Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

dance dance dance {RILEY S.}

Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

dance dance dance {RILEY S.} Empty dance dance dance {RILEY S.}

Post by Jodie Bass Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Sometimes, Adele wondered if she was even supposed to be here, but it was quiet, so she could always giggle and laugh and have a jug of Butterbeer shaking her head back and forth. So she did. This time, though, she had company. It was a Ravenclaw girl sitting next to her who had just gotten there and she poked her gently on the shoulder.

"Yo! What's your name?" she giggled. "I'm Adele!"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

dance dance dance {RILEY S.} Empty Re: dance dance dance {RILEY S.}

Post by Riley Skander Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Riley glanced over at the queer girl poking her in the shoulder. She looked vaguely familiar, from school. And she said yo...

"Riley. Riley Skander," she told the girl, sticking out her hand for the girl-she said her name was Adele?-to shake.
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:05 am

Adele shook her hand with confidence. "Don't be scared, love! I don't bite!" She then asked the bartender for a jug of firewhiskey. "Well, actually, my name is Jodie, but since it's an ultra boring name I call myself Adele." She chuckled.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:39 am

Riley laughed. "Thank God! I learned long ago that things that bite are not to be trusted."
    Adele ordered a jug of firewhiskey. Her name, it turned out, was Jodie.
    "Well, Riley isn't that cool a name." Riley said dullly, taking the jug of firewhiskey the waitress had just set down and pouring two glasses, pushing one towards Adele. "Why do they call you Adele, anyways?"
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 pm

"They aren't?" Adele replied, sounding rather dumb. She then pretended to bite Riley. "Oooh look! I'm biting..."

Adele frowned. "It is a cool name! Don't lie to me!" She then started laughing her head off again. She then shook her head. "Nah, I don't drink firewhiskey." She then passed it back to Riley. "Jethro - my brother - came up with it! Cool, huh?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Riley scootched away from Adele ever so slightly on her chair. The girl was kind of crazy.

"I don't drink, either. Maybe it's good for the plants," Riley got up and inconspicuously dumped the two glasses into a dying fern.

"You're brother? It's cool. Adele, like the singer?"
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:49 am

"Noooo!" Jodie gasped. "You can't feed whiskey to plants!" She shrieked and moved away from Riley just a little. She shook her head. "Um... what? There's a singer called Adele?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:49 am

"Yeah, there's a singer called Adele," Riley looked at Jodie. "She's awesome, and British. I kind of figured she'd be an even bigger deal over here than she was in America."
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm

"British? I've never heard of her," Jodie frowned. "I mean... maybe she's a Muggle singer? My Muggle knowledge is like, practically zilch."
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 pm

"Yeah, she's a Muggle singer. She's pretty good," Riley said. "If my iPod worked out here, I'd let you listen to her, but magic doesn't like music..."

"So, what are you doing down here? I mean, with all the other stuff in Hodsmeade, we end up in this old dump!" Riley returned the glare the bartender gave her-and won, in case you were wondering. "It's quiet, but that's about it."
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:24 pm

"Explains a lot," Adele nodded. Her Muggle knowledge was absolutely atrocious; growing up in a Pureblood family does have its drawbacks. "Um... what's an iPod?"

"Umm... I don't know!" Jodie frowned. "I like the quietness." She took a biscuit out of her pocket. "Want one?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:47 pm

"Oh, it's a device that you can download and listen to music on. It does a whole bunch of other stuff, but really, the music is the only thing worth getting one for. Man, you must've grown up around wizards..." Riley was a half-blood, but her parents had invested a special interest in making sure she was Muggle oriented.

"I like the quiet, too. It's much better than all the noise in the other shops." For a moment, Riley pondered over why Adele would carry biscuits is her pocket, before saying, "Sure! Umm...why are you carrying those, anyways?"
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Adele nodded in assent. "Well, yeah," she replied confidently, smiling, "I'm a pureblood, and mum and Jethro don't go to the Muggle world much. They don't talk about it much either. I don't have anything against them. If anything, I'd like to know more!" She widened her eyes at the mention of other stuff. "Oh really?" she asked. "What sort, huh? Does it do your homework for you?"

Adele only shrugged her shoulders. "That's like saying why we breathe, I guess," she mused. She really had no idea why. She took a bite out of her biscuit. "Mmmm... lovely!" she grinned.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

"My parents were always determined to make sure me and my siblings wete gery Muggle oriented. And unfortunately, it doesn't do your homework," Riley said, "But you can plqy all sorts of games and stuff like that. Someday, I'll find a way to make it work, but," Riley shrugged.

"Well, I guess I have no right to question breathing," Riley smiled. Since Adele was eating the biscuit, Riley assumed that the biscuit wasn't poisonous and took a bite out of it.
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:10 am

Adele frowned. "That isn't very useful," she replied honestly. She then nodded at the mention of not questioning breathing, and her grin widened even more when Riley ate the biscuit. "Is it good?" she asked, "Jethro baked it!"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:44 am

"Most fun things aren't useful," Riley shrugged.
    The biscuit was flakey, and kind of warm-once again, not questioning breathing. She smiled. "It's very good," Riley smiled. "My brother would never make anything like this,"
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:30 am

Adele shook her head, "I find that rather funny."

At Riley's next words, she shrugged her shoulders. "That's cause Jethro has to live with girls - aka me and mum - so of course he's gonna learn how to bake properly!" she agreed, taking a bite out of her cookie. She could tell this was her favourite sort: walnuts and almonds. Adele was nuts for nutty cookies.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:19 pm

(Ack! Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread!)

"It is funny," Riley agreed. "But if everything was done for a purpose, sitting around would have none." That didn't make sense, but, oh well.

Riley laughed. "Caleb lives with girls too-my mom, Emma, and me-but my dad's there too. There's more than enough girls that aren't failures at home making like moi to make up for his inept skills." Riley finished off the biscuit and closed her eyes. It was some type of rule, wasn't it, to not accept food from strangers-but this girl was a friendly stranger.
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 am

(ooc: no problem!)

Laughing, Adele took another bite out of her cookie. "I loooooove nuts! Lookie - I'm nuts for nuts!" She started laughing heavily at the pun and nearly rolled onto the floor in laughter before settling herself back up to talk back to the other girl. "Anyway, girl. Who's Emma?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 am

Riley laughed, too-she could appreciate a good pun. "Nutty for nuts!" Riley said in between her laughter. She managed to get herself under control, then looked back at Adele. "Emma's my little sister. She's almost 11. Hogwarts next year!" Riley smiled at the thought of having her little sister-who was most definately going to be a Hufflepuff-to take on adventures.
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 pm

"Oooh! I'm the third out of the four kids! First is Jethro, the second one... died," she began, not leaving a single joyful bit of her out of place. She hated, hated Hazelle, if that was not obvious enough, for reasons beyond Adele's own wildest imagination. "And the youngest is Kaycee! He's funny! He's my triplet!"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:26 am

"Wow...four kids," Riley whistled. "I can hardly manage with my two siblings." Riley listened to Adele describe her family. "Oh, I'm sorry. I know what you're going through, then-kind of." Riley thought of Emma's cancer, which probably wasn't as bad as she made it seen. "Were you close, to your dead sibling?" Riley smiled at Adele describing her triplet. "All brothers then, huh? That must suck at least sometimes."

Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm

"No, I barely knew her!" Adele grinned, sounding as if it was something to be proud of. Even though she had only met them once, she was unfortunate for that one meeting. She shook her head. "Nah, I only live with Jethro and Mum. Dad and Kaycee and Ha - they live by themselves. That's 'cause of their jobs."
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 am

Riley wondered why she was so happy about not knowing her sister. She knew immediately there was more to that story, but she wasn't one to pry. "What do your parents do, then?" Riley asked. "I live with my mom, dad, Caleb, Emma, and this weird owl named Al that doesn't like me. Oh, and my cat Neffie." Riley mentally went through her list of family members. "Oh! And Grandma Waters. Can't forget her. She'll hang me by my thumbs," Riley grinned impishly. "What was your sister's name? The dead one?"
    Jodie Bass
    Jodie Bass
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Jodie Bass Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Adele shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know what my parents do, because I don't remember!" she laughed. She had a little bit of a problem with her memory, but she wasn't going to tell that to Riley; it was something only her best friends should know. Her grin widened at the mention of a cat named Neffie. "Neffie! Effy with an N at the front! Cool!" she grinned, "and Grandma Waters sounds kinda cool!"

At the mention of her sister, she bluntly replied, "Hazelle."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:36 am