Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

A Drop In The Ocean

Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

A Drop In The Ocean Empty A Drop In The Ocean

Post by Kallie Patterson Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

The room was quiet, as the woman slept. She mumbled in coherently in her restless, potion induced sleep, unintellible to anyone who did not know Finnish. She was in fact lucky to be alive, not that she was aware of that. Kallie Nikkala wasn't aware of anything at the moment. Except whatever was going on in her unconscious brain.

The door to her room was heavily guarded, both from attackers and the press.

After all news that the minister of magic and been attacked - and in her own office no less - would no doubt cause panic or at least unease in the magical world.

The minister should be the most protected person - apart from the children at the schools- so what was she doing falling prey too...

"En ymmärrä!" her voice was soft as she muttered. "ei! ei! Ole hyvä, ei ... Rakastan sinua."

The woman rolled and continued to mutter, even as the guards outside stayed in their place, making sure nothing would happen again.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

A Drop In The Ocean Empty Re: A Drop In The Ocean

Post by Julian Rousseau Thu May 17, 2012 10:57 pm

She - but - how? How the hell did someone manage get through all of the security the Ministry had and attack the Minister herself? Still shaking, Julian wiped the back of his mouth as he scurried through St. Mungos.

Muttering a million apologies to himself for breaking his own promise, he paused, eyes wide as he stared at the guards in front of what could only be Kallie's room.

Coughing, he slid up to them, "Um, I'm Julian. Julian Rousseau. And - and I'm her - the Minister's apprentice. I just -" rubbing his forehead, he shrugged, "Can I see her?"

Meeting the confused expressions of the guards, he facepalmed. Right. I'm in England, not France.

A few minutes after he repeated himself, Julian found himself inside the Minister's room. Staring down at her, he swallowed hard before taking a seat. Unable to understand what she was saying, he only watched her, but was a least relieved that she could speak. At least he knew she wasn't as injured as he'd feared.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Fri May 18, 2012 3:48 pm

The room was silent when Kallie finally rolled over and blinked into the bright light.

"voi hyvä jumala," she groaned tiredly. She felt so-so.... She closed her eyes again and swore in Finnish.

She leaned back heavily in her pillows. God she was such a faliure, she had allowed that woman to...

What if she did something to her Ministry after she left. Kallie needed to - she couldn't stay here she had to -

She made a move to get up and then noticed the boy sitting there.

"Julian," she blinked slightly, "Mitä te täällä- Err, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Watching her curiously, Julian broke out into a large grin as she woke up. Titling his head at her as she spoke again in some language that he couldn't speak (he really needed to work on knowing more than just two languages.), he watched her try to get up, frowning slightly.

She really shouldn't be. Especially not after just getting attacked and all, but then again, he wasn't a Healer. What did he know?

"You're more important than school." Julian shrugged. Pausing, he bit his lip before rushing on, "And besides, I'm only missing lunch. And I'm not hungry." he said, poking his empty stomach for emphasis.

"How do you feel?"
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Mon May 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Kallie sighed, and settled herself back down on the bed, fiddling with the stupid hospital clothes, trying to appear more presentable, but eventually gave up and moved on to her hair.

"I highly doubt that Julian," she responded, "School can get you a future - I'd still be around when it was done."

She was blatently ignoring the fact that she had been very close to not being around again.

"You should eat," she repreminded with a slight frown.

"I feel-" she pause for a moment, "Like shit actually... is that how you kids say it yes? Or am I showing my years already?"
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Mon May 21, 2012 10:31 pm

"It's one day," Julian shrugged, frowning slightly, "and they know I'm here." Well, his Angels knew he was here. He was only assuming that they'd tell his Professors that he was at St. Mungos. Looking back at her, he swallowed hard, rubbing his hands together restlessly, "But you might not be," he muttered hoarsely, "you almost died. This could happen again."

Suddenly, he realized that he didn't know anyone who'd died. And he liked it that way. Rubbing his face tiredly, he sighed softly.

"I just ate." he waved off, blinking up at her. That was true. He had eaten. Practically as soon as he'd heard what had happened. And then thrown it all up. But he'd still eaten, and that was the question, so he was being truthful.

Laughing softly, he shrugged, "Well, that's how English people say it, I guess. I don't know that many English people, so..." he trailed off, shaking his head before snapping it up to look at her, "You're not old. You're like the same age as my sister. Not old at all."
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Tue May 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Kallie sighed and looked at the boy, "I'm not going to lie Julian, I suppose it could; Minster of Magic isn't always the safest job, but you know - its not that easy to get to the minster - it shouldn't have been that easy, and it certainly won't anymore."

She breathed deeply through her nose.

"And besides I'm fine, now; nothing a little magic can't fix."

She looked the boy over for a moment but nodded.

"That's good then, I would hate to think I'd gotten old all of a sudden."
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Wed May 23, 2012 12:17 pm

"It better not," Julian muttered darkly, twirling his prefect badge around in between his fingers before sneezing. Snivelling, he muttered under his breath, grabbing a tissue off of Kallie's nightstand to blow his nose. "If it does, I - I -" Pausing, he frowned, "well, I don't know what I'll do, but I'll do something."

Fiddling with his badge, he glanced down at it, "But what if something happens? I mean, there's a mafia out there. What if next time, magic can't fix it?"

Shaking his head, he smiled softly, "Nah, you're not old at all."
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 pm

"Bless you," Kallie muttered on habit as the boy sneezed. "Well as long as it isn't something stupid, unplanned, and will get yourself into more trouble than I may be in, you may feel free to do it. But, don't go acting out of revenge Julian. You know, anger and pain will only lead to more of the same."

She sighed.

"You always need a plan."

She reached out and placed a delicate hand on the boys shoulder, "I can't promise that it won't happen, but I can promise it is unlikely. I may not have proved it this time, but I can take care of myself."

"Good, you'll tell me when I do cross the magical line into oldness, won't you?"
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Thu May 24, 2012 1:04 am

"Thank you." he said softly, "I wouldn't." he said, eyes suddenly wide, "I mean, if this person attacked you, I don't think I'd be able to do that much to her or him." shrugging, he said, "I don't know, I guess I could take those feelings and use them to do something."

Blinking slightly at the arm on his shoulder, he smiled slightly, "I know you can defend yourself. You've been doing this for - how long have you been Minister for, anyway?" he asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Of course." Julian said, laughing.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 pm

"Well so long as you use those emotions rationally I suppose you could," the woman responded after a moment, a slight frown on her features, "However if it is just those emotions fueling you're actions... it is only due to luck that you avoid trouble."

"Oh a while now I suppose," she responded thinking, waving off the question, "A year or two I suppose; maybe a little more. I've been in the minisitry ever since school. I suppose its all just... the same but different."

She gave a slight laugh, "Good. I'm glad we got that covered."
    Eli Patterson
    Eli Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Eli Patterson Thu May 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Eli rubbed his eyes and handed in the paperwork to the stern-looking nurse at the lobby, "Can I see my girlfriend now?" She sighed and gave him a bored nod, and he started up the stairs.

It only took a few seconds for the guards to recognize him, and they nodded and opened the door for him, "Good to see you, Patterson." He gave them a wane smile, though it was mostly due to his intense fatigue, and not the state of subdued panic that had subsided a few hours ago.

He stood in the doorway, unmoving. He could feel his heart sink to the floor as if it were tied to an anvil. Now that he saw here there, in a hospital bed, looking completely out of place, it sunk in that she had almost been...

Eli fought back the thought, if he didn't, then he'd completely lose what little composure he had. But she was alive. That's all that mattered. "Kallie?" He rushed to her side and took her delicate hand in his, "I thought... when I saw... I love you." He smiled with a small, hollow laugh.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Fri May 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Though he couldn't help but wonder if it was just luck that kept him out of trouble, Julian nodded at the Minister, absentmindedly pulling at the chain around his neck. For something that was supposed to give him luck - well, it wasn't rubbing off on the people around him.

Fidgeting slightly, he asked, "Does it ever get boring, doing the same thing?"

At the sound of footsteps, Julian glanced towards the door, noticing the blond in the doorway. Vaguely recognizing the man from Kallie's desk, he watched, feeling rather invisible, as he walked over.

Raising an eyebrow slightly as the man told Kallie that he loved her, Julian sat back, biting his lip. He just - it was awkward just being here. But, he wouldn't leave. Twiddling his thumbs, he suddenly became rather focused on his shoes.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Sat May 26, 2012 12:06 am

"Its not so much the same," Kallie said after a moment, "As.."

What she was going to say was lost as she looked up to the door way and a soft smile grew on her face as she saw the figure there.

"Eli," she breathed, moving to get up but stopped when he had already moved to the sides of her bed. She tilted her head as he spoke, eyes softening even more. She rested her hand on the side of his face, "I love you too."

She leaned forward and grazed his lips softly with her own, "Don't think about it; its all fine now, see. I'm just fine."
    Eli Patterson
    Eli Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Eli Patterson Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Eli kissed her a second time, "I promise you, I'll never let this happen again." He looked into her eyes, trying to memorize every subtle line and shift in color, "I won't lose you like this."

Then he realized someone else was in the room, and straightened up, slightly embarrassed that he'd said such sappy things in front of someone else. "Hi.." he said with an apologetic smile. It was all he could think to say, and his skin crawled with discomfort, "Uh... I'm Eli."

He coughed, giving Kallie a pleading look for help. She must know how to handle awkward situations like this. I mean, girls knew how to do that... right?
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sun May 27, 2012 3:39 am

Deciding to focus on everywhere but the couple in front of him, Julian shifted in his chair awkwardly, slinking farther down. Glancing around the room awkwardly, he rifled though his pockets for anything that'd make this experience less awkward. Curling his fingers around his wand, he snuck a glance at the blondes. They wouldn't notice - but still, he'd prefer not to get expelled.

Searching for something else, he pulled out a pack of blue playing cards. Glancing at them for a moment, he shrugged, shuffling them absentmindedly. Looking up at the man, he waved back just as awkwardly, "I'm Julian." Shaking his head slightly, he smiled, "Well, this is one way to meet a person." he said, attempting to make the atmosphere less awkward.

Last edited by Julian Rousseau on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Sun May 27, 2012 10:33 am

Kallie smiled slightly, eyes found even as her practical side felt like screaming out that he really couldn't protect her every moment of everyday, and still let them both get their jobs done. She however swallowed that side down, as she was getting slightly better at doing and just nodded her head slightly.

"You're not going to lose me."

She blinked slightly as Eli noticed and introduced himself to the boy. She had forgotten about him for the moment. How awful was she?!

However, at Eli's awkward glance towards her, and Julian's actions she couldn't help but bit back a slight giggle. The pair of them were amusing her.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry, I should have been doing this myself," she apologized looking between the two men, "Yes, Eli this is my apprentice Julian Rousseau; I'm sure I've mentioned him once or twice and Julian this is Eli, my boyfriend."

She shook her head at the boys joking attempt eyes laughing slightly, "Its perfectly lovely, what are you speaking of?"
    Eli Patterson
    Eli Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Eli Patterson Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:34 pm

"Oh yeah! Right! Julian!" He smiled and extended his hand, "I've actually heard a lot about you. It's nice to finally see you in person. Aren't you going to Beauxbatons?"'

He wasn't really sure what else to say. Eli even debated leaving, saying he had some important auror meeting or something. No, that wouldn't work. Kallie knew Brock, and she also knew that the aurors almost never had anything important to do that couldn't be done later.

Eli ended up resigning himself to the fact that he'd have to stay and endure the awkwardness, though hopefully it wouldn't have to be for too long.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Nodding at Kallie, he glanced back at Eli, "I knew you looked sort of familiar. There's a picture of the two of you on her desk."

Shaking his head softly, he smiled, "I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about, then."

Grinning at Eli, he shook his hand enthusiastically, "I didn't know I was famous around here." he joked, laughing softly, "But it's nice that I've mentioned. Yep," he said with a nod, "Fifth year Prideux and prefect."

Tilting his head slightly, he asked, "What do you do?"
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Kallie bit back another smile at the two of them, shaking her head. She supposed she shouldn't be getting such enjoyment out of their discomfort but, Julian seemed to be dealing with it well, and Eli was simply adorable when he was like this.

She leaned over and grazed the older man's cheek with a kiss, "You're a dear; I ask much too much of you."

"Yes, Julian is a smart boy, if he actually behaves," she gave the younger boy a pointed look before once more attempting to push herself off her bed.

"Now if you two will excuse me, I am going to speak to someone about getting out of this infernal place," she stated. "Honestly, don't people understand I have things to do."
    Eli Patterson
    Eli Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Eli Patterson Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:15 pm

He smirked as Kallie pecked him on the cheek, "Nonsense. You're injured, which means I have to take care of you, which means you can't possibly ask too much of me."

"Impressive," Eli said with a small laugh, "Prefect and mentored by the Minister of Magic. You could get any job you want with experience like that."

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow, "And what do kids do to get into trouble these days?"

He gently put a hand on Kallie's shoulder, "You pretty much lost half the blood in your body back there. You need a week off, at least." Eli gave her a look tinged with worry, "Please? Isn't this what your deputy ministers are for?"
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Glancing away almost childishly from the affection between the couple in front of him, Julian hummed softly, twiddling his thumbs. It was almost comical really, how real affection and love felt so alien to him. But, he decided with a little shrug to himself, that he only had his family to blame for that.

Grinning at Eli, Julian said, "I never really thought about it like that, but yeah! And that's especially helpful, because I really don't have a clue what I'm doing after graduation." Frowning slightly, he glanced down at his hands before shrugging it off, "Oh well, years to figure it out."

Meeting Eli's gaze for a moment, Julian quickly glanced away, twiddling his thumbs again, "I sort of got into a fight with a friend of mine. But we're fine now, so I guess it's good." Shrugging, he added, "And I also - sort of got into a fight with these two guys that don't like me very much. But it's their fault for punching me." he frowned, rubbing at his jaw.

Eyes widening at Kallie, he shook his head, "You almost died. You - if anyone deserves a break right now, it's you." Nodding persuasively, he gave his mentor a slight smile.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:37 am

Kallie wrinkled her nose slightly, though her eyes danced with a slightly playful hint, "Nonesense. I was injured. Its amazing the things magic can do for you these days."

She was of course, as always, half lying. She still felt, as she had told Julian, like crap. But there were times when you merely had to push pass these things.

"Don't try to rush what you wish to do too early," Kallie said softly glancing over that the boy, "You have all you're life for work.... you make yourself lose far too many important things if you spend all your time on planning for your future... you lose the present."

She frowned softly at the boys looking between them. She hardly wanted to do anything of the kind, but the way Eli looked at her.

"I suppose that's what they are for... however that doesn't mean I'm any good at trusting them to do it," she shrugged and glanced back at Julian, returning his smile, "I wouldn't know what to do with time off."
    Eli Patterson
    Eli Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Eli Patterson Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:02 am

Eli shrugged, "At least you're not doing anything illegal. A few fights aren't too bad," he frowned, "I mean... well, I guess they're bad, but I'd just be a hypocrite if I were to tell you that you should never do it again, seeing as fighting's half my job."

He rolled his eyes jokingly at Kallie, "Of course, our Minister's fatal flaw. She still doesn't know how to have fun," He grinned and kissed her again on the cheek, "I'm sure you'll find something entertaining."
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 pm

"I guess that's true," he said softly, glancing over at Kallie. He still had two years left of school, and even then he didn't have to get a job as soon as he graduated. And, well, he knew the Ministry would welcome him with open arms.

Biting his lip, he frowned slightly, shrugging, "You could - I don't know - relax, spend time with friends, go to - well, I heard Belgium's nice." Shrugging again, he said, "Anything's possible."

Grimacing, the fifteen year old winced, memories of getting hit replaying in his head, "I'd prefer not to get into any more fights. It - it's safer." Shaking his head softly, he muttered to himself, "Much, much safer."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content