Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Silver Bells

Ashleen Beneparte
    Ashleen Beneparte
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Silver Bells Empty Silver Bells

Post by Ashleen Beneparte Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 am

December 25, 12:58 am
    D'Angelo House

The silence of the house was broken by a sharp snap and then soft feet shuffling in the long cold hearth. The sound of brightly wrapped boxes rubbing together was cut off by the dull thunk of skull hitting brick, and a muttered curse, which the small sleeping child on the couch missed. Not that it would have been anything she had not heard. Both her parents had strived to keep her out of her father's world as much as possible, but Ashleen D'Angelo had already heard her fair share of curses in her young life.

In fact she ate them all up with great amusement.

Slipping out of the fireplace, dusting off the soot and muttering about not using the fireplace next year, Phillipe D'Angelo straightened his red hat upon his head and glanced down at his sleeping daughter, a fond smile crossing his face. Taking only that moment, he promptly turned back around to take care of the presents. As much as he loved his children, he had plans that he didn't wish to delay any longer than he had to.

It took him no time at all to arrange all the presents under the brightly lit tree, taking care to set it up so he would not have to hear his wife's 'critiques' on them in the morning. It took him longer to sort through the smaller items making sure Jacob got what he was supposed to, and Ashleen hers.

Letting out a soft coo, Ashleen rolled over on the couch, and then let her little blue eyes flutter open, just in time to see a man in a red suit, turn away from her tree and back towards the fireplace.

"Santa?" Asleep only a moment ago, she was ridge and wide awake. Straightening, the white bearded man, turn back and met the eyes that were so like his own. An older Ashleen, more jaded, more 'wordly' would never allow such a simple tick to fool her. But on that night, in that moment, she was young enough to believe in magic.

She ignored what she should know, and just believed in a man in a red suit.

Reaching into his bag he pulled out a small bear, light golden brown fur, pure white wings sewed into his backs, a little halo attached to his head. Taking the bear as it was offered to her, she watched in a daze as the man put his finger to his lips, made a soft shushing sound, and then disappeared into the fireplace.

Snuggling her new toy, Ashleen was already asleep again, lulled by the magic of the evening, as the sharp sound of apparition filled the room again, and her father returned to where he started in his room a floor above her.

December 25, 8:16 am

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Surrounded by the sea of paper from the presents she, with the add of her brother, had already shredded into, a wide grin erupted on her face as she caught sight of the woman coming down the stairs. Leaping over the toys, the five year old ran towards her. "I-I-I saw Santa, I really, really dided, but Jakey won't believe me."

The boy, deep into unwrapping his own presents grumbled, "I only said-"

"Hush, Jake," his mother said softly, before bending down to the little girl's level. "Did you really see him, my little imp?" Nodding her head, she didn't notice the little smile her mother shared with her father who had just appeared over her shoulder. "Well, aren't you just a lucky little girl then."

Picking her up from behind, her father held her close, pulling on a little ringlet, causing it to spring, "If Jake doesn't believe, it will just be our little secret won't it?"

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 am