Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine

Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine  Empty brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine

Post by Gwendoline Carville Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 pm

The redhead wasn't a frequent visitor to the gardens, an easy place where anyone could get kidnapped or captured. To the outsider, it may sounds ridiculous, but if they knew her story, it would be the far opposite in reality.

Her only source of comfort was her wand and just for additional protection, a gun. She could never go anywhere without those two of her precious items, and even if one of them was missing, she could feel the obvious discomfort.

Years of staying in hiding often did that to a person, she concluded.

Strands of hair covering her face, she did not bother to push them back, her gaze focussed straight ahead, not really sure where she was headed.

For once, she liked not knowing where she was going.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine  Empty Re: brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Marianne pulled her coat tighter around her. Maybe wearing such a flimsy coat hadn't been such a good idea, even though the weather was warming up around her. Giving her head a little shake, she trudged on through the maze, pausing every few moments to look around and decide which way to go.

Mazes were an art. They were challenging and time consuming, but at the same entirely too much fun.

Grinning, she bounded around another corner. Recognizing the woman, her grin only widened. "Told you you'd be seeing more of me."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine  Empty Re: brighter than a shooting star, you shall shine

Post by Gwendoline Carville Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Gwen turned to the source of the voice, and a smile spread across her lips on seeing the woman. "Yes, I'm glad you were right," she replied and walked towards the brunette. "How have you been? Did anything interesting happen since we met?" She asked curiously, subconsciously hoping that things were fine with Marianne.

She had a sudden urge to tell the French woman that her real name was not Arya. But could she really do it? After all, it had been entirely too long since she had aid her real out loud to even herself, let alone anyone else. What if there someone around, listening in on them? Running her hands through her hair, the redhead decided that she'd tell after a while.

Gwen just did not want to lie to the brunette.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:48 pm

"I like to think I'm right every once in a while," Marianne laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Had anything interesting happen? There was the fact that Conner was back - she glanced over her shoulder nervously. There was no one there. It should've been comforting. It wasn't. - but she didn't want Arya worrying about her. "Nothing interesting," she said with a shake of her head. "I guess I just have a boring life."

She shrugged a shoulder, trying to act as her life was in any way boring.

"What about you? Anything happen?"
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm

"Why is that you seem so paranoid when you talk to me?" The redhead questioned with a raised eyebrow, almost teasing. "I know this is just the second encounter, but even now you do not seem at ease. You do not have to answer if you do not wish to," she added. "My brain stops functioning every once in a while, I think, and so I don't think before I ask."

She nodded her head slowly, "Actually, I was given a job offer by a secret underground organization held in France. Apparently, they heard of my various occupations and thought I'd be perfect for being a 'spy' of sorts. But I am not sure whether to accept." She said and shrugged her shoulders. She knew it was probably not be said aloud, but she did not bother that much about it.

"Other than that, nothing interesting," she remarked with a small grin and sat down on the grass.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 am

"I - It has nothing to do with you," she said softly, shaking her head. "No, it's fine, really." She looked up at Arya, biting at her bottom lip. "Well, not really, but -" she cut herself off, shaking her head. "I just don't want to worry you." Marianne admitted, rubbing at the back of her head.

The less people that worried about her, the better.

"Wow," she murmured, raising her eyebrows. "Now that is cool. Much cooler than a little old professor," she teased, grinning. "Gonna be flying around the world carrying out top secret missions?" Almost like being a thief, she mused, her grin widening. The company she kept were so wild. She loved every moment with them.

Sitting down beside her, Marianne hummed. "I guess you can only have so much interesting stuff happen at once."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:42 pm

"You can tell me if you want, my lack of chattering is sort of an indicator that I'm an effective listener," Gwen replied, with a shrug of her shoulders. "Since I already like you, I am obviously inclined to worry about you, which I am at the moment," she said, her voice holding a tone of concern. "So what is it that is bothering you?"

The redhead rolled her eyes good naturedly, "Your job is pretty amazing too, Marianne. Even more so because you are doing something that you love." A small smile spread across her lips, "Missions do sound good, especially since it's a good excuse to be keep moving."

Of course, there was the added danger of getting killed, but that had never stopped her before.

"Yes, I suppose that is true," she murmured. "So how are those students of yours?"
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 pm

"I know you'd be," she nodded her head slightly, worryingly clasping her hands together. But she couldn't tell her. This was between her and Bonnie. It was safer the less people knew. Glancing up at Arya, she shook her head slightly. "It's nothing. I'm just a worrier," she said, laughing nervously.

"I guess that's true," Marianne shrugged, grinning. She really did love being a professor. It was satisfying, knowing that she was making a difference. "Can't stay in one place long?" She tilted her head at the redhead, her lips quivering upwards. "Can't blame you."

Leaning back against the wall of the maze, she hummed softly for a moment. "They're good. Most of them at least, but that's all you can really ask for, right?"
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 pm

"Are you sure?" Gwen questioned, her tone surprisingly soft from it's usual bluntness. "I understand that it's personal, but if it gets to bother you too much..." she trailed off, a sheepish smile on her face. She did not know why, but her worry for the brunette was only increasing.

Since when did she ever care for someone else? It'd been a while, really.

She chuckled humourlessly, "Honestly? I would love to settle down and stay in one place. But if I want to live, I can't. There are certain people that I wish to avoid, so I cannot linger too long." It wasn't the exact truth, but mostly yes. "This life of mine was not meant for enjoyment, that much I can say. It's tiring to have to look over your shoulder all the time."

"Well, students are students after all, can't really expect all of them to be good, huh?" The redhead grinned weakly.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 am

"Yes," she said softly, but her voice was determined. She'd made her choice a long time ago. Really, she'd made it at the age of seven, when she'd first befriended Bonnie. These things came with that. "And it's really not my story to tell, anyway. I'm just worried about a friend."

She smiled at Arya, trying to show that it wasn't anything personal. She just couldn't tell her.

Marianne listened to the redhead, nodding sadly. "I know the feeling." She'd felt it after that attack, and she was feeling it again, now that Connor was back with whatever intention he had. But it wasn't good. He was him after all. But at Beauxbatons, in the magical school, she was safe. Leaning towards her, she gave her a brief hug. "I hope it all turns around soon. Gets better." Pulling away, she offered a small smile.

"True," she agreed. "And it's some of the bad ones that make things interesting, I have to admit."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:58 pm

The redhead nodded her head, but did not say anything. She was puzzled at her own behaviour; she had never been concerned for another person in such a long while, so why the sudden interest? However, when the brunette that it was concerning a friend only, she relaxed slightly, hoping that at least Marianne was not in any trouble.

Gwen mentally scolded herself. She needed to stop acting like a naive and overly curious woman, it was not in her nature.

"Thank you," she murmured, surprised at the sudden hug and even more surprised as she felt a warmth across her cheeks. Merlin, she felt like she was back in her teenager days once again, crushing on the girl she could never have. But she did not have a crush on Marianne...did she?

Her gaze focussed on the professor's, she said, "I'm sorry to hear that you know my feeling, because it really is not a desirable feeling to with hold. At the same time, I'm glad you understand."

"The rebellious ones are really entertaining," she chuckled lightly. "They'd do just about anything to attract the teacher's attention."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 pm

"You're welcome," Marianne said simply, smiling at Arya. But her blush completely slipped her notice, her gaze already moving up towards the clouds as she hummed softly.

Glancing back at her, she nodded softly. "It's one of those things that you don't want anyone else to have ever been through. But when you meet someone who has, I don't know, you appreciate it. That they've been through it and became stronger."

She gave her head a tiny little shake. "You can just tell that I'm a professor from that, can't you?"

Marianne nodded, "But sometimes though, I can't help but worry about what they're going to do when they graduate and find themselves in the big, wide world that won't let them act like that anymore."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm

It was almost a miracle. Here was a woman who understood her and listened more than anyone else she'd ever known and Gwen had to admit, it was something she wouldn't mind getting used to. "But that increase in strength comes with other prices," she murmured sadly. "It sort of ruins other things for me also."

"As time passes and they grow, they'll learn how to get through," the redhead replied, an odd attempt to assure the professor. "You just need to believe that you've done your part well in teaching them, and all your advice will be remembered by them."

After a few moments of silence, the former Auror began hesitantly, "There is something I have to confess." She didn't think she would ever know what made her say the following words out loud, but she did so anyway.

"My name is not Arya, it is..." she trailed off, not sure whether she could say it, but a fierce look crossed her eyes, "Gwendoline Nicholas."

And after four years, she finally revealed her name and that too, with a surge of pride.

"I did not want to lie to you," she whispered with a sigh. Gazing at the beautiful brunette intently, she said, "I hope you can forgive me."

Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 am

"That is true," she agreed sadly, memories of just how broken she'd felt after Destan's suicide and her attack still fresh in her mind. Merlin, she'd do anything to not go back to those days. If she could just stay like this forever, then she'd be perfectly content.

"But...what if they don't?" She whispered, hugging herself as she stared blankly ahead. "We're supposed to prepare them for the real world, aren't we? And if we don't do that, haven't we failed as professors?" She supposed that simply hoping that they listened and paid attention was all she could do. But there had to be something more.

She blinked back over at the redhead, her expression brimming with curiosity. "Okay," she said, her voice holding just the slightest reservation. What if Arya was serial killer or something?

But as the words came out of the woman's mouth, she relaxed slightly. Being lied to wasn't all the great of a thing, but it was better than some of the alternatives that had been running through her head. "Gwendoline," she murmured, running the word over her tongue.

"It's a nice name," she complimented, "And I forgive you. Of course I do. You had to have had a good reason for it."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm

"No, you can never say that you have failed, because just by having accepted the position of a professor, you are already making a change," Gwen stated with a nod. "And that is something that most people want but are afraid of admitting. But here you are, teaching a class of students the right way to go. After a while, it's upto them to make the right choice."

The redhead was not sure if her words were properly chosen, but it didn't matter because she had given an honest opinion to the brunette. She scooted closer and placed a hand at Marianne's cheek, making her look towards her and whispered firmly once more, "You do not need to worry about failures, I can already tell you will never be one."

Realizing a little too late at her actions, the ex-Angelique quickly dropped her hand and gave a sheepish smile. She always knew her boldness at certain things would get her in trouble, but, she didn't regret it. Human contact did not come so easy to her due to fear, this was a chance and she took it.

And Merlin, did it feel right.

"Thank you for the compliment, and for not being angry," she told quietly, though she was slightly surprised. "Yes, I have a very good and not-so-pleasant reason for it, but don't we all have horrible haunts from the past?" She asked with a humourless chuckle.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 pm

"Well, I guess so," she muttered uncertainly, frowning down at her feet. She'd definitely made a change by taking the position of the retiring professor, but other than that, she wasn't so sure. "But I have this feeling that if they do make the wrong decisions, I'm just going to feel hopelessly guilty."

She blinked over at the sudden touch, blushing slightly, both at the hand on her cheek and at the compliment. "Thank you," she whispered back, smiling. "That's - thank you." She nodded jerkily, grinning.

"It's nothing," she brushed off dismissively. "I'm not an easy angered person. People have done worse to me and been forgiven for it." It was just in her nature to forgive. Holding grudges weren't necessary. It'd only hurt her in the end. "We do," she said simply, images of blood stained - her blood - snow dancing behind eyelids. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Maybe it was the spur of the moment, but for a second, all Gwen could think of was getting a kiss from Marianne. As quickly as it came, the thought left her mind and the redhead was momentarily confused. It was probably the first time in her life she had ever experienced such a feeling, and it was more foreign than ever.

"You're welcome. It is the truth anyway," she told softly, a light blush still on cheeks and looked away, wondering if she had stepped out of line. Though judging by the brunette's reaction, it was not exactly a bad thing.

The ex-Angelique frowned lightly, "No...I think I will tell you soon, because it would make me feel better perhaps if I opened up to someone. And it is not everyday I find people I can get along with, or are as friendly as you."

She did not want to add that she did not have time for making friends either.

"Do you think you would be free anytime soon?" Gwen questioned, without really thinking over her words. Even when she realized what she said, she went on, "I mean, if you were, we could go out or something...." she trailed off, trying to focus her gaze on the brunette.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 am

She nodded along to Arya's - or Gwen's, now - words. "Okay, I don't mind waiting," she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm not the most patient of people out there, far from it, actually." Marianne let out a tiny, self-depricating laugh. "But I understand," she said softly, nodding again. "Some things aren't easy to say." The house head blushed at the compliment, shaking her head. "You're really sweet, you know that?"

Arya - she still couldn't think of her Gwen just yet - was quickly becoming a good friend. It was nice, having someone who could understand almost every issue she'd been through.

"I'm free most weekends," she admitted. "Teaching isn't totally time consuming," she grinned softly, clicking the soles of her shoes together. Tilting her head at the redhead, a slow smile spread across her face. "I'd like that. I really would."
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:43 pm

"Sweet? Really? Wow, there's something new," the redhead murmured with an amused smile. "But I shall not object to that. I was not aiming to be sweet though, I was just stating a fact." Ah, if only Marianne was aware of all the things the ex-Auror had done, she probably would not use the word 'sweet'.

No matter, it was a problem meant to be dealt with later.

A relieved sigh escaped her lips at the brunette's reply. "That is amazing, it is date then. I mean, I meant it as a date, but it does not have to be," she added quickly, blush appearing on her cheeks for the second time that evening. If she had seen herself in this moment, she would have laughed. But it was really happening.

Although she was not exactly sure what this 'it' was, at the moment, but had a really good feeling about it.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 am

"People don't say that to you?" She tilted her head, looking over at her. "They should. Because you really are." She nodded along to her words, smiling. Even if Gwen didn't believe her, she was still going to say it. People deserved to know the truth, even if they didn't believe it.

It was the only way they ever would.

Marianne blinked, her eyes widening slightly. Wait, she liked her? But - why? "A - A date. I - I've never actually -" But she had, hadn't she? She'd been on dates before, but never with girls.

"What about if we just go as friends?" She didn't think she could manage going on a date with someone, not when she still thought about Adria in that way.
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Gwen knew she probably should have felt rejected of sorts, but she didn't. She had a feeling she had been acting quite impulsive, which was very much unlike her, and in one way was not expecting Marianne to have said yes. After all, they don't even know each other that well, it'd be like going out with a stranger.

Yet, for a fleeting second, she believed that perhaps...

Shaking her head, the ex-Auror smiled lightly, "Sure, that sounds fine. I apologize if I was being too forward, I was just going on instinct really." Her smile turning sheepish, she added, "Mind you, that has never worked out for me, it is over-thinking and analysing that has been my forte. So, I figured I'd give it a try."

"Better luck next time, I suppose."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 am

Marianne twiddled her thumbs, head bowed. She liked Gwen, even though they hardly knew each other. In the meeting they'd had before, she'd had to admit that the woman was at least nice and friendly.

But did she think of her like that? No. She hardly knew her. And - and besides, whenever she thought of Adria, her heart still did that little flutter.

"It's not your fault," she murmured, giving her arm a little wave. "Really, it's mine. Can't seem to stop thinking about a girl." She shrugged her shoulders, as if part of her heart didn't hurt at thinking of Adria as just a girl.

"May the odds be ever in your favour," she grinned, a quote from an old movie running through her head.
    Gwendoline Carville
    Gwendoline Carville
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Gwendoline Carville Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

"There's always a girl, isn't there?" Gwen questioned, mostly to herself, a small smile on her face. "Anyway, I am completely new to all this. It really hasn't been that long since I found out about my preference. It's just that everything in my life so far has been happening...so fast, that I barely get time to think of something as trivial as my own feelings."

She offered a slight grin at the brunette, "I'm assuming that's from a Muggle movie? The people I live with; they've been uttering that line for a while now."

"I better get going," the redhead replied and got up from her spot. "I'm thinking of accepting the position for that organization, but there's some paper work I need to take care off." By which Gwen actually meant, have her friend give her another false identity with the passport and documents. "You do not have to meet up with me if you don't want," she added quickly. "I'm sure there are other things you'd rather do."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 pm

She shrugged a shoulder, glancing up at the hedge walls of the maze. "When I'm not falling in love, I'm either in love or falling out of it. My heart doesn't seem to like to being stationary." Sighing softly, she frowned down at her chest before giving her head a little shake.

"I think maybe I've always known." She propped her knees up on her legs, holding her head in her hands. "But I don't think it ever really hit me until I was - fourteen? Fifteen? I don't know. It was all such a long time ago." She shook her head amusedly. She was starting to sound so much older than she was.

Marianne blinked up at the redhead as she stood up, pulling herself up to her feet. "I never did like paperwork." Her nose wrinkled, her eyes shining sympathetically. "Worst thing about teaching." She shook her head and her tone was firm when she spoke again. "No. I want to. I really do. And trust me, spending time with you is something I really want to do."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:47 am