Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow  Empty Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Post by Kallie Patterson Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:26 pm

What had started out as low mumbled Finnish was getting louder with each moment. A headache was growing in the front of the woman's mind as she spoke loudly into the tiny portable Muggle device. Not using it for anything besides business - there were a few key Muggle's that Kallie had thought it more prudent to keep in touch their way instead of her own (After all, her father had been a Muggle, she knew their world better than they would ever know hers) - she had no idea how he had gotten her number, and she certainly wasn't pleased.

"You can't decide to behave like a father whenever it convenient to you," she all but screeched, years of resentment overriding her usual control. Taking a deep breath, she finally noticed how many gazes she was getting,and slipped out of the line up she was standing in, actively lowering her voice as she made her way towards the door. "You and Mama didn't- If you can't see why I don't want you there, you certainly haven't realized anything that makes you deserving to be there."

Stepping out side of the door, she turned off the device with a growl, not even bothering to say good bye, and for good measure threw it away from her watching it slide across the ground before realizing how completely childish she was behaving.

Letting out a breath she started at the technology that despite her best efforts had not broken.

"What good is family anyway?"
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow  Empty Re: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Post by Adria Mason Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Coffee was not Adria's first choice as a stress reliever, but she knew it was a comparatively better option than her recent levels of alcohol consumption.

Tugging her jacket around her tighter, she shuddered lightly as she recalled what one of her customers tried to do her. As much as she loved her job at the club, there were certain times like this she wanted to quit.

Shaking her head as though wiping away all thoughts, she approached the coffee shop but stopped abruptly as a cellphone was thrown towards her direction. She glanced amusedly at the approaching stranger coming her way to retrieve the phone and picked it up, handing it to the woman.

"Not a fan of the minimised version of technology?" The scientist questioned, a small grin making it's way across her lips.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow  Empty Re: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Post by Kallie Patterson Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Kallie looked up, feeling surprise though she did not start as she heard a voice address her. Her brown gaze lingered on the person before an exasperated sigh came out of her mouth. She held the small device in her hand, looking at it instead of the stranger.

"I'm not a fan of how easily accessible it makes me, to those I rather wished not to speak to again." It was a diplomatic version of the truth. Really she often got nothing but bad news from the thing.

Seemed much simpler to forget it existed and go back to her normal day-to-day way of communicated, owls and spells. But, then again, Kallie never did do what was simple.

"But I suppose we all have to face our demons one day, yes?"
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

"You do know that you could probably block them from your contacts list or even change your SIM card, right?" Adria asked, the grin still in place. "It is really not that bad to use a cellphone, once you get the hang of it."

For a moment, the scientist wondered if the stranger was also someone magical, a witch, like Marianne and voiced her thought, "Are you involved with magic or something?" She figured she could always call it off as a joke in case the woman's reaction was something...unexpected.

"Oh yes, we should face our demons," she agreed with a single nod of her head. "And believe me, that thing in your hand hardly qualifies as a demon," Adria teased.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Kallie offered a little grin for the woman, though it seemed more a formality, her eyes did not mirror the reflection, "I will be getting on that eventually; I merely loath that I had to endure the conversation even once." Not to mention her father seemed to be getting more resourceful, perhaps that was evidence that the words that he begged her to believe were true, however there were too many years of scars to just let one 'magical' turn around fix everything.

"If you must know, yes; though I have spent more than my fair share of time in this kind of world of yours." If she was surprised about the question, it did not show on her face. Her voice was level as she answered the question. Kallie supposed that should she mean harm upon learning that truth - though she did not appear so - than she could merely wipe her memory of this conversation. As with any spell Kallie had at the very least rudimentary understanding of it - though oblivators were her field of enter into the ministry. Her mind over matter nature had always given her the ability to do things that were necessary for the protection of their people, without getting too hung up about the thought.

She gave another polite smile at the teasing, understanding it though hardly in the mood to allow even the people closest to her to draw her out of the thoughts, let alone a stranger.

"It's not the phone that's the demons, but the man on the other side of it."
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:44 pm

"Oh, that bad? I sort of know the feeling," the blonde smiled lightly. "I actually ruined two of my phones due to my anger at having to have spoken with someone and threw it on the ground." After a few weeks of her breakup with Ryan, he had incessantly phoned her either to apologize or simply to spew insults about her job as a stripper. It had gotten so bad that she finally had no resort but to file a restraining order.

Raising an eyebrow at the woman's tone, Adria said, "You state that admission as though you did not want to be spending time in 'this world' of mine." She had a feeling it probably wasn't easy living without magic for those sort of people, but she figured it would be better if they knew how to rely on things without the use of magic.

Then again, perhaps she would have a hard time in the other world as well. Sometimes she still could not believe it, even though she had seen it for herself and that shock and disbelief caused her not to dwell much on the thought of existence of magic.

"Do you mean a boyfriend or someone else? I am pretty much clueless as I do not know if there is some sort of double meaning," Adria smiled sheepishly.

Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 pm

She shook her head slightly, "Forgive me if I sounded degrading; I am quite fond of your world for the most part. It was my home for half my life." Even if she did not enjoy much of that tine there, thanks to her family. She still had great respect for the rest of her town, and muggles in general. Kallie just wasn't completely sure she knew how to express that. "I have trouble with... primness; sort of been the battle of my life, if it were."

Her expression softened into something almost like a genuine smile, before it darkened with bitterness again.

"Fiancée's wonderful, and even my Ex is... dear to me," that seemed like the diplomatic way of putting it. "This is something far, far worse," she flashed her a bitter grin, "My father."
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:16 pm

"It is alright. Perhaps I should stop being so defensive at such comments, then again, that may be easier said than done since it was instilled in my when I was young," the scientist sighed and gave a small grin. "Also, I am not certain of magic people's relationship with Muggles, so that may also explain my further inquisitiveness. No worries, we all have trouble with certain things," she added.

A humourless smile spread across her face, "A crazy father? I had one of those, was not really a memorable time." She hated to admit that her step father had treated her more well than her own father. In a way, she was glad that her mother had remarried. "I am not really good with getting intimate with my family though, it was never my sort of thing."
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:38 pm

She gave the other woman a kind smile, and let some of the tenseness in her shoulders drop, "It is okay; I am often equally as uncertain of the relationship between our peoples as well. I've often found it just comes to the person. Some people are more willing to accept differences than others."

It was a simple fact of life she had come to accept. Even amongst people of the same 'kind', many had trouble accepting differences, youths especially. At least, the other students had always had difficulties accepting herself. She had never really blamed them for it, but it was a fact she had noticed none the less.

"Not so much crazy as... drunk," she said with a wan smile, "And grieving too I suppose, but its been over twenty years, I do not believe he can use 'grieving' as an excuse any longer."
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:23 pm

"Believe me when I say that I am not used to people accepting differences so kindly," Adria replied, a sort of sad smile on her face. It made her think of her high school years where she was constantly being picked on just for the smartest girl, and perhaps not the prettiest. But by the end of it, she had managed to get used to it and gotten to the belief it would always be this way.

That was until she met Nate.

Shaking her head to clear the negative thoughts, the blonde focussed her attention on the woman once more."Drunk parent yelling through the phone? Hm, the situation seems oddly familiar," the scientist remarked teasingly. However, the smile turned into a frown at the next comment, "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Well, if we lose something dear to us, the grieving never goes away completely, does it? Assuming that's the reason for your father's behaviour," she added quickly with a sheepish expression.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 am

There was something in the tone, that Kallie knew. She gave the girl a glance before flashing a hesitant, but almost conspiratorial smile, "Student are particularly judgement, are they not?"

"Thank you," she inclined her head to the girls sympathy, "But my sister died when I was very young; although you never get over such things, I am quite alright with it. My parents however..." she pursed her lips. "Although there is a time for grieving, it is very hard for young children to understand why their parents appear to be neglecting them. Sometimes, that miss understanding sticks around for a long time."

Sometimes it was irreversible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content