Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

i have the music in my heart

danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

i have the music in my heart Empty i have the music in my heart

Post by danie Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:46 am

Anya walked silently around Hogsmeade. She was getting used the her news surroundings. It was all quite nicer than Russia and the castle was a lot better than Durmstrang. Not that she hated Durmstrang- she missed it quite much. Well the friends that were left behind and some of the nice teachers she had.

She had finished buying some of her supplies. Meaningless jobs had come a great worth to her considering she had managed to get most of her supplies and yet still have money over to spend it on some other things. She knew one thing though: her parents hated her with a passion yet oddly enough, they had given her an allowance to make sure she wan't broke. It was odd to her, something must be brewing because that itch was still in her thoughts.

Anya soon found herself in front of what happened to be a music store. She stepped inside, wondering what she could find. Hopefully some muggle things, she thought.

She gave the worker a polite smile before finding her way to what seemed to be the music section. She titled her head curiously as she went through the music.

"Those are called CD's," the worker smiled at her. "They used to be what we would get to hear music from artist. Of course, you would have to buy a compact disk player; however, music then went through the computer age where you could just get the music online with a computer and internet and place it in your mp3 or ipod player."

Anya nodded politely but she was having a hard time grasping the man's lecture considering he was speaking english at a very face pace. That, and she had no idea what a compact disk player, computer, internet, mp3, ipod or cd was. She didn't like her pure-blood heritage at all.

Giving the man another polite nod, she turned to face the CD's again and began to rummage through it. The cover of the album was black and a big white 'x' stood out. The back of the CD said the bands name was "The XX" and that it had an 11 tracks on it. She grabbed it as she continued to look through more of them with curiosity, not really sure what to think of them.

Frowning, she continued to walk down the rows of cd's until she bumped into someone.

"Мне так жаль!" Was her first instinct to say. She felt herself blush in embarsement, "I-I am sorry! I meant I was s-sorry!" Her russian accent slightly thick.

outfit. || the xx - vcr
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

i have the music in my heart Empty Re: i have the music in my heart

Post by Rora Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Lena had been walking - or more like, waddling - by the music section of the supply store for some time now. She was, needless to say, rather frustrated. Where was all the metal CDs she was looking for? Namely, all of the Asking Alexandria ones? All they had here was a bunch of the modern pop shit she tried to avoid. Well, at least she had found some slightly old Florence CDs. That was a sigh of relief. At least she could listen to something decent; this was, after all, better than nothing. Plus, she had all of the Nightwish and the other records to listen to. But none of them was as good as the one she tried to find.

However, the blonde was not going to give up after just one try, so she decided to look for the band again, She scanned the music section again when she found the 'A' label again. She leafed through the numerous CDs and squealed when she found the right CDs from the right band. And it was. Yes, the cover was memorable now from the times she had went on the internet at Patricia's house, and sometimes in one of the wi-fi spots in Amsterdam. "Mita paska?" she whispered, mostly in joyous shock, checking to see if it had the right tracklist and the right songs, and it did. Her lips curled up in a smile of satisfaction, and she had the temptation of singing the lyrics loud and clear for the entire country to hear, but she highly doubted that it was a very nice thing to do, because the lyrics were so direct and profane. Not to mention they implied things the general public shouldn't hear.

As she decided to walk to the cashier to pay for her goods - which for once did not involve any plans with a bottle of vodka (but they might do anyway), she bumped into someone. She heard the familiar tones jabber in quick Russian, and even quicker English. She took a second to settle down and glanced quickly at the face before she decided to make her reply. "No worries, Anya," Lena laughed, slight German cadences lacing her voice. "I'm sure Lena would forgive you." She then pursed her lips and pretended to ask herself, "Do you forgive Anya, Insane Lena?" She then nodded and replied, "Why yes, sane Lena, I do."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 pm

“Oh, its you,” Anya joked. “Eh, I don’t want to apologize to you. You’re too insane, after all you are talking to your self.” She laughed.

She looked at the CD’s she had in her hand and titled her head slightly, “What kind of CD’s do you have?”

She smiled at her friend and finally gave her a hug, “I’ve missed you, you crazy Finish girl! How were the summer holidays after… you know, the situation in Greece?”
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 am

Lena rolled her eyes. "Gee, thanks," she muttered in a mock begrudging tone. She then chuckled along with Anya, because she couldn't help it and after all, it was actually rather funny when she thought of it.

Looking at her collection, she then replied with, "The usual metal, noisy, the sort of music that will break all noise records ones. You know what sorta music I like." She laughed and stared at Anya's. "What sort do you have, love?"

Lena received Anya's hug without hesitation and pursed her lips. "Just the usual sobbing and wailing and stuff like that," she laughed, trying to shrug it off.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:56 pm

She laughed, "Oh you know I'm just kidding and of course I forgive you Lenster. You're my favoritest person in the wizardry world!"

"Oh," Anya sounded interested. "I've never heard that kind of music before. I mean, I know you listen to it but I've never actually heard it with my own ears.

She looked down at the single CD she had picked curiously, "I-I don't know. I just picked it because the cover of it seemed interesting. It's just a white x. I hope I can manage to afford it with a CD player.

Anya frowned at Lena's response and nodded. She didn't like to see her best friend still sad and the thought of crying was something she wished she could stop, "Well, you know I'm here if you need me." She had known Lena long enough to call her her best friend and long enough to know that Lena wasn't much to spill her secrets out, especially inside a public place.

"So where do you find the CD players?" Anya asked as she titled her head curiously. "That is what they're called. right? CD players?"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 pm

"Oh, wizarding world, eh?" she asked, laughing, "what about the Muggle world?" She pursed her lips and shook her head. "No, I'm not Muggle in any way, so I can't be the coolest in the Muggle world. So, can't I be the coolest person in the universe?" she mock begged, her mouth pouting.

"You should!" Lena gleefully responded, "this band might break your ears one day, but they are bea-u-tiful, in my opinion." She sighed, staring down at her CD. She knew that what Anya thought beautiful and what she would think was different, but it wouldn't hurt to give her friend a taste, would it?

Staring carefully at the CD, Lena nodded. Well, did seem kind of interesting from the outside, come to think of it. The 'x' was a bold statement, which something Lena liked very much. She then nodded again. "A CD player would do, yes," she agreed.

The blonde Uchitel sighed and ran a finger through her blonde locks. "Do you have any idea how difficult it is for me to cope with everything?" she sighed, "with setting up dates for Charles and trying to avoid any questions about him - no, not Charles, the other one - and trying to talk to him when you know you can't?" She put her head in her hands. "If only I knew what to do."

Lena laughed, "Yeah. They're called CD players." She then looked over to a place a few steps away where everyone seemed to be tuned into their CDs. "Well," she said, pointing in that direction, "over there, I suppose?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Anya pretended to think for a few seconds, “Well… I guess I can put you first rather than Yefrem.” Anya’s hands flew to her mouth as she let out his name. She had just given out the name of the boy she liked and even though she was planning on telling Lena, she didn’t want to mention it that way.

Anya looked at where Lena had previously taken the CD and grabbed a copy herself, “It would be worth the listening then?” She grinned. “I’m sure I can survive with one of my ears broken,” she joked.

“A CD player then,” she then walked to where Lena has previously pointed and motioned for her to follow.

Anya allowed Lena to vent to her and listened to her intently. She stopped and embraced her friend with another hug before giving any other advice, she said, “I think at the end of the day, you’ll know what to do.”

“Setting up dates for Charles?” She scowled as she said his name. “Is there something else there that I should know about?”

He needs a little space which is understandable,” Anya reasoned, not trying to take her fellow Hrabrost side completely. “But that doesn’t mean he has to ignore you. He’s not ignoring you, is he? Because if he is, I’m owling him and giving him long letter of how wrong he is.”
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Lena could only roll her eyes when Anya had compared her to Yefram. "Yeah. And I was lovesick?" she scoffed, crossing her arms, "and don't act as if you didn't know I know, Anya. I've met him over the summer when I was in Azorat. He's a nice guy, I suppose. He's good for you."

Lena shook her head. "How about both?" she asked, tilting her head to one side out of habit. "I mean, I'm sure you can live with one ear but not zero." She then shrugged her shoulders and followed her friend to the CD player, and she turned it on with a push of a button. "Right," she began, "who wants to go first?" It was as if it was a life or death decision, but considering that this was probably Anya's first time poking around with a CD player, it was actually rather important.

Lena received Anya's hug again and crossed her fingers in response to her advice as if to say she wished so too. She could only hope that Anya had said things that was actually of use and would actually come into play someday, for once.

Laughing, the blonde Uchitel then replied, "It's called pranking him bad, honey." She smirked mischeviously at the sound of it. "After all, the greatest thing in the world is love, isn't it?"

Lena shrugged her shoulders. "If he wants to ignore me, that's his decision," she muttered indifferently, though without a slight tinge of disdain in her tone. "I haven't talk to him since ever, and I missed his birthday. Not like I care." Much, she added mentally.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:45 am

"I'm not lovesick," Anya quickly retorted. "I told you I liked someone but I never told you his name." She suspiciously raised an eyebrow, "What did you do Lena? How did you find out it was him?"

"Well I don't know about both," she frowned. "I don't like the idea of being deaf but I think I can destroy my hearing for a few songs, right?"

She looked at the CD player curiously. She had seen some on pictures and when she would sneak out of her house, she would see other people with them. Well, older people with them. The younger generation, like herself, had something smaller that looked almost like a small box. Picking up the player, Anya looked at it and turned it with her hand at an 180 degree turn.

She looked at Lena curiously as she put it back down at a safe distance as if were going to explode out of nowhere, "How did it turn on like that? Does it plug like other things? How does it charge? Does it need one of those muggle contraptions where they plug things into the walls? What muggle invented this thing? What do I next?" She asked her questions right after another excitedly.

"Oh, pranks!" Anya's eyes glistened at the word. She used to never really like it but after many pranks with a few first years, she quite enjoyed it and hearing stories from others. "What kind of bad pranks have you pulled on him?"

"You do care," Anya said as she glanced back at the muggle contraptions. "A lot too. Tell me, did he apply for the exchange to Hogwarts as well? Let's hope he didn't because then you'd have time to think without having to see him in lessons and in the halls. And let's definitely hope Charles doesn't come to Hogwarts because if he does, my entire year has been either ruined or ideas for pranks will begin to ensue."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 am

Lena rolled her eyes and chuckled just for a while. Just long enough for Anya to take it all in. "Don't you remember I'm Lena Vorstenbach, Private Investigator Extraordinaire?" she asked, her lips tugging into a smug little smirk. "I took Haze's Student List, and I narrowed it down. Oh - and don't tell her I took it, 'cause that'll make her more pissed with me than she already is."

Pursing her lips, Lena thought for a while. "Well, I hope you'll let me take your notes for you in class if you can't hear," she spoke, a kinder, softer smile making her eyes - which were still as midnight as they were in the summer - twinkle for just a split second.

Lena watched Anya look at the CD player curiously, and memories of her childhood came back to her. She remembered how, as a depressed five-year-old that had been recently deprived of her little sister, she had finally found the original version of the lullaby on one of her brother's MP3s and she did not stop listening to it for hours because Vanka's voice came to her so easily when that song was on, and at one point it was extremely comforting for her just to hear it. She sighed, smiling at the memory.

Just as the Uchitel was trying to answer Anya's question, her friend began asking more and more questions. She tried to open her mouth again and again, but she found herself cut off as Anya asked more question. She didn't blame her friend, though; the Hrabrost had grown up with a Pureblood family who truly detested Muggles, while Lena grew up in a class full of them. "It turned on because of this switch," Lena replied, pointing to one on the wall, "and that is caused by an electrical charge or another. I don't know how it charges except it takes quite a long time to do so, and electrons have something to do with it." Well, Lena had never paid much attention in Muggle science, and even if she had this was all advanced stuff she wouldn't know. "Yes, you need a cable to charge a CD player. I know Benjamin Franklin invented electricity, but I don't know who invented the CD player or the switch." Ironically, Vanka would be of much use in this situation than she was.

Lena shook her head. "No. Haven't pulled any as of yet, but I'll get my minions to pull some off for me," she tittered, uttering the last few words with a wink. "And plus, I'm not sure if this should be called a prank. It should be called a hurtful joke. And he deserves it anyway, for what he did to us."

A tear left Lena's eye. She nodded, finally admitting it to herself. For four whole months she tried to assure herself that she was better than crying in the corner, when really, that was all she was doing. "H-He's here, Anya," she whispered, "I saw him... I saw him just last night..." She didn't want to say anymore. "Charles will come, but he'll come next year, so we don't have to worry."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Anya groaned loudly when Lena told her bout taking the student list for Hazelle, "I should have expected this from you. Why didn't I think about this before? And taking a girl that's made you already lists to top it all off for something as dumb as knowing who I like?" She laughed though, finding the situation funny, "Merlin, what will I do with you?"

"Why is she mad at you again?" Anya asked.

She smiled at Le and shook her head playfully as Le offered to take Anya's note if she turned deaf, "I would be honored if you took my notes!"

Anya watched with intensity and admiration as she watched Lena teach her how to work a CD Player. Once Lena finished explaining she grinned and grabbed it once more in order to buy it.

"Benjamin Franklin invented electricity," Anya repeated, as if she wanted the name to stick to her mind. "He sounds oddly familiar..." She shrugged and smiled at her friend, "Thanks for putting up with my questions. Don't think anyone could have handled that as eloquently as you did."

"Now!" Anya grinned as she grabbed the CD that was the same as Lena's, "Where do I put this contraption in?"

She laughed, "Since when do you have minions? Are who are they? Maybe they can do some of my doings?" She joked about it but she would never actually ask other people to do her dirty work - well, not that she currently had any. But if she did, she would love to take it into her own hands and make sure that person goes to hell by with own hands.

"What kind of hurtful joke?" Anya asked as she leaned in curiously, a small smirk crossing her features.

"Oh darling!" Anya cooed as she embraced Le into another hug as she let her friend cry onto her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay, it doesn't mean you have to see him. The first thing we'll do when we're in the castle is find the kitchens, okay? Instead of going to the Great Hall for food, we'll go there, okay?"

"Charles won't be here for an entire year, okay Le? You won't see him in the halls, in the classrooms, in Azorat or anywhere for the matter while you're here," Anya concluded. "You can forget about him for an entire school year like he never existed, no matter how hard that sounds."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 am

Lena shook her head and rolled her eyes at Anya's rant until she heard Anya release a small laugh, and she began to laugh too, a little lightly. "Dear, dear Anyaschka," Lena said as she chuckled, "of course I have to do my research. How else am I going to find out if I approve of him or not?" Her laughter stopped when Anya asked her about Haze. "Oh... Haze and I. We argued, that's all," she began, trying not to give any hint of her anger. "We had a fight about... well, we had a fight about Rhys. That is all." She stopped there, because she didn't want Anya to start interrogating her, even though that might happen anyway.

Lena's lips turned into a mischievous smirk, "Anything for my best friend." And she had meant those words. Anya was the only best friend she had that didn't want her dead in any way now.

Nodding, Lena decided to further explain who Benjamin Franklin was. "Well, he should be. He's one of the Founding Fathers of the United States," she elaborated, putting the CD into the player for Anya and she gently passed the headphones over to her friend. "No worries," smiled the blonde, "I like explaining stuff to people. As someone once said, 'If a scientist can't explain what he's doing to an eight-year-old, he is a charlitan.'"

Raising an eyebrow, the blonde Uchitel looked skeptically at her friend. "You don't know them?" she asked, "there's Kieran, and all of his friends... well, I'm not going to give them away, because they'll get into big trouble if I tell you who they are." She smirked, effectively hiding any sign of her trying to hide anything, or so she hoped.

"Oh..." Lena began, "I don't know... maybe something simple like, breaking his heart?" She winked at her friend. "Cruel, I know, but he deserves it."

The Uchitel practically leaped into Anya's arms and let her friend hold her. "You're such a good friend, you know?" she whispered into her friend's ear. She then nodded vigorously at the thought of going to the kitchens for food. "Are the kitchens as good as the one in Durmstrang, though?"

Lena smiled kindly. "That will be good, if he and I aren't friends. But we are." She crossed her arms for a second, until a thought came into her head and poked the CD player. "Come on, Anya! Let's listen to the songs, shall we?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 am

"Well, I would like for you to approve of him the day I introduce you to him," Anya laughed lightly. "But I guess it's to late for that, huh Lenster?"

"Oh," she said as she nodded in understanding, not pushing it any further.

"Founding Fathers of the United States," Anya repeated, making sure it was stuck to her head. "Uhm, there are.... five, right? I should probably pick up a book that talks about muggle America soon then, if I'm wrong. So much to learn about muggles!"

"Oh so now I'm an eight year old?" She joked as she chuckled and grabbed the headphones her friend gave her. She looked at them oddly and looked back up at Le, "How do these work?"

"Oh, those minions," Anya laughed. "Should have known you would have recruited Kieran and his friends," she shook her head playfully.

"You know, under different circumstances I would be completely against it," Anya said truthfully. "But I don't like him so I'm going to cheer you on with this. Just... just be careful okay Le?"

Anya smiled as Lena hugged her back and complimented her. She grinned, knowing these didn't come often, "Well, I'm not your best friend for nothing, now am I?"

"And yes, I'm sure the Hogwarts kitchens are better than Durmstrang's or well, so I've heard," she laughed.

"And trying to construct that relationship since the beginning is what's best," Anya offered her advice.

Anya looked down at the CD player Le poked and nodded, "oh yes! I've got to go see if this band of yours breaks my lovely ears!"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 am

"You don't have to worry, Anya. I do approve of him. He is rater clueless at times it's an actual crime, but other than that, yes, I do approve of him," she concluded, her lips pulling into a kind smile.

Lena shrugged her shoulders. "I don't remember," she muttered quietly as she stared at the floor, and she looked up and chuckled at Anya's words. "Well, think of Muggles as people who live without magic, Floo Powder, and a lotta other things." Growing up around Muggles, Lena had never felt the need of learning about them, since she knew quite a lot about them anyway. Still, Lena sometimes wondered in the hours of the night what would happen if she was a Muggle who went to a Muggle school and did Muggle things.

"Sorry, I can't hear you!" Lena announced in a panicking tone, but she chuckled quickly afterwards to show that she didn't really mean it. She then whispered to her friend, "Just be patient! I'll turn them on for you soon, I promise. Let's just finish talking, first."

Smirking, Lena agreed with her friend by nodding in assent. "Whoever said I wasn't going to be careful?" she asked, rolling her eyes, "I mean, I'm not the one going on a date with him, now am I?" She laughed emptily, just to show her resentment against the boy who indirectly ruined her sanity.

Lena chuckled, "Well... no, you're not. You're my best friend because: a) you can handle my sanity; b) I love you; and c) I love you." She then raised an eyebrow. "Uhuh. And you got this from personal experience?" she asked, tilting her head to one side. "Alex says they're alright, but Durmstrang still has better food, and don't ask how he knows this, 'cause I don't know either.

"The beginning?" Lena echoed, her eyes darkening slightly, "dammit, Anya. Don't you remember that I fell in love with him at first sight and we practically dated from day one? So for us, there is no beginning." She shook her head. "Maybe that's why we failed," she sighed, mostly talking to herself, "we went too fast. And waaay too fast by the look of it."

Reluctantly, Lena entered the CD into the CD player, and she quickly pressed the button so it was going to the track she had wanted to play. When she had finally reached it, she sat back and turned the volume of the speakers down a little bit so the impact won't be as hard as it usually is.

the song lena plays
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 pm

"Thanks Lena," Anya smiled. "It means a lot that you approve and you can't take that approval back," She then joked.

"What did you guys talk about, anyways?" She asked curiously.

Anya frowned, "That's the sad part. I can't and that's why I'm so intrigued by everything they do. Like how is it that they get this big flying contraptions to fly? Or these things with four wheels, cars I think, to start without a power outlet!"

"Okay," Anya pouted jokingly. "I'll just shut up now."

"So you contracted someone else to break his heart?" Anya said in surprise. "Thought you would have gone on the date with him and make sure you break his heart directly but good job on covering your tracks. Could have mistaken you for a Hitrost for a moment there." She joked.

"I think you forgot to add that you love me and that I'm really, really awesome," Anya grinned. "Just saying. You might have forgotten," she shrugged.

"I said I heard," Anya repeated. "Not personal experience but I'm sure we'll gain some there and from what I've learned from you is to never question Alex so I just won't question both of you," she chuckled.

"Well there you go," she said, ignoring her friends dark tone. "You could say it's time you make up for that time you just jumped into things. But yes, way too fast. Like I told Lora that she was thinking way too fast in getting married out of Durmstrang."

Anya looked at Lena curiously, making mental notes of what to touch and what not to for when she bought her own.

Her first reaction to the song was to jump slightly at how loud the music was. This would definitely kill my ears, she thought with a faint smile. She listened to the lyrics carefully even though it was kind of hard to decipher some of it and frowned slightly. She could see how Lena could connect to the lyrics and could see why she chose this song. Anya didn't voice her thoughts at the moment though.

Overall, she somewhat enjoyed the song. It wasn't something she would hear often but something she would hear when she was angry. She even found herself nodding along with the song. Once it was done she took a few seconds to recollect her thoughts and she smiled.

"It.... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," she said. "I actually kind of... liked it."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:43 am

Lena only laughed. "I approve under one and only one condition: that he doesn't break your heart," she mused, "if he does, I will smash him to smithereens, like it or not." She pressed a finger to her lips when Anya asked her what they talked about. "Nothing of your interest," she chuckled, and she left it at that.

Lena opened her mouth, "Honey, that's a plane. And if you fly in one of them it takes absolute ages to get from one place to another." She shuddered at the thought of the time she flew in a plane from Finland to her hometown in Germany; it seemed like an eternity. "Cars are alright, but they pollute the world; they run on a black liquid called oil and they release all sorts of gases into the air. That just sucks."

Laughing, the Uchitel shook her head at Anya's statement. "Well, for one, I didn't pay anyone to break his heart. I know for a fact that half these girls are insane and they can't talk straight or whatever," she began, "and two, I would never go on the date with him; you, Lora, Kait, Dyl, Fro, and countless other people would kill me if I did. And three, the Sorting did consider putting me into Hitrost but I turned it down." She smiled afterwards to show it was a good thing.

The Uchitel pouted. "I said I love you like, twice!" the Uchitel pouted, though it wasn't a real pout. "And I know you're awesome, hun. That goes without saying.

"Well, you know what they say!" Lena proclaimed ecstatically, "always listen to the Vorstenbach. They're never wrong - or are they?" She laughed lightly at her statement, though it was halfway true.

Distracted, Lena raised an eyebrow. "Lora wants to marry after Durmstrang?" she whispered, trying to keep prying ears away from their conversation. "She and Dylan are perfect, I know, but y'know I don't want them to crumble just because she got married."

The Uchitel only smiled when she could hear Anya talk. Thankfully, she had lowered the speakers just enough so Anya can hear the full impact of the song yet still be able to hear afterwards. "Now, do you want to listen to this?" Lena asked, gesturing to Anya's CD.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:43 am

"Nothing of my interest?" Anya said she crossed her arms, looked at Lena as she tried to bite her finger for having it on her lips. "I believe it is considering you've went behind my back to find out who I liked."

"Slower than riding on a firebolt from Finland to Germany?" She asked curiously. More to herself though. "Not that I've never done that," she added.

"Pollution," she frowned. "So I guess not all muggle things are good, are they? Do they know that they're doing bad things to their world? Aren't they doing anything to make it better?" She asked worriedly.

"True and true," Anya agreed with both of her statements. "I probably would strangle you to death too," she added jokingly. "And make him go through a slow, painful death."

"Didn't know you were almost put into Hitrost," she mumbled. "I should have been sorted there due to fact that my dad and his family are in that one. Andrew is in Hitrost as well and I think Mikayla was sorted into Hitrost too," she frowned slightly about mentioning her family.

"Well you could have said it four times!" She laughed loudly. "And I know that," she rolled her eyes, pretending to be cocky. "And you're awesome too, I mean, if you weren't, I would have ditched you long ago."

"I thought they said they were a crazy lot," she joked. "But they must be doing something right because they do seem to be right ninety-nine percent of the time!"

Anya frowned as she turned to look at other CD's that were in the q-z section, "That's what I gathered from what she told me and I most definitely don't want her to get married so soon after Durmstrang. I mean, there is so much one has to accomplish before that happens, in my opinion. But whatever she chooses, I'll be happy for her, I won't go against her but I will share my thoughts. But you know, they have two more years to go. Things might happen." She shrugged.

She looked down at the CD when Lena mentioned in, "Uhm maybe later. What other bands are similar to the one you just introduced me too?"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:03 am

Lena smirked. "Didn't Yefrem tell you anything?" she asked in an exaggerated questioning tone. She lilted her head towards one side, biting her lip because she didn't want to tell Anya it was her idea to get Yefrem to meet Anya over the summer, because it might make Yefrem look less... perfect for Anya.

"Way, waaaay slower," Lena replied, firmly nodding. "It takes literal hours... like, you know, more than sixty minutes." She chuckled. "You're not the sort of person who can ride the broomstick the entire way from Finland to Germany, but neither am I; you know I hate broomsticks."

Almost enthusiastically, Lena shook her head no. "Of course they know!" she replied, almost yelling, "but like with most things, they choose not to give a damn. Or they do, but they don't really do much about it." She crossed her arms at the thought, disdain apparent on her face.

The Uchitel raised an eyebrow and chuckled lightly; she had never heard Anya sound so murderous. "Remember to do it with gloves, Anya!" she mock reminded, wagging her finger.

Lena smiled sympathetically; she knew Anya didn't like to talk about her family much. Neither did she, so she didn't particularly feel offended. "Well... Dad was a Hitrost, Mum was an Uchitel," she whispered, counting them with her fingers, "Alex was a Slytherin, Heidi was a Slushatel, Vanka... well, she never had the chance to be sorted, but I bet my buttons if she was, she'd be a Hrabrost." She sighed and she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear, nostalgia filling her lungs.

"Or forty-four," Lena laughed. She then gasped - though it was a bogus one, of course - at Anya's words. "You wouldn't dare!" she half-shrieked, her tone aghast. She then grinned, "And that is why I'm glad I'm awesome."

The Uchitel did a small curtsy before looking up at her friend and nodding. "Indeed we are," she chuckled.

Lena pursed her lips. "I'm never going to get married, I don't think," she sighed, scanning the nearby records for CDs she liked. At last, she found Rammstein, a CD she didn't have, and chose to take it along with her as well. "I want to me Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. After I become Prefect, then Head Girl," Lena elaborated, a sigh leaving her lips, "I agree, Anya. There is so much to accomplish, isn't there? Sometimes, though, some people don't get married at all." The Uchitel chuckled. "Alora Veer? Yeah. It sounds nice, doesn't it?" She began to fiddle with her necklace, the one she had been planning to throw away.

"I don't know," Lena sighed, pursing her lips. She then gave Anya the Rammstein CD she had gotten. "Perhaps... this?" she asked, her tone obviously hesitant.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:18 am

"Uhm, no?" Anya said slowly and glared at Lena slightly. "What did you talk about? Tell me cause I'm getting impatient in here," she said.

"Oh," she said. "I still might try it someday thought because I've never actually been in one and true, I'm not that kind of person. It kinda hurts after a while. I don't know how Quidditch players do that."

"I'm sure not all muggles are like that," Anya defended. "Maybe those who want to help out don't have the galleons and sickles to help out with the cause! After all, mostly everything costs money now a days!"

"Mom was in Slytherin too," Anya frowned. "I think it's Hitrost's equivalent, is it not?"

She saw Lena frown and gave her a sympathetic smile, "Hey, I'm sure Vanka would have been in Hrabrost too and she would have done great."

"Of course I would," Anya playfully scoffed. "I wouldn't be caught dead with some crazy loser! It would so hurt my reputation."

She laughed, "This is why I'm glad you're awesome too."

"Her Royal Highness, Lena Marie Johanna Vorstenbach, the Queen of Durmstrang," Anya knew it wasn't related to anything they were talking about but once Le had curtsied, she couldn't help herself and mocked an introduction of a Queen.

"I think you'll find that one person that you might connect with and marry him," Anya said and mentally added, Or reconnect with.

"Yeah," Anya added thoughtfully. "I want to be the Minister of Russia, like I've told you before and I'm making sure that I accomplish that before I get married or get to a position where I'm so close to obtaining it. But I would never marry before that."

"Alora Veer does fit well," she said. "Lora better add me as a bridesmaid or I will throw a bitch fit." Anya surprised herself for cussing but shrugged it off, seeing it as nothing. After all, she never cussed.

"Head Girl?" Anya said with interest and a small smirk. "I suppose we'll have to battle for that position, now won't we?"

"What's with the necklace?" the Hrabrost asked her Uchitel friend, "I've seen it on you for a while now but I've never had the chance to ask you what it's about."

"Rammstein," Anya read the title as it was a foreign language. "Muggle's make up the strangest band names ever," she said as she opened the case and placed it on the CD player she had gotten. "What soundtrack?" She then asked Lena.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Lena sighed, fiddling with her fingers. She hated holding these things back from Anya, so she really had no choice but to tell her best friend about it. She then leaned into Anya's ear and whispered kindly, "Well, we talk about you, mostly. And I told him to send you an owl." She then susurrated very slowly, "Don't. You. Dare. Tell. Him."

For a moment, the Uchitel considered asking Anya if she'd like to go to Vegas with her and Haze over the summer, but she immediately rejected the idea, the main reason being that Haze disliked Anya for some strange reason. "I don't know how Quidditch players do it either. Hey, let's ask someone who plays Quidditch!" she acclaimed.

"I thought Muggles had dollars and renminbis and ringgits and euros," Lena frowned, though she knew what Anya meant, "anyway, I know that. It sucks that all the good people and the not corrupt people seem to be dirt poor." She sighed, rubbing her temples. "I have more than enough money from my share of the Vorstenbach fortune Father gave to Alex - which seems to be practically all of it - to finance an environmental campaign."

The Uchitel nodded. "Yeah, Slytherin is like Hitrost - but softer," she replied quietly. She then smiled at her friend. "I know she would," she replied, and she looked up at the ceiling. "I know she's doing a great job up there too, kicking Leon's ass."

Lena chuckled. "Queen of Uchitel; Queen of Durmstrang is too much work!" she complained, and in turn she curtsied towards Anya. "All hail Anastasia Marie Telsa - Queen of Hrabrost!" she laughed, "hey - I just realized both our middle names are Marie! Cool, huh?" She grinned.

"But Anya," she whispered, her eyes pleading at her friend, "what if I found that one person and I lost him?" She sighed, fiddling with her necklace. "I mean... let's face it, Anya. I love him. I loved him ever since I saw him in that stupid section of the library." She clutched the pendant. "I just had to grow up enough to not be scared of what I felt."

Lena almost objected, because she knew that it took a long time to be Minister of Magic. "You mean you're going to wait until you're fifty?" she asked, and stuck out her tongue to show she was joking. "Nah, but... what if..." She paused. She didn't want to think about the 'what ifs' now; they were real joy killers.

After wiping her hand across her sweaty forehead, the Uchitel laughed. "It's not much fun, Anya, being a bridesmaid. Trust me." She shook her head, but couldn't help bursting into laughter. "Oh Merlin. Don't throw a bitch fit, please."

Lena smirked. "Of course we will, Anyaschka, but we can't let that destroy our friendship." She sighed. "Remember Natalya Balanchine and Alexia Gagarina in second year? We don't want that to happen to us."

Staring at her necklace, Lena sighed. "I got it when I was twelve," she began, thinking of that summer. It was the first summer that she had met Patricia. The day she had gotten that necklace, it was a warm day. Not too hot, not too cold. She and her sister-in-law had been walking in town for the first time alone, and they had picked it out together. And that was precisely what she had told Anya. "That was how we became close," she concluded, "over a stupid necklace bearing the first two letters of my name on it." She failed to add that they also stood for initials.

"That stupid name happens to mean 'ramming stone,'" Lena began, "or at least it does in German." She glanced at the cover of the CD. "Herzeleid," she whispered, clutching the CD and firmly hugging it. It meant 'heartache' in English. How appropriate that was.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 am

Anya stared at Lena dumbfounded for a minute, "Is that it? I thought it would be something a lot worse!" She sighed, "Geez, I thought you had told him something that would scare him away from me or something."

"But I won't," she rolled her eyes as she promised.

"Sure, who do we know plays Quidditch?" Anya then asked, thinking for a moment.

"I don't know," she frowned. "I d-don't know much about the muggle money system and what type they have...."

"They do?" The Hrabrost frowned once more, "I wish there was a way I could help but I don't have money. I really don't have money at all, really. I had to spend the last of it for a new wand." Anya held up her new one, looking at it with a slight smile and shrugged.

"I'm sure no Slytherin could go against a Hitrost," she smirked. "Did we have a Hitrost transfers, I can't seem to recall. Either way, I'd love to see them go against each other and see our school prevail."

"If you're not the Queen of Durmstrang, who would it be?" She laughed, "Someone lame who can't be as cool as you are? Nah. I'd rather you be the Queen of both."

"Shh! You can't say I'm the Queen of Hrabrost!" She joked as she pretended to look around and stuck her tongue out, "Kait just might hear you and go berserk or something!" She laughed loudly.

"Oh hey! That's true!" She gasped. "Well then, how are you today Marie?" She joked.

Frowning and listening, she pulled Lena in for a hug, "Hey, look at me. I think that both of you are going to be together again. Don't ask me how or when but I just know it. Take it a step at a time, okay? Don't rush into things and just let it be."

"Well, okay, you're right, that's a bit to far, yeah?" She laughed, "I don't think I would wait until I'm 50 for marriage. But what if what?"

"But it would be fun to help out Lora!" Anya grinned, "I've never really been part of a wedding so I would love to see what preparing one would be like! And picking out dresses and being all girly around each other. I mean, if you look at our circle of friends, we're not really girly, now are we? It'd be a nice change!"

"I promise you, in the name of Merlin that I will throw a bitch fit if you decide to bail out," She glared at her friend.

"It's clearly not stupid for you," Anya said with a small smile.

She listened to the track carefully and made a face, taking it out, "I'm not to fond of this one...."

ooc: sorry for the very crappy post. i'm so tired.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Lena raised an eyebrow when Anya had expressed to her how worried she was, and she was trying her best to suppress her laughter. "Honestly, Anya," she exclaimed. She eventually succumbed to the temptation to burst into a howl of laughter and immediately did so. "I'm your best friend!" she announced, trying to regain her breath with every laugh so she could talk straight, "I'm supposed to make you happy, and be there for you when you need me. Why would I take your happiness away by luring Yefrem away from you?"

The Uchitel pursed her lips, sighing. "Well... Rhys plays Quidditch, doesn't he?" she whispered, her voice almost as quiet as mouse, and she shook her head to shrug that comment off. "I know for sure Alex plays Quidditch... Patricia plays but she's absolute crap at it... Heidi used to play but who can depend on her to do anything nowadays?" she added, counting them off in her head, "maybe Yefrem plays Quidditch? Yeah. Why don't you owl him about that?" She asked, her irises growing bigger by the second.

In an attempt to, Lena explained the basics of Muggle to Magic currency to her best friend. "I know that one Galleon is like, five pounds," she began, "and one pound is like, one point two Euros... and, um, a dollar is like, a Euro and a half, and um... oh, I give up." She crossed her arms together, sighing heavily. "Muggle currency is confusing even for Muggles, though, so don't worry," she added in an empathetic tone, smiling sadly at the Hrabrost as she patted her shoulder with one hand.

"I suppose so," Lena replied in response to Anya's question. She blinked as Anya spoke, and only stared in shock at Anya's new wand. "What on earth are your parents trying to do to you?" she asked. "Kill you? Make you die of starvation? I mean... at least Father and Mother has the sense to keep me alive." She sighed, "They have a reason, though." She blinked, and a mirage of Vanka appeared right next to Anya for a brief moment - the apparition of the young girl winking at her, which made Lena try not to laugh - before disappearing again the moment Lena blinked a second time. "You can loan off me as much as you want until we get out of school and not have to pay anything back. I mean it."

Lena shrugged her shoulders, but she couldn't help but let a smirk be displayed across her face. "I do not think Slytherins would stand a chance against the Hitrosts," she agreed, "except for maybe, Alex. And Alex is a softie." She pursed her lips. "I think... Xavia Wolf is transferred? Haze's student list says so. And a Katie Riley person? I've never heard of them being in any fights... Merlin, I hope they're not softies." She shuddered. "Anyways, we better win. I mean, we Durmies are way sexier!" She jutted her hips out to one side, put her hand on it, and the other hand resting on her chin.

The blonde couldn't resist shaking her head fiercely at Anya's suggestion of someone else being the ruler of Durmstrang. "On second thought... yeah, I shall be queen!" she proclaimed, "once Nia and those bitches are out, I will rule Durmstrang with an iron fist! Mwahaha!" She then coughed for a brief second. "Excuse me..." She then raised an eyebrow skeptically at her friend. "Haven't you heard of such a thing as joint queens, Anyaschka?" she asked, shaking her head. "And plus... I doubt she'll be very offended; we're all friends here, aren't we?" she laughed, mostly at Anya's facial expression.

"I'm fine, Marie," Lena mock replied, she then turned to one side as if she was talking to another person, "are you doing fine, Marie? I bet you are. I'm fine because I've been hanging out with my best friend Marie today. Do you know Marie is amazing? That's why Marie and I hang out together. It was fun, wasn't it?" She burst into more peals of laughter, holding her chest where her lungs happened to be.

Feeling herself being pulled into a hug, Lena had no objection in letting her friend do so. She clung onto her, and whispered, "I know, Anya, I know. Which is why I'm letting him do all the moves he wants to. I don't care; I'm going to watch and see what he does - if he does anything, of course. Of course, there might be some people who happen to want to see us together... but what would they do?" She shook her head.

Lena's face fell into an expression that screamed not happy, upset, even. She stared at the floor, trying to avoid Anya's gaze. "Nothing," she mumbled. She got the courage to look up at her. "It's nothing, Anya," she smiled, sadly, "really." Merlin hoped Anya believed her; Lena was a real joykiller at times what with her often wide range of thought.

The Uchitel's eyes widened when Anya mentioned the word 'girly'. She had to stop herself from gasping for air because the sheer thought of it was ridiculously preposterous for her. "Girly time?" she echoed, her tone showing obvious disbelief, "now you're just making me want to bail out more out Lora's wedding in twenty years, Anya. Way to go on that part." She then smirked. "I know it's mean of me to say this, but I really, really wanna see you have a bitch fit. I bet you're going to have so, so much fun!" She chuckled quietly.

Lena shook her head. "No, it isn't," she agreed, though she had made that pact ages ago. she sighed, continuing to fiddle with the necklace. "And to think I thought about throwing this away. Unbelievable, huh?" To be frank, she was going to throw it away soon enough, but she wasn't going to tell Anya that.

"It's my lullaby from when I was around two years old," Lena explained, her tone dreamy with lost memories, "that's why I love it so much." A tear rolled down her cheek, and she began to hum the first notes of the song before sighing, "I wish I had a guitar with me." She then wondered if Anya knew that she knew how to play the guitar. Even though they were best friends since they were eleven, they still didn't know everything about each other.

(ooc: you did no crime. you gave me muse, so you are forgiven.)
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Anya chuckled at Lena's laughter, "I know you're my best friend, I just thought you might have told him something embarrassing like that time I tripped down the stairs because I saw a rodent or something! I don't know!" Shaking her head, still laughing, Anya told her friend that she more embarrassing stories she could tell. "I know you want me to be happy but you could scare him away with how weird I am or something," she laughed self-consciously.

"Maybe I'll ask uhm, someone from the Hogwarts Quidditch team," Anya said slowly, trying not to bring up Rhys into the conversation once more. "I'm sure they'll know a little more than we do." She rolled her eyes as she suggested Yefrem, knowing what kind of idea was going through her mind. Switching her gaze to the CD rack once more, she noticed a classical album of her favorite composer: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Anya smiled when she noticed it was the Nutcracker and took the CD.

"I guess it's kind of confusing," Anya said, always having problems with with arithmancy in general. "I remember reading one of those muggle books, the ones with the word dummies. They should make one called 'Muggles for Dummies.' I would buy it and I think I would learn so much about stuff I don't know." She rolled her eyes at herself. She thought she sounded so stupid but it was the truth to her.

"They're funding my trip here," Anya cleared. "Which is odd in itself because they have never done something like that before. There's a small amount of allowance every week but it's just odd." Frowning, she looked down at the CD case, avoiding Lena's gaze, "They've stopped the torture," she confessed, "And they're being nicer, somewhat." She looked up at her friend, "I think they're planning something, I just can't figure out what it is." She remembered William, the family friend whom she had met up with days prior and recalled their conversation about arranged marriages. Anya didn't mention him to Lena though. The Hrabrost wasn't too sure how Lena would feel about meeting an old family friend.

"I think they might be planning an arranged marriage," she muttered, still looking at the case as if it were the most interesting thing int he world. "I'm not one hundred percent sure but I think they are. I think that's why they're being nice. They don't know about Yefrem so they might have it in their mind that being nice to me just might get me to lenient to whatever plans they have for me."

Anya laughed at Lena's pose and rolled her eye, "I've never met them before but much like most of the drama that goes on inside the houses, it stays in the houses. Not many of them like to tell the school about their drama. I mean, look how dark our school can be," she said.

This time, the 14 year old burst out laughing when Lena coughed after her 'evil laughter'. She dropped one of her CD's and almost toppled over from how hard she was laughing. After a few seconds, she stopped, letting her breath catch up. "I"m so, haha, I'm sorry," she apologized, "Did-di-haha, didn't mean t-to, to- haha, to laugh th-this hard."

Anya smiled, "Joint ruling sounds awesome and everything but I don't think I think I'd like my own kingdom, thank you very much. Besides, such a thing could ruin our friendship. I love you but I think I would like ruling next to you, we can be a tad bit different on what we like. And yes, we all are friends."

"I'm doing quite swell Marie," Anya grinned. "You too?! I have a best friend named Marie too! What a coincidence! Maybe you've seen her around the Uchitel common room, oh wait, did I tell you she is in Uchitel? Well, you won't see her around there because she transferred to Hogwarts for the year. Perhaps you'll see her around the exchange house or something. I'm sure both of you would get along quite well!"

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourself," Anya whispered into Le's ear. "There are not some people, all of our friends and I swear, even some adults and professors want to see you and Rhys together."

Anya looked at Lena sternly, noticing her facial expression change into a desperate sad one, and frowned when she wouldn't look at her. Sighing, she let her hands fall onto her side. "I know you," Anya said. "I know you so much that I know something is wrong when you don't look at me directly in the eye and tell me what you have to say." Looking away, she quietly added, "And if you want to talk about it right now, then we can but if you still need a little bit more time, then we're going to be living the same place so you can find me any time you want." She laughed half-heartily.

"Oh come on, girly time wouldn't be that bad!" Anya whined, "It will be fun! I mean, it's not going to be girly-girly, it'll be our kind of girly, okay? Come on, don't bail out! And besides, even if you did, Lora would murder you for not being a bridesmaid at her wedding. Do you really want to go against Lora, especially if she's in a bridezilla mode?"

"It's really beautiful and it looks good on you," Anya smiled honestly. "I don't think it'd be a wise decision to throw away something that looks good on you!"

"Oh," Anya nodded, slightly confused. She would have never thought a metal-sounding band would be someones lullaby. Then again, Lena's family was a lot normal than Anya's parents.

"Didn't know you had a guitar," she said. But ideas for a Christmas present, because she already had her half-birthday present, started to brew in her head.

ooc: gahh, this is so long.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Lena blinked at her best friend as she spoke. She needed to laugh again at her because the notions were so ludicrous. Eventually, though, she did chuckle, but after a seemingly short second she stopped and crossed her arms, tilting her head to the side and raising her eyebrow in disbelief. Her expression was firm, almost as if she was scolding a child, but a glint in her eyes show that she was merely joking. "Anya," she lectured, "it is your choice whether you want to tell Yefrem about your childish stories or not and embarrass yourself. I am not going to ruin that choice for you." She then relaxed her pose a little bit. "And besides, if Yefrem really likes you, he's going to find those childish experiences amusing, not stupid. Trust me; I've been through this, but I'm sure you know that.

"I would agree with you, but do you even know if Hogwarts has a Quidditch team anymore? Or even if there is, do we know anyone in it?" she asked continuously, only out of habit; being a child in a more than hostile environment as a child which meant she often knew nothing about her parents' activities, that made her naturally curious. "Sorry." Lena's eyebrows raised as her lips tugged into a smirk. "Oh, come on!" she whined, "wouldn't that be - " Her eyes then moved to the CD Anya happened to be holding, and she began to jump on the spot like a mad thing. "Oh Merlin, Anya!" she grinned, gasping at the CD. "Can I have another copy too, please?

"Oh Merlin, yes!" the Uchitel agreed, nodding enthusiastically, "why on earth haven't they thought of that?" She then realized she was speaking a little to loud when she found a few faces around the corner staring at her loudness before some of them pressed their fingers to their lips, an obvious gesture to the blonde that meant 'be quiet'. She rolled her eyes, ignoring their stares before turning back to Anya. "Well, I'd agree, but Muggles don't know what Muggles are, don't they?" she questioned.

Lena, for once, had nothing to say to that, and those were rare occasions, her being speechless. She rubbed Anya's shoulder for a couple of seconds before gently massaging it in an attempt to soothe her. "Well, I wish I could say I knew what your parents are up to something and I know exactly what they're planning and I know how to stop them, but because I'm not exactly the most optimistic, snarky, or spying sort of person, I'm not," she replied, "I also wish I can say you can ignore it, but you can't. These are your parents we're talking about. I can say, however, it's good they've stopped the torture, and Merlin hope that they will keep that up." Even though Lena's own parents hated her, she couldn't imagine any of them torturing her or her siblings.

"No," Lena gasped, her eyes widening in shock. "T-They can't... they can't do that to you. You deserve all right there is in the world to do whatever you want with your romantic feelings; they can't force that on you." She then swallowed, as if it was the most difficult thing the human body was designed to do. "And I shouldn't be saying that, out of all people," she sighed, fiddling with her thumbs, "no one knows, but over the summer... I wrote a letter to my mother saying that she can marry me off to a suitor as long I got my choice in who it was. Then I realized... I still loved him. And by breaking his heart, I'm breaking mine as well." She blinked back tears. "Thank goodness I had the sense to not send the letter."

Lena sighed, resting her hand on her chin, and her elbow on her other arm. "The darkness of our school, it's scary sometimes," she agreed, "do you know how much teenage drama we have to cause before it evens out the darkness of the damn place?" She shakes her head. "I wonder what made our school so dark, anyway." She stifled a laugh. "And to think Uchitel's History Freak - who has probably read every history book in Durmstrang's library - doesn't know the answer to that question."

The Uchitel stared blankly at Anya's laughter, her eyebrow arched in an attempt to comprehend exactly how she had behaved to make the Hrabrost chuckle. After staring at Anya for what seemed like an eternity, she too couldn't help but end up in a huge collapse of laughter. "Oh-oh my God!" she panted, trying to keep her breath straight so she could create a coherent sentence, "d-dammit, Anyaschka! Don't you know how contagious laughter is? And how it can kill you?" She didn't mean the last statement though; she knew laughter can't really kill anyone.

"Yeah... I'd turn the kingdom into three sections named: Vorstenbach, Vartiainen aaand - well, I can't think of a third one," Lena continued. In actual fact, she had thought of a third one, but she definitely didn't want to tell Anya its name. "And... okay, what would you do with your kingdom? I know mine will be bloody amazing, and if I hate you, get the hell outta there." She winked, and nodded seriously at Anya's statement. "Of course we're all friends. What are we? The Death Eaters?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She broke into a huge fit of laughter after that.

"No way!" Lena gasped, "my Marie? She's in Hrabrost. She has long brown hair and she is kinda tall..." The Uchitel tried to compare hers and Anya's heights, but failed o do so particularly because of the shoes they were wearing. "Even though she's usually in the library reading books, I haven't seen her there this year. Maybe she's gone to Hogwarts too! Perhaps you'll see her in the gardens, or maybe the library if you're lucky. What a crazy coincidence, eh?" She then pretended to stroke her invisible beard like an old man would.

"What the - " Lena began, backing away from her best friend fearfully. She was paranoid now, her eyebrow raised, her eyes furiously blinking as they tried to forget Anya's last words. "How do the professors know about us?" she gasped, "don't they have lives to get to?" She then added quickly, "Well... Professor Bellamy once caught Rhys kissing my forehead in class..." She then blinked again. "Why do the professors care, anyway?" She buried her head in her hands, fake crying into her sleeves.

"Anya, it's not that I don't want to tell you... but I don't want to tell you, so I do don't want to tell you," she sighed, hugging herself at an attempt of self-reassurance. She kept staring at the floor, her foot shuffling. "It's just that... I should be being so pessimistic about everything that someone puts forward to me. I was thinking that... I don't know... I prefer not to think about it right now so you don't get mad." She leaped up into Anya's arms, clutching her tight as if it was the last time she would ever see her in her life. She then laughed too, but she put less effort in than Anya did, which made it come out sounding like a strange noise someone makes when they're dying than a laugh.

"I still don't like the idea of a girly time," Lena sighed, rolling her eyes as she tried not to laugh at Anya's whines. "You know my idea of girly time is us hunched over a Muggle telly watching romantic comedies like... eh... what's that movie again? Right. Enchanted. Not to go with Lora to go be bridesmaids at someone's wedding." She then raised both her eyebrows and made a motion that meant, 'come here.' "I'd love to see her try," she smirked, a mischievous look in her eye.

The blonde chuckled. "I know - a two-year-old running around listening to Rammstein in the mile of the night - not good," she chuckled, "but back then, Father wasn't bad. He would tell us a bedtime story and kiss us goodnight and make us breakfasts on Sunday." She stifled a laugh, trying to hide her disdain. "That makes me think that the only person he ever loved in this family was Vanka, which is odd, because even though he married Mother out of betrothal they were in love by the time they got married." She twiddled with her thumbs.

Lena's eyes widened when she realized exactly what she had told Anya, but it was time it came out, anyway. "I do," she admitted, though she wasn't very enthusiastic about it, "I suck, though. Charles has more skills with his violin than I ever did with my guitar." She then pretended to play the guitar without it being there - she had forgotten about the phrase 'air guitar' at the time and needed to label it - and sighed. "Dammit. I wish I had one."

(ooc: hope this isn't too overbearing.)
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:03 am

Anya rolled her eyes as Lena began her so-called serious speech but the smile on the burette’s face was still. So she can tell let Lena know that she had caught onto her joking nature at the moment. “Lena, I know you and you just might have hinted some stuff towards him that I might not have wanted him to know,” Anya said, pretended to be serious while mocking Lena’s voice and her crossed arms. “Something might have ‘accidently’ slipped out to Yefrem, now didn’t it?” Anya laughed lightly though, soon relaxing as well, “But I know what you mean. I was only joking and you are the expert on everything, smarty pants.”

The Hrabrost exchange student thought for a moment, “That’s true but I did met a girl on the train to Hogwarts named Angel and I believe she’s a seeker for the Slytherin team so when I see her again, I’ll remember to ask her when I get the chance!” The brunette’s face scrunched up in confusion, “Why are you sorry for?” Anya jumped at Lena’s sudden upbeat emotions, making her eyebrows raise highly, “Le, I don’t think you need to ask me for permission to buy the album.” She then laughed and shook her head at her best friend’s personality- which she indeed loved. She looked at the other CDs, easily finding another copy and handed it over to Lena, “Here you go, happy?” She joked.

Anya laughed rather loudly at Lena’s loudness but unlike her, Anya rolled her eyes towards those who were staring at her. It was something new she was starting to adapt from the people that were around her, which made her quite proud. “Well, they don’t know they are muggles but there are wizards that are muggle-borns, why don’t they create the books? I’m sure they’ll make a whole lot of money with that but of course; they’ll make enemies along the way. But who is going to care because they will have whole lot of money and can get body guards!”

Lena’s massage felt good against Anya’s shoulder, which soothed her slightly but not enough to get the feeling out of her head. It’d been bothering her for ages and now, no matter how much wanted, wished and begged for it to go away, it just wouldn’t. “You’re right. I should just focus on the positive, yeah? The fact that they’ve stopped the torture should be enough for me and the fact that I’m away from that dreadful home would be even better.”

“Yeah,” Anya said quietly. “I know they can’t but I think that’s why they’ve stopped.” She gave a hallow chuckle, “I mean, how else are you going to redeem your family’s name when your daughter has thrown it into the dumps? Kill her? Nah, that’d be too easy. Torture her? They’ve done that, it doesn’t hurt anymore. Marry her off to some stranger she doesn’t know and who’s family holds the same statues as they do? Yeah, sounds about right.” She was looking down at her CD the entire time. That little speech was more to herself than anyone else in the world because that was how she felt about it. “And besides, what suitor would want their future wife to be scared,” she mumbled once more as she rolled her eyes.

“You did what?” Anya’s eyes snapped open and she looked at Lena with a slight glare, this time, there was no glint in the Hrabrost’s eyes to show that she was joking. She was dead serious about this. “To even think that you wrote that letter and thought about sending it makes me disappointed and even angry in you Lena Marie Johanna Vorstenbach!” Anya’s voice raising from a mere whisper to a higher pitch every other word- something that would potentially end in making her scream. Something she never did when she had the choice. “To think that you have the chance to find someone else and you were this close to throw it away over one break up you had that wasn’t even your fault!?” Anya finished with a scream but her glossy eyes were evident and were hard to miss as a couple of tears fell from her eyes.

The Hrabrost inside of her was tired but surely enough had revealed itself as she shook her head, taking in deep breaths of air until she was back to normal. Looking up at her best friend, she glared at her but this time, the glint in her eyes held sadness and her voice was soft. “At least you have the chance to go out there and do something Lena,” she said. “I don’t care if you said were going to tell your mother that you had a choice among the suitors they choose. You had a choice to go out there into the world and find someone else. I don’t have that Le, I don’t. Why do you think I try so hard to not like Yefrem sometimes? Because I know that at the end of the road, one of us is going to get hurt badly.” By this time, Anya’s tears were falling carelessly down her cheeks and she didn’t bother on wiping them away.

“It is scary sometimes,” Anya said slowly. “But I’m glad the drama, even though I hate it immensely, it evens out the places because I don’t think Durmstrang would be a fit school for people like me.” The girl shrugged slightly, “What kind of world would we live in if we had no teenage drama going on? Very boring place, I can guarantee you. I don’t like being involved but I do like hearing the stories.” Anya shrugged once more, “Who knows. Maybe if we ask Rusnak, he’ll be able to give us a proper answer to the mystery.”

“Contagious?” the girl laughed, “do you want to know what word is contagious too? The word yawn.”And if it were on cue, Anya’s laugh died down for a moment for her to yawn. “See! Even by saying the word, you do it!” Her laughter then resumed again but was stopped the moment Lena mentioned the word die… but she began to laugh once more, “We-haha-well, I-I’d rath-hah-er die of laugh-hahahahaha-laughter because I’ll kn-hahha-know that I’m dy-ha-dying with happiness! But I apo-hahah-apologize th-th-thatat my laugh-hahah-laughter is beautifully con-con-contagious to your e-ears Lena!”

“Why Vartiainen?” Anya asked curiously. The girl thought carefully for a moment, wondering what she would do if she had her own kingdom. Remembering the conversation she had with William when she had said she wanted to be Minister of Magic one day, she smiled slightly. “Well, I know it sounds impossible but there would be no corruption at all! And equality. Equality would be a huge factor of what I would want in my kingdom!”

Anya shivered at the word Death Eaters, painfully remembering those names and what they did during the Second Wizardring War. Those times weren’t pretty at all- then again, these times aren’t either. Anya smiled slightly as she rolled her eyes towards her friends, “Sounds just like you: ‘I hate you, get the hell outta here.’”

The Hrabrost brunette laughed at how they got along. It was quite a coincidence that both their middle names were Marie. Shaking her head while laughing slightly, she resumed her serious face, placing a piece of her long hair under her nose and above her upper lip, pretending to have a mustache. “Yes, I do believe I have seen a striking young lass around the library. I do believe I’ve heard her talking about dying her hair to a black colour with colourful highlights.”

“Because you two make the cutest couple ever!” Anya laughed at Le’s reaction, “And I’m sure they’ve got lives to attend to, too but how can you forget your best couple around? Besides, like we said earlier, Durmstrang is full of drama and the entire school shook when the separation was confirmed. Even the upper years were surprised and some were even sad! I remember watching Melinda Yeats being depressed in the Hrabrost table because of it!”

“But why should you be pessimistic?” Anya asked her carefully, clearly ignoring the first part of the statement. “But too late for that, my dear friend.” She sighed loudly, unhappy with her firnds choice as she collected her thoughts in her own head and returned the Uchitel’s desperate hug, “Fine Lena. Fine. Don’t tell me but like I said, you’ll know where to find me if you want to talk.” She laughed a little more honestly at Lena’s laughter, “That reminded me of a dying hypogriff. Nice going Le.”

Anya rolled her eyes once more, “You’ll like it once you get into it!” The brunette face suddenly changed to a confused one, “The movie is the one with the moving pictures right? But what movie is that?” Laughing lightly, “Well you don’t have a choice Miss because Lora would probably have your head if you decide to skip out on her pre-wedding celebrations like dress shopping and shoe shopping and wine tasting and all that fancy stuff people do at weddings! I mean, it’s still years away but you might change your mind! For all we know, five years from now, it might be you who tries to convince me to go!”

“Well,” Anya said slowly, “At least your parents married out of love at some point and that you had a chance to have your parents show you some love. But it is wired at the fact that they let you hear such music at a young age.” She laughed jokingly, “At least we know why you came out to be so odd!”

The Hrabrost wasn’t too pleased to hear his name brought up in the conversation once more but decided it ignore it completely… somewhat. “I’m sure you’ve got more talent with your pinky than Charles does with his entire music career,” Anya rolled her eyes.

ooc: 1,661 words. thanks for killing me Rora! ):

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:26 pm