed 'Social Reject', or so Leo had said.

"I'm not all that mean to her," the German had told the Uchitel, "I usually just ignore everything anyone says about her. I don't ask her for homework because there's such thing as the internet. I wish she could be my friend but Jurgen won't let me."

Considering Leo's sly nature in primary school and Lena's suspicious nature, the words didn't click well with the latter.

She heard a familiar voice call her out, or at least... she thought it was calling her. The blonde tousled her hair and turned around to greet the voice.

Until it fell on a mop of red hair Lena was sure didn't belong to Rhys.

"Too long, perhaps?" the Finn replied, trying to not make it sound like a question, yet only an idiot could tell it wasn't. She was lucky that the scar from the punch Kait had given her had faded somewhat by the time this encounter had taken place.

She looked at another dusty shelf before turning back to the girl. "What the hell are you doing here?" she sharply spat, leaning on the shelf.
    Manda
    Manda
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Manda Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:26 am

"Not long enough," Kait answered coldly, smirking. Leaning against a shelf, Kait dramatically sighed and shook her head. "Look at us. We used to be best friends, remember that dear Lena?" The red head shot her a venomous glare. "We fought occasionally, but always bounced back." Standing up straight, she walked towards the blonde figure. Her steps were slow and purposeful.

Pausing right in front of her, Kait tilted her head. She had no idea where her sudden control came from, or her cool act. Inside though, she was a pit full of fire.

"I do believe we are in a free country, Vorstenbach. I can appear where I want, when I want, and do what I want. And you have no right to overrule that." Kait fixed her burning brown eyes on the taller girl, sneering.

She wasn't going to go down without a fight.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:04 am

"Define best friends," Lena asked, "because thanks to you, I don't know what that is anymore." She then crossed her legs and leaned on the back wall, "I've always thought friends understand each other, you know." Flicking through the book until she found the right page, the blonde finally found what she was looking for, and a gratified smirk quickly seeped across her features, beginning from her eyes all the way to the corners of her lips. "Understanding requires insight. Insight must be anchored," she recited, "if you don't have one, you have neither."

Last time she checked, as good of a person Kait thought she was, understanding was definitely a word she couldn't use to describe her.

Lena chided the redhead, "I merely asked you what you were doing here, child." She spat the word, her eyes narrowing, "I had never forbidden you to be here." Her blue eyes met brown ones, cold as snow. "And no, it's not free country. There are laws set in stone that stop us from underage drinking, underage magic and from harming one another." She shrugged her shoulders, her voice showing nothing but boredom.

Whatever. Let this bitch have it if she wanted. She wasn't going to lose to this woman. "And since when did you read?" the Uchitel queried, "I never knew you had the intelligence to link letters together to comprehend words."
    Manda
    Manda
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Manda Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:12 pm

"No, thanks to you. If you had kept your dirty little paws off of my boyfriend, this wouldn't be happening." Scowling, Kait glared at Lena. "I am understanding in most cases, Vorstenbach. I just have a hard time understand why you did that, and I don't get over things quickly like that. In fact, I don't think I will be able too." Being possessive was one of Kait's many traits, and not a partically good one.

In a small part of Kaitlen though, she missed the girl's friendship. She understood Kaitlen, almost every part of her. They both had/have drinking problems, friendship problems, family problems. The red head used to feel reassured that she could walk over to Lena, and walk off feeling much better.

And her pride was getting in the way, along with her stubbornness.

"I walked in here to look at flashing zebras, who are dancing with pineapples," Kait sarcastically replied. "I am in a bookstore, and what does one do in a bookstore, Lena? I thought you were smarter than that."

"Oh boo hoo. I did everyone of those things. Who cares." Rolling her eyes, Kait leaned against a bookshelf, and looked through her book. Stopping at a page, she mostly understood, Kait was momentarily surprised at the writers intelligence.

"Believe it or not, I do read occasionally." Not looking at the girl, Kait continued looking at the pages. "I really need to study Latin again," The red head muttered, frowning. She had forgotten for a moment, who was across from her.

"If I can learn three languages, I think I know how to read Vorstenach."

Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:13 am

The blonde shook her head. "I had never wanted, needed, let alone lusted for your boyfriend," she calmly reasoned, "and besides, I don't like your boyfriend, and even if I do love him it is nothing more than a platonic love. If you want him, then take him! He's all yours!" She rolled her eyes. Honestly, if Kait was immature enough to bear a freak accident as a grudge then let her be. The Uchitel had no time in her head for such childish arguments with people she had no plan to associate with for a while.

If this was a normal argument, Lena may have looked solemnly at the Hrabrost, apologize and offer some condolence, come forward and give her a hug. And perhaps ask her if they can share a bottle of vodka sometimes in the next week. Not this time, though. It was Kait who decided to take the fight to the next level by punching her until she was knocked unconscious, and as much as Lena would prefer to finish off her revenge by doing so she decided to be the bigger woman in this conundrum.

"Well, some people go to bookstores to snog people behind the shelves, or perhaps steal a book, or maybe find it a place to sleep at night," the Uchitel argued, "I was only asking because you're the sort of person who would do such odd things."

Lena saw that Kait was staring at her book, and frowned. She then slammed it shut to show her disdain and particularly because she thought Kait didn't deserve a look into the book. "What are you looking at?" she spat.

"What do you read then? Comic books? Or the alcohol content of a vodka bottle?" Lena disgustedly snapped, "and just because you know three languages doesn't mean you know how to read them."
    Manda
    Manda
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Manda Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:56 pm

"He's already mine," Kait snarled. "He's been mine from the beginning, and he always will be. So of course, I do not take it kindly when people kiss my boyfriend. Sorry if I seem to be overreacting to you."

"Who in the world would steal a book, in this bookshop?" Kait asked, disbelieving, shaking her head. This bookshop held some rare books yes, but not rare enough for people to steal. The only reason Kait could see for people stealing a book in the first place, is if it held some important secret to saving the world, or ending it.

The red head's urge to smack the girl was immediate. "I was reading a page, Vorstenbach. Now, tell me why you felt the urge to slam the book. Not only it was rude, but this book is old. Or are you too blind to see that?" Kait snarled, holding onto the book tightly.

She didn't want Lena to get hold of the book, for a few reasons. One, she didn't want people to know she could read a little of Latin. Second of all, if the book did hold a mystery, Kait wanted to find it. Not Lena.

"Mythology. Battles." Came Kait's clipped reply, suddenly tired of Lena. Kait hated verbally fighting, she much preferred one and one contact. "And I meant, that if I have the intelligence to learn languages, I can learn how to read."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:39 am

"Oh honey," the blonde satirized, "of course you're not overreacting. If you were overreacting I would have either punched you in the face, or kill you. Considering the second one's illegal I might as well settle for the first." She then shrugged her shoulders, just to say that yes, that was her natural response.

"Some of the world's rarest copies of books are found here," Lena elaborated calmly, reciting it from memory, "they had a copy of The Fall of The House of Usher - in English - dating back to the early 1900-s and I bought it. You have no idea how some people would do anything for a book. Myself not included." She then blinked, "I have a code that includes a certain book, not like you care."

Inspecting the cover, Lena shook her head. To her, it was one of a later edition of the book, probably released in the early 2000s, so although it was old it was pretty strong; she could tell by the binding. "Well done, you know how to read," deadpanned she, "well, it can still handle the amount of pressure slamming gives it. It's not a particularly old copy. If you see, the pages aren't sickeningly yellow yet."

The book was snatched from the blonde and she raised her eyebrow, "I have to do research with that book. Research you possibly couldn't comprehend." Her tone was demoralizing, cold even.

After Kait talking, she merely rolled her eyes and ignored the girl. She was in no mood to talk to her, as if her pressed lips didn't say it enough.
    Manda
    Manda
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Manda Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Kait stuffed her hands in her pocket, to refrain herself from teaching the girl a lesson. "I hope you enjoyed that punch Vorstenbach, because there is more where that came from if you don't stop talking," Kait snarled, throwing her against the wall.

Kait didn't recognize the book, so she thought it probably wasn't very important then. "Well, I am not one of those people. I have no need to buy a rare book, besides this one." Kait sneered, holding up her book.

Scowling, Kait resisted the urge to growl. "Well, I don't want the process of the weakening of the spine increased, Vorstenbach." Cradling her book, Kait wondered why all ready she felt so attached to the book.

Flipping through the book, Kait realized it sounded boring. "Sounds boring anyways." Shrugging, she handed it back to to Lena and started walking away.

"I have no patience for you today Vorstenbach," She called back to Lena, paying for the book. The store keeper gave her some glares, probably from throwing Lena against the wall.

"At least I didn't punch her this time," The red head muttered, before walking out, heading out for a drink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:08 pm