Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year

Airiana Wolfgang Hawthorn
    Third Year
    Third Year

Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year Empty Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year

Post by Airiana Wolfgang Hawthorn Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 am

Airiana peeked in, smiling and skipping in. She was the first one here, for the first time! How good, at least she wasn't late. She sat down carefully with sparkling blue eyes and her hair hanging in a braid. Her transfiguration book lay in her bag but she wouldn't be pulling it out until others came in. She needed this class, more than anything, to help her pass and she would do it by the books.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year Empty Re: Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year

Post by Lynx Miller Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 am

Lynx walked into the classroom and was surprized to see that there was only one student there, he wondered where the rest of his 2nd years had gone, though it was the lesson for the year so I guess the students tend to get abit slack around this time of year

Lynx placed his textbook on his desk and turn around to face his only student "So welcome Miss Hawthorn, today we will be learning the spell Lapifors. So tell me, do you have an idea what this spell does?" he asked
    Third Year
    Third Year

Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year Empty Re: Transfigure This, Lesson Four Second Year

Post by Airiana Wolfgang Hawthorn Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Airiana looked up with surprise and raised her eyebrows. How had he known her name when she'd never even shown up to learn? Whatever the case, she swallowed and opened her mouth to say something and then closed it again so she could think. She stared at the desk with a furrowed brow as she concentrated, looking up expectantly at him, "Is it used to turn rabbits into objects?"

No, that wasn't right. There was no way that was anywhere close to the correct answer, She told herself mildly, keeping the irritation out of her expression. Should've come to class to learn things.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Lynx gave a slight chuckle at the girl's answer "Oh thats not quite correct, but very close so an excellent guess. What Lapifors does is turn objects into rabbits, so see you weren't to far off it" Lynx then pulled out his wand

"Ok to cast this spell you hold your wand very firmly then move it up and down and give it two sharp flicks, and then you would say the incantation Lapifors, but firstly I'd just like you to practice that wand movement first"
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Airiana Wolfgang Hawthorn Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 am

"Okay," Airiana mumbled, still embarrassed over her mistake but feeling alright because she'd just mixed up the two. She pulled out her wand carefully and practiced flicking it the way he'd said. It wasn't going to be so hard, she hoped.

All of the mistakes that she could possibly make started to pop into her head and she started to silently panic. It could be a miscast or a backfired spell. Maybe she would accidentally cause herself to have rabbit ears and that would only add to her outcast among her year. She would be the laughing stock of-- No. She could do this!

Air set her wand down and practiced saying the incantation. She looked up at her professor and waited for his instructions.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

Lynx watched the girl practice the wand movements she then placed down her wand and indicated that she wanted to move on, Lynx then walked behind his desk and pick a cage containing several rabbits he open the lid and pulled one out

He placed the rabbit on the girls desk and smiled "Ok, so you ready to give it a shot, be sure to make your movements precise"
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Airiana Wolfgang Hawthorn Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Airiana bit her lip and looked at the rabbit, remembering the one she had at home. She took a deep breath and picked her wand back up, pointing it at the rabbit carefully. She glanced up at Professor Miller with a nervous smile before nodding and flicking it the way she was told. She spat out the word quickly, saying something along the lines of 'lipavors'.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 am

Lynx watched as the girl tried to transfigure her textbook, a small spark appeared Lynx smiled softly at the girl "Oh Miss Hawthorn I think what went wrong was that you have to be careful with your prounaction, it's Lapifors"

Lynx then nodded at the girl "Ok so lets try it again"

[OCC: Hey im so sorry I just realised I said I put a rabbit on your desk when I meant to say transfigure your textbook. I think what it is, is that the 3rd years are turning rabbits into slippers and your doing lapifors so I got all confused with all the rabbits haha]
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Airiana Wolfgang Hawthorn Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:37 am

OOC: That's perfectly alright, I should have caught that as well. Razz

Airiana smiled nervously once more and waved her wand at the textbook again, imagining her rabbit appearing for her and cuddling with her as it usually did when she was home. Her clear blue eyes vanquished any emotion other than concentration that had been in them and she flicked her wand once again, "Lapifors!"

She jumped when it worked, a bunny that looked a lot like hers if not exactly the same. She squealed with delight, "I did it!"
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Lynx smiled at the girl after she finally manged to transfigure her textbook "Well done Miss Hawthorn, that was a truely beautiful cast"

Lynx then flicked his wand at the rabbit reversing it back into a textbook, he then walked back to his desk and flipped through his own textbook "Alright Miss Hawthorn, I would like you to read pages 43, 44, 45 and 46 and complete the excercise questions"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:17 pm