Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Home is Where the Heart is

Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Home is Where the Heart is Empty Home is Where the Heart is

Post by Kallie Patterson Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Nikkala Household
    Middle of Nowhere
    Finland

Summer Between Fifth and Sixth year

Kallie fiddled nervously with the ties of her simple grey sweater, wrapping it nervously between her fingers as she walked. The portkey had taken them straight to the edge of her simple small little village. She looked over at the boy, before quickly looking front again.

When she had thought about doing this... it was one of the few impulsive decisions she had made, and now she was living to regret it. She hoped he wouldn't pick up, or at the very least comment on how it was strange not to have a parent pick you up from the dock, when you in fact had one.

But she didn't trust either of her parents to remember. Even if they did remember... she'd hardly want her classmates to see them.It was better this way.

She had owled them, told them about Brock; she did not ask, she told. Kallie had demanded they be on their best behaviour but...

She worried that they wouldn't. When had they ever.

The girl wove them through the village, pointing out a few things of interest here and there, but for the most part was too distracted by what may be about to come to focus on an actual tour.

Finally she stopped in front of a small cottage. It was one story, but big enough to fit three bedrooms, a bathroom, sitting room and kitchen. The white walls were covered in climbing vines, and the garden was filled with rose bushes that needed to be cut back. Obviously mother had not "felt up to it" in recent days.

Kallie bit back a sigh. She would have to do that tomorrow.

"This is my home," she nodded to the quaint house, before pushing open the gate, and leading them into the yard.

She took a deep breath and looked at the front door; part of her wanted to just run away, forget about any of this and just... run away. Another part of her wanted to tell Brock to wait, go in first to make sure it was safe. But that wouldn't matter.

If he was drunk, and she was... gone then there was nothing she could do.

Nodding her head, she moved towards the door and beckoned Brock to follow her, "Hello?! I'm home! I brought-"

"Kallie! My girl!" the man came booming out of the living room; his eyes sparking and his gait wavering ever so slightly. Whatever hope she had had sunk faster than stone in water.

He may have been decent at hiding most of it.

But he was drunk.

Still, she bit back most of her disappointment - the emotion only flashing on her face for a moment before she stuck a slightly strained smile on her face, "Hello Papa; this is my friend Brock - I told you he was staying, remember?"

The man turned his too bright smile away from the girl, and the young man, "Charming, charming, charming. Simply wonderful to have you aboard Brock. Any friend of our little Kal is welcome any time."

outfit
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Home is Where the Heart is Empty Re: Home is Where the Heart is

Post by Brock Veni Cox Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02 am

Brock shoved his hands in his pockets, walking easily beside her with his longer stride. His eyes slid from one place to the next, finding the little town unwittingly endearing. He was dressed in muggle attire, as he always was once he stepped off the train, a leather jacket over an emerald green muscle shirt and jeans. He had been ready to disappear into the crowd once more, to go back to his life on the streets, when she had - quite literally - yanked him away and dragged him off.

He had thought that it was pretty cool, them sending a portkey for her, and trusting her to get home alright. Then again, she was the most responsible person he knew. Walking up to the house, he couldn't help the grin that stole over his face at the sight of it. It was so... homey. Much nicer than anywhere he'd ever been.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Brock said with an easy grin, unconsciously stepping closer to Kallie as he sensed her displeasure. "I can see where she gets her looks from." He praised with a charming wink.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:34 am

Her father reached over to ruffle her hair, and she froze just slightly at the action, before giving the man another stiff smile and smoothing out her hair once he had pulled his hand away.

"That's our little Kal; such a looker." the girl stiffened again and ducked out of his grip as he reached to wrap an arm around her shoulder.

"I'm just going to show Brock around now okay, you can go back to... whatever you were doing Papa." Ducking her head, she she grabbed Brock's hand to lead him past the man and over to the back of the house.

"The Living room, kitchen," she flailed a delicate hand over to each section of the house. Both areas were sparse, with quaint décor, that were needing straightening up. No one but her did anything around here.

"That door over there's the bathroom, that one-" she frowned at the door that was closed. "That's my parents room. Mama must have one of her headaches. Its always closed when she has one. She'll... probably be better later."

She frowned at the door for a moment longer before shaking her head, "Anyway, that's my room over there - if I'm no where around, I'm probably there."

Nodding her head, she took him over to the only door left. The room was simple, just a bed, a wardrobe and a small vanity. Most of the trinkets had been removed long ago. Kallie had done that herself, though there were still a few floating around. Pictures of herself and her sister, there might have even been a child's toy she had missed.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I know its not much but... its yours to make at home now... whenever. No one else... no one's needed to use it for a long time."
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 am

Brock kept his grin in place, though it wavered slightly as he touched her. It was irrational, the feeling of anger at that simple contact, but it was gone the moment her hand was in his. Moving after her was easy, and he grinned around at her house. It was a nice place, really. Better than anywhere he'd ever stayed.

"Hey... are you okay?" He asked when they'd come to a stop in the room that was to be his. He barely glanced around before taking her chin between his fingers and gently tilting her head back. "I like your place, if you really must know." His voice had softened as he looked down at her, his eyes searching hers. "It was really nice of you to let me stay."
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 pm

The girl swallowed, as she allowed her brown gaze to be drawn up to his. Her lips continued in there slight frown before she let her shoulders sag, relaxing ever so slightly.

"I'm..." she paused for a moment, her gaze flicking to the door, and the kitchen she could see through it for a brief moment before flicking back to the boy. "I'm fine. Really. I'm just," she paused again and bit her lip. "I'm just tired."

She looked at him for a moment longer, before giving him a brief small - but geniune - smile, and stepping out of his grasp. "It's my pleasure, really. It will be nice to have," she paused again, trying to figure out once more how she was going to finish that sentence. "It will be nice to have you around."

Kallie looked at the floor for a moment, before looking back up and giving him a nod.

"Anyway, I'm sure you... well it's you so maybe not, but I need to go put some stuff away so... you can take a moment, get acquainted with the room or whatever you wish, and I'll meet you over in the living room in a few minutes? We can go explore the town or ... something," her tone was brisk once more. Nodding her head again, she turned and slipped out of the room, pausing a moment to glare at the empty living room. It seemed her father picked somewhere else to hide.

Good riddance's.

Grabbing her trunk from where she left it, she picked it up, dragging it across the floor - careful not to make any noise for fear of bringing her mother out of her room. With a final shove, she pushed it into her room and jumped.

"You girls were so good together; cute little girls."

Kallie's eyes clouded over as she frowned at her father, hovering by the photo that hung over her bed, "Papa."

The single world seemed to hold so much in it.

"What are you doing in here."

"Can't I have missed my little girl."

She frowned, "You're drunk."

"Only a little."

Her eyes clouded more, she took a step back as he took a step forward. "A little is already too much."

"Aw, but Kal-"

She growled, she didn't let him finish speaking.

"I asked you to do one thing! One thing," her voice rose significantly, "And you couldn't do it. The only thing I ever ask of you. And you never do it."

He took a half lurching step forward, she slide easily out of the way. "Get out of my room please."

"Aw, Kal, just-" he leaned forward, arm outreached, she smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me with your filthy drunken hands! And get out of my room!"
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Pushing away the vibrant urge to press his lips to hers, Brock nodded, stepping back and dropping his hand. Looking around the room once more, nodding before slipping his backpack off his shoulders and throwing it onto the bed. "Alright, Volchonka." He said, nodding as he unzipped the simple backpack. "See you then."

Putting the five changes of clothes into the dresser, the boy paused, looking at a picture he found on top. The other girl... she looked a lot like Nikki... Sisters maybe? He'd never been told about her, and he didn't know what to think.

His head tilted slightly as he heard Kallie's voice rise. He wasn't concentrating enough to focus on her words, her tone being enough to peak his interest. As her voice rose again, the boy found himself at his doorway, looking at her open door.

"Don't touch me-"

Before he was fully aware of what was happening, Brock was standing inside of Kallie's room, glaring up at her father with her at his back. His hands were curled into fists at his sides, and somewhere in the confused mess of anger and protectiveness that was his current state of mind, he was beginning to wonder what would be so bad about punching the man into a few things, the closest being the floor, the farthest being next week.

His entire posture was tensed for attack, ready to take down the man should he even move in their direction. He was close enough to his Volchonka to sense where she was, just barely touching her.

His eyes never left her father's.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm

"Wha-" Kallie blinked and then frowned, finding Brock between herself and her father. She froze for a moment, watching as her father blinked at the boy, far more confused at how he had gotten there then Kallie was.

The only reason she froze was she could see everything unravelling. Including herself.

Her father took a half drunken step forward, then another one back. Kallie gripped Brock's shoulder before he could think of doing anything.

"Leave him; he's just a foolish old drunk; harmless," she said her gaze staying on the man she called father, even as she ignored the voice in the back of her head that squeaked an ominous most of the time. "Papa just- sober up or go pass out somewhere else. I'm not dealing with this tonight."

She glared at the man for a moment before turning on her heals and heading for the door, "I'm going outside; I'm sure you can find me Brock, should you wish to join."

She had only took a couple steps out of her own room when the door at the end of the hall opened.

"What is all this rucku-" her mother stopped and frowned for a moment before smiling slightly. "Oh, Elena, you're home."

Kallie stopped mid-step, her shoulders sagging. If there was anything that could freeze her, stop her cold, it was that.

"Its Kallie Mama," she sighed, turning to the woman, who blinked a couple times before nodding her head. Like always her disappointment was visible. "I'm Kallie."

"Oh right, well I thought -"

"Yes, yes Mama I know what you thought. It's what you always think," her voice wise rising again; she was losing her cool. "But Elena is dead. Do you understand that? Elena died and is not coming back, and I am the one that is still here."

She watched as her mother crumpled, the look of a lost child crossing her face. This was usually the point at which Kallie reigned her temper back in and soothed the woman back into bed.

But she just couldn't do it today. Shaking her head with disgust, she turned once more and charged outside before anyone could stop her. Wrapping her way out back she found her favourite sanctuary. The old swing.

Running her a hand through her hair, and letting all the tension out of her body with a shuttering sigh, she folded herself on the old child's toy, a relic from the childhood she should have had, growing up with sane parents, and a sister.

Pushing herself slowly with her foot, she closed her eyes, and tried to pretend none of that had just happened.
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:06 am

Tensing further, the boy made to move forward, only stopping because of the hand on his shoulder. Slowly, he eased backward, glancing back at her for the briefest moment before returning his gaze to her father's. He jolted, his eyes following her out of the room before her father took another step toward him.

Growling lowly, Brock took a step back, his eyes flicking between the man and the door Nikki had disappeared through. He made to sidestep the man, only to be blocked by a drunken half step.

"We- we are going to- to talk, my boy."

Brock glanced at the doorway again, her anger pulsing underneath his skin. Without a word, he looked back at her father.

Outside, he paused, watching her for a moment before moving before her, crouching down to look up into her eyes. Resting on his haunches, he began humming, looking up at the tree the swing was tied to. His eyes brightened slightly as he saw them. The perfect inspiration, and they were already singing.

"Rise up this morning... smiled at the rising sun..." He sang softly, a teasing grin alighting his features as he plopped into a sitting position, lifting a hand as a tiny little bluejay flew down and rested on his head. "Three little birds... Pitched by my door step... singing sweet songs... of melodies pure and true... singing.... this is my message to you..." He leaned backward on his elbows tilting his head back to watch the bird take back up to the sky, tweeting a song of it's own.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:32 am

Kallie heard his footsteps approach. Taking in a deep breath, she reluctantly let her eye lids flutter open to meet his gaze. She frowned, her eyes betraying her far more than she knew she wanted them too. She continued to push herself along with her foot, letting his refrain sink into her head, distract her for a brief blissful moment.

"I'm sorry," she spoke softly; her frown lengthening. "I thought... no I had hoped-" she rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter, they're never any different."

She kicked her the ground a little harder, swinging a little more.

"I promised to show you the town, didn't I?"
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Brock frowned up at her, blinking confusedly before all the emotions on his face disappeared. "You're apologizing for having parents?" He asked, his gaze unreadable. Looking away from her, he rose to his feet, looking away from her and shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Right. The town." Keeping his focus on his shoes, he waved in the general direction of the town, ready to follow her. "Let's go tour Nikki's perfect small town."
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:52 pm

"No," she said softly, shaking her head, "having parents isn't the problem its... I'm apologizing for bring you into the mess of my life. No one else should have to-"

She shook her head, her jaw already clenching. There was no point in rehashing all this again. Jumping off the swing before it had come to a complete stop, she grabbed Brock's hand and headed for the front gate without another word, nor another look back.

"My street," she hummed easily as they walked down the short dirt lane. All the other houses were small and quaint much like her own. "There isn't really much to see here... or really anywhere. Its pretty much just a few streets like this and then main-"

"Kallie! Kallie dear is that you?!"

Her blonde hair whiped around towards the voice to see a kindly older woman walking quickly towards them from where she had been sitting on the porch. She was a little on the heavy set side, and her darker blonde hair was already starting to grey. But her wrinkled face was spread with a kind smile.

"Hello Mrs. Carpelan," her voice was soft as she greeted her neighbor.

"Oh that is you Kallie dear! It is so good to see you, so good to see you. You know, the town is never quite the same with out your pretty little face gracing us," Kallie duck her head, though she couldn't quiet help the slight grin and blush that crept up in her face. Mrs. Carpelan's attention went to Brock in that time, "Oh and who is this strapping young man." She paused to give Kallie a wink - which only caused her to blush further. "Oh that reminds me... where did that boy wander off to. Honestly, I swear he spends more time with his head in the clouds then -"

"I'm right here mother," came the soft voice of someone behind her, and a young boy about Kallie's own age, thin and gawky looking, but with bright blue soulful eyes appeared. As soon as those eyes locked on Kallie though, the boy ducked his head, and blushed more than Kallie had been moments before, "Hello Kallie."

"Hello Ky."

There was a slight pause and then Kallie jumped to alertness.

"Brock, these are my neihbors, Mrs. Carpelan and her son Ky - I grew up with Ky," she waved her free hand beweent the two people, "Mrs. Carpelan, Ky, this is Brock. He's," she paused for a fraction of a second, unsure of what she was going to follow that with, "spending the summer with me and my family."
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Glancing up at her, he followed her, his hand still firmly in hers. A warm fuzzy feeling emanating from the hand she took. He gazed at the things she pointed out, his eyes always ending up back at her, transfixed on the swing of her hair or the bounce in her step before he forced himself to try to accomplish some bare semblance of paying attention and remembering what she said...

He slowed to a stop as the woman came up, smiling shyly at her before his regular Brock-ness kicked in and he smiled a real smile. He opened his mouth to say hello, when the other one caught his attention. The boy.

Ky.

Something odd happened, the world seemed to shift slightly, as Brock's vision rested on the other teen. Dropping Kallie's hand in favor of winding his arm around her waist, he stepped closer, intertwining the fingers of his other hand with hers.

Listening to her pause, Brock spoke irrationally, not caring if it were the truth or not. If not, he'd just make it so.

"I'm her boyfriend." He said with a charming smile, taking the time to slowly untangle their fingers to offer his hand to the woman. "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Carpelan." Shaking her hand, he grinned boyishly, nodding to the other boy, his inner wolf letting out a content hum as Kallie was declared his.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 am

An odd warm feeling was spreading through her as she suddenly found an arm around her waist, she flashed Brock a quick confused look, before turning back to their two compainions, a blush spreading across her face, quickly followed by a grin at his words.

Did he mean...? He wouldn't just say that because- what would he gain if he just...

Mrs. Carpelan was squealing about one thing or another, finally cracking into her shocked revie, "Oh, how wonderful, how wonderful, and suchs a charming young man, polite too. Its a pleasure to meet you Brock. You know I was just saying the other day that Kallie needed someone, wasn't I Ky," she waved her hand at the boy who was just looking between the other two teens and ducking his head again, "She always seemed to be so alone in that awful little hou-" her eyes widened and she seemed to catch herself. "Well, of course thats something for another time. We must be off, so many things to do. As always Kallie, if anything ever - you know our door is always open."

The woman nodded her head at both children, before waving for her own to follow.

Kallie only managed a half wave at the two disappeared down the street, she didn't notice how Ky kept sneaking glances back at the two of them. Her focus was still on...

"So..." her voice was soft as she glanced up at Brock, "You're my boyfriend now?"
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 am

Brock didn't miss the other boy's look, and if anything, it only made him smile wider. Arm tightening around the girl, he intertwined their fingers again the moment he was done waving at the two of them. He looked down at her, raising an eyebrow, not admitting to why he'd just done what he'd done, simply because he wasn't exactly sure.

"Haven't you always been my girlfriend?" He asked easily. "Don't you want to be?" He made to move his arm from around her, as if he was going to let go.
    Kallie Patterson
    Kallie Patterson
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Kallie Patterson Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 pm

"No," her free hand was instantly there, grabbing a hold of his tugging it back, trying to keep it there. "Don't- don't do that."

She bit her lip as she glanced up at him, only able to look for a moment before her face heated up and she looked away again, "I do, want to, that is, its just, I mean, I thought you... you never said it, before."

She shrugged her shoulders and nodded her head. Not really thinking there was much else to add to that so, she left it like that, only pausing to glance at him ever few moment, and then glance away again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:17 pm