Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+9
Clarisse Valliere
Laedin Crouch
Georgie Vane
Alessa D'Angelo Romano
Anna Tshering
Train Reid
Sel
Tobias Forsyte
Ezekiel Wolfe
13 posters

Lesson 1 Second Years

Lesson 1 Second Years - Page 3 Empty Lesson 1

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 pm

'Yes profssor, and I'm sorry for my interruption. It won't happen again.' Alexis replied. She'd explain to her later. She'd understand, she thought.
    'Um, Professor, can we make wound cleansing salve, and blood replenishing potion?' she added after a moment.
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson 1 Second Years - Page 3 Empty Re: Lesson 1 Second Years

Post by Alicia Wood Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:08 pm

"Sit down if your partner is late"

Why was it that every time Alicia got to a class, seemingly on time, that the word "late" applied to her?
    Grumbling under her breath, she dropped her bag beside the only empty work bench she could see and scanned the classroom for someone she knew.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Anna smiled sadly at the new girl who had just entered the classroom. She then turned back to the Professor, putting up her hand.

"Can we make a Hair-Raising Potion?" she asked curiously. She has always wanted to make that potion, but she never had the courage to ask.
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alicia Wood Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Alicia smiled back at the girl who'd just asked about the hair-raising potion. She wasn't sure if her catching the attention of the other students was a good thing, though. If they noticed, so would the teacher, and she was willing to bet that she'd get a detention if the teacher noticed.
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 am

She tried to redeem herself through recitation.

"Professor, if you don't mind me asking, is the Polyjuice Potion appropriate for a second year to learn?"

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Taryn laughed, "No, polyjuice potion is fairly advanced." She smiled, "And we all know that Harry Potter and his buddies made a polyjuice potion their second year, but I do not feel that twelve year olds should be able to learn how to change their appearance at will."
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:30 pm

"I know that our OWLs isn't until three years from now," Anna began hopefully, crossing her fingers that her classmates wouldn't hate her for this. "But can we try the Draught of Living Death just one time?"
    Tobias Forsyte
    Tobias Forsyte
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tobias Forsyte Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:11 am

"How about some Babbling Beverage," Tobi said, "It would be funny to see the drinker babbling uncontrollably."

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:41 am

Alexis' head snapped up as Draught of Living Death was mantioned. Will Taryn allow them? Babbling Beverage is a good idea, she thought. Sometimes, lifting the inhibition is a good way to gain information and they will not brew veritaserum for some time, she had a feeling.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:55 am

Iris was convinced and let the other students decide. She can follow for whatever potion is chosen. That wouldn't be a problem. But still, she recommended the healing potions. "Uhm Professor Taryn? Are healing potions acceptable? We are currently in a devastating state now and they can be useful." She said with concern showing off from her eyes.

Last edited by Iris Frances on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 am

Upon hearing Professor Dosha's response to her suggestion, she slowly put down her hand and looked sincerely crestfallen.

"How about... Essence of Dittany? Wait... Is that even a potion?
    Uhhh... How about a Pepperup Potion? Y'know..to cure colds.." she trailed off uncertainly.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 am

Iris has a lot of potions in her mind. Some are for the benefit of others, while some are for herself. Wound-cleaning potion - also for the current war, Dreamless sleep potion - for me to not to see bad dreams at night. She always encounters them in her sleep but just ignores it to make herself better. She just hopes that those are not going to happen unexpectedly.
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:46 am

Alessa nonchalantly raised her hand and answered as soon as she was called. "How about... Veritaserum?" she said, looking down. It was pretty obvious that the recommendation's pretty ridiculous - in the midst of war, why would anyone need Veritaserum? And on another, it's pretty hard to brew. But since they were free to suggest, I guess it could help.

Well, a tongue is a sharp tool. It can let out things we thought never existed, or facts that we haven't been conscious about. Alessa hesitated, shook her head and sat.

Last edited by Alessa D'Angelo Romano on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 am

Veritaserum. It can be. Her mind was only her mouth now. She hates silence and wondered when will they start brewing the suggested potions.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:50 am

Alexis was looking at Taryn, who was regarding them silently. The suggested potions could be found in the pockets of people ranging from pranksters to Aurors. How will she chose? Usefulness or their standards?
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Laedin rolled his eyes at the idea of Veritaserum. Like they would let Second Years make that! It's one of the hardest and dangerous potions someone could make, and if it went wrong, could be fatal. It was complicated too, and since they had only a year of potion making experience, they wouldn't approve of it.
    J-Scarlet Lavigne
    J-Scarlet Lavigne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by J-Scarlet Lavigne Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:53 am

J-Scarlet arrived in her Potions class. Looking around she realized that she was already late. She greeted her professor a good morning and apologized for her tardiness. After that she looked for a seat at the corner and sat. Then, started listening to the discussion.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 am

Taryn smiled. "Yes a wound cleaning potion will suffice. And Ms. Tshering, you will be learning to make that potion next year."

She began writing on the board again:

Wiggenweld Potion
    Babbling Potion
    Hair Rising Potion

She stilled and turned around to Ms. Valliere. "Do you have a problem listening, Ms. Valliere?" She asked cooly.
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 am

"No, Professor.." she replied. Although, she looked utterly confused as to what the Potions Master meant.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Alexis knew perfectly well what Taryn meant. Clarisse was looking utterly clueless. But she didn't want to disappoint Taryn by talking farther, so kept silent.
    Jesi Volare
    Jesi Volare
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jesi Volare Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Jesi ran into the classroom slightly out of breath, "I'm so sorry I'm late, I just transferred here from Australia and I got quite lost." She looked bashful and quickly took a seat by herself since everyone else seemed to be paired up already.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:11 am

Iris looked at her Potions partner rolling his eyes and shrugged silently. What's even wrong with Alessa's opinion? At least she's willing to brew Veritaserum even if it's more complex.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Charlotte walked to the Potions classroom. She knocked and walked into, looking for the Professor who was in front of the classroom, writing on the board.

She walked up to her apologetically, "Sorry I'm late Professor. I just signed up for the class and I was hoping it wouldn't be too late to join. I'd completely understand if you wouldn't want me here for this lesson and you'd rather want me to wait for the second one."
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:56 am

Iris cursed under her breath as she realized that she was late for Potions class. Of course, she never cared much for rules but seeing that it was her first Potions class, she might as well make a good impression. Or at least try to. She could only hope that the class hadn't progressed too much. She entered the class and heard another girl explain to the Professor that she late as well.

"I signed up late as well Professor," Iris said, coming to stand next to the girl. "Hope it is okay for us to join still."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 am