Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret

Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret Empty A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret

Post by Daniel Heartford Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Daniel walked through the grave yard, a red rose clutched in his trembling hand. The frost coated ground crunching beneath his designer boots. He stopped as he reached the headstone he had been hunting for. His hands trembled slightly as he read.

Nolan Heartford

The name of Daniel's older brother, etched in the cold stone. A tear fell down Daniel's face. Sure, Nolan was a royal ass to him, but he was still his brother. And even though it appeared that Nolan hated Daniel for everything that he was, and most days, the feeling was mutual, Dan knew deep down, though he couldn't speak for his brother, that within his own heart, no matter how much he surpressed it, he truly loved his brother. Daniel drew a hankerchief from the pocket on his jacket and delecately dried his eyes and placed the rose on the ground in front of the headstone. Daniel didn't even hear about the death first hand. His father, who hadn't even spoken to him in years, sent him an owl telling him his own brother had been killed in some freak accident over the summer. The young man was perfectly fine moment, and then out of nowhere, collapsed to the ground, dead. Daniel couldn't believe he was crying. After all the hell Nolan had put him through. He thought he'd be here for his mother. But, alas, she was still pronounced MIA. Nobody had found any traces of her. But it was his brother who Daniel was mourning, alone. He wasn't invited to the funeral of course. His father hated the fact Daniel was gay and refused to be wihtin 20 feet of him. Dan fell to his knees and cried. Not just for Nolan, but for the fact that he no longer had anyone to call family, except his Aunt Morticia, who had left for romania the month before. Aside from Gorny, Casey, Kat and Jesica, Daniel was on his own.

(Dan's outfit https://media.photobucket.com/image/Kurt%20Hummel%20Funeral/libelluledargent/Kurt%2520Hummel%2520Wears%2520Clothes%25202/os.pngn)
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret Empty Re: A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret

Post by Elizabeth Bracknel Finch Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

With a loud crack, a funny little witch apparated close to the stone . It was Elizabeth, wrapped tight in her shawl, her hat cock to the side, her dress tails flying around frantically. She gazed at the young boy and a with a creak in her voice, pointed to him and said,"....things are not as they apear darlin', be ware! You know where to find me in need!" And with that, she dissapeared as quickly as she come....
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret Empty Re: A Day of Mourning, and Little to No Regret

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Casey was walking into the graveyard in her gardening outfit, planning on clearing the grass and weeds around her grandmother's grave. She carried a basket with a trowel, a weeding stick, and a couple flower plants. Her clothes were old- stained and tattered jeans and a ripped grey shirt a few sizes too big. Her hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail and she walked too happlily for most Pete to understand. Working around her grandmother always calmed her, in life and death.

Casey was outside the fence when she saw Danni collapsed in front of a grave. She was hurrying to him when an elderly witch appeared, cackled something and disappeared. She ran up to Danni and skidded to a stop next to him, dropping on her knees and giving Danni a hug. She glanced at the grave and gasped. Oh, his own brother... She cradled him. "Shhhh Danni, it's ok, it's gonna be ok." She looked at him gently. "Who was that woman?"
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Dan forced himself to stand again, still blubbering like an idiot, he looked at his friend and wiped pointlessly at his eyes with his hankerchief again and burried his face in her shoulder.

"i-i dont know...s some o old woman i i i've never s seen b b before" he managed to choke out "h how could they?" he said in a voice that could make hulk hogan cry "h how could th they n not even t tell me?"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Casey stood too, supporting Danni on the way up. She let him lean his head on her shoulder and suddenly realized that he'd gotten taller than her. "Shhh Dan, it's ok..." She patted his back soothingly with one hand and dipping in her pocket for a couple tissues with the other. She smiled. "We have to stop meeting like this."

Casey shrugged, her face going blank to hide her anger. "I don't know. It was cruel and wrong and all I can say is that it was bad and they're bad people and you deserve better. The family you choose is always closer and I choose you as my brother, so you have me." She looked him in the eyes and wiped his tears away. "So hey, don't cry. The sun'll come out tomorrow," she sang softly.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Daniel blew his nose quietly. He never seemed to be too loud with anything unless it was nessessary. He looked at the headstone again.

"it was my brother....the last thing i told him was i hated him...." daniel sobbed "i was angry...he came out of the closet for me. Got me kicked out... i resented him for long and now that he is actually gone i feel so horrible for all the things i had said...i i wish i could take them back but i cant..."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 am

Casey hugged him again. "It was ok to be angry at him, he did terrible things. And you can't live life in the past or you'll never go forward. You wish you could take it back and that's what counts. You did love him deep down inside and that's all you need." She began singing a soothing lullaby in Gaelic, hoping to calm his sobs.
    "A naoidhean bhig, cluinn mo ghuth
    Mise ri d' thaobh, O mhaighdean bhan
    Ar righinn oig, fas as faic
    Do thir, dileas fhein
    A ghrian a's a ghealaich, stuir sinn
    Gu uair ar cliu 's ar gloire
    Naoidhean bhig, ar righinn og
    Mhaighdean uashaill bhan"

(OOC: it's Noble Maiden Fair from the movie Brave. The lyrics might not fit, but I was going for the mood.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:48 am