Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Confidence is the key.

Ellie Perdice
    Ellie Perdice
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Confidence is the key. Empty Confidence is the key.

Post by Ellie Perdice Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Ellie had never seen the lake before. She hadn't even heard of it until very recently, and she just had to see it. The trip was totally worth it, she decided, because she felt all of the annoyances of home melt away. She sighed and pushed her braid back over her shoulder, thanking the stars that she had remembered to bring a cardigan with her. It wasn't cold, but every so often a breeze would sweep by and make her shiver slightly. She pulled the black cardigan around her shoulders and laid back.

Seeing the calm water rippling with each miniature gust of wind made Ellie smile slightly. She loved the water, she always had. But she'd only ever seen a lake like this once in her life, a fair few years back. She couldn't remember the exact details of the day, but she remembered a lot of slapping and shouting, which kind of took away the feel of relaxation and serenity.

"What makes it enchanted?" she wondered aloud, not having noticed anything magical about the place as of yet. She shrugged and left the thought stranded. "No-one probably knows," Ellie answered her own question and closed her eyes, shrugging off the cardigan for the fifth time.
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Confidence is the key. Empty Re: Confidence is the key.

Post by Celeste Belrose Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Great Britain. United Kingdom. Whatever it was called there. What only matters was that she was there. A new place. Like a new planet. She was used to traveling all the time. But not like this since she and Beaumont only go to forests, greenhouses, and the like. Still, the air was as different as it can get. She just imagined it before, but now, it was all real. And yes, she was touching the surface.

Celeste wandered through the nearby lake, overwhelmed with disappointment for she can no longer walk on barefoot. She sighed, as she did so, snowy white mist came out of her mouth. She was always fascinated by it, the way life works, the way her body works, just the way she breathes.

She made an involuntary turn for the sound she had heard. Another girl was there too, though she wasn't French through what was sensed. She went towards the voice and waved her hand in the air as her sign of friendly greetings and tried her best to convince the girl that she was speaking as a welcoming gesture, "Salut."

Though she did not try English, she hoped that the blonde can understand.
    Ellie Perdice
    Ellie Perdice
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Ellie Perdice Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Ellie opened her eyes to see a girl stood there, waving. She smiled and sat up, brushing any dirt or leaves off her back before turning back. The girl was French, unless she was very much mistaken. Which, with Ellie's track history of making silly mistakes, really wasn't that out of the question. She waved back and bent up one leg, smiling warmly up at the girl she'd never met before.
    "Hi! My name's Ellie," she said, slower than she would speak if she was talking to someone she knew, even vaguely. "What's yours?" she asked, still speaking slowly. She didn't know if the french girl knew much English, and she didn't really know a lot of French.

Ellie regained her thoughts from earlier. While looking out at the lake again, she remembered what she had been thinking. 'What makes it enchanted?' she wondered again, trying to pick up anything that would define the lake as somewhat magical. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. She couldn't really see much in it, just the sun reflecting off the surface. While it looked pretty, she didn't think it looked magical.
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:30 am

"Celeste. Oui, I am French. But I really want to learn more Eenglish. Now that I am here in ze country. Too bad ze lake eez frozen. I wanted a swim lately." She replied with a grin and sat beside the girl, Ellie. The cold didn't bother her at all. She even thought it was just as warm as before. Gazing at the picturesque view ahead of her, she sighed, making those fascinating mists again for her, and went along with the started conversation,

"I heard you. What makes ze lake enchanted, eesn't eet?" The brunette started and raised her own answer with a smile flashed across her pale face,"Well, I olwayz theenk zat ze world, mageecal or not, eez already enchanted."
    Ellie Perdice
    Ellie Perdice
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Ellie Perdice Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm

"Well, Celeste. It's nice to meet you! And it's cool that you want to learn more English! I can help you out, if you like," Ellie said with a grin. She noticed that Celeste liked the mists that the cold made your breath turn to, and she had to inwardly admit that she found it quite cool as well. She didn't understand what caused it, but either way she had always thought of herself as a dragon when she did it.

"Yeah. I don't get it. I mean, it's called the "Enchanted Lake", but I can't see anything magical about it," the blonde said with a shrug. "I never really thought of it that way," Ellie admitted, looking back at the lake. It was beautiful, whether it had actual magical powers or not.
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 am

"Zat would be very nice. I don't 'ave a problem with ze words. Just ze accent." Celeste said, returning the smile. True, the language wasn't that even hard to recall and learn. But being a French girl all her life, the correct accent was hard enough. Perhaps she could persuade her father in hiring a tutor in the summer? But all the days of adventure would be then gone. She would think it through, to struggle even if she would take the possibility of giving up. She would be studying again. As if there was no summer holidays at all, locked up indoors. Or maybe, they could have it outdoors, somewhere in the landscapes instead?

"Ze people can theenk zat sometheeng een here, for zem, eez mageecal. Maybe about ze place or ze beauty of ze lac. But for us mageecal people, we find notheeng. We can't argue weeth zat." She replied with the same shrug as Ellie's
    Ellie Perdice
    Ellie Perdice
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Ellie Perdice Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:06 pm

"Why would you want a British accent when you've got a French one?" Ellie asked. "French accents are soooo cool," she grinned, but continued anyway. "But I guess the way to pick it up is to listen to one and practise..." It was actually quite strange for Ellie to have to explain how to get an accent, since she really hadn't thought about it much before. Actually, she hadn't thought about it at all. It wasn't really the sort of thing that went through her mind on a day-to-day basis. But then again, the sort of things that did were lipgloss, boys, makeup, clothes and shoes.

"Yeah, I guess. It is pretty, to be honest, I just guess I expected more than the eye can go as far to see..."
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm

"Merci. But eet eez better to learn more theengs zan settle weeth only one." Celeste remarked with a smile, not taking her eyes off the wonderful view of white snow and ice covering the whole land. If only it wasn't winter. Then she can find out herself or with Ellie the enchanted myth of the lake by taking a swim or just by dipping their toes to get that feeling of rushing water on their skin. Even for that small reasons, things can already be called enchanted and magical for her.

"Eef eet eez not snoweeng and cold and all, I can go for a sweem and take a look on eet. To know eef eet eez what we expect eet to be." She said and looked beside Ellie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 30, 2024 2:29 pm