Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Faye Beneparte
Kasper Van Zandt
6 posters

Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years

Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years Empty Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Kasper wasn't entirely sure what he was going to do with the class. The students were getting older, obviously, with each year that entered and he at least heard that they could get more difficult.

He shrugged off most of those thoughts. He had been given the job, and he would see what would be done with the students. Hopefully some actually showed up. The weather was getting warmer and he knew he'd blow off classes more often than not this time of year.

Lounging in his chair, feet on the table, he leaned back and waited for what was to come.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years Empty Re: Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years

Post by Faye Beneparte Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:58 am

Faye was struggling with most things by the time she made it to Potions. All she wanted to do was, was, was -

Something about a bed. Her brain couldn't even processes that at all either. Maybe a logical person would have just gone straight to the Infermery, but really Faye wasn't thinking much through at that point. Her head felt oddly heavy.

Still, she managed to give the professor - some new fellow - a weak smile as she dropped heavily into a chair and let her head sag slightly. Maybe she could just take a little nap, and then she would be good to go.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years Empty Re: Lesson Four ~ Potions ~ Second Years

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Aquila bounded into the potions room only to find a man he did not recongnize - he assumed it would be the new professor, and hopped he'd be more sympathetic towards exploding potions than the last one - and a girl he had noticed in some of his earlier classes.

She didn't look like she was feeling all that great.

He walked over and flopped into the seat in front of her thinking about talking but in the end deciding she looked better off undisterbed.

So he turned and grinned at the Professor, "Howdy Sir!"
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:40 am

Taryn entered the Potions classroom, her tread nearly silent even in the black ballet flats her "mother" had sent her. The gesture had been surprisingly...touching. Although it wasn't anything exceptionally personal, it was as close as Taryn believe she could get. Taryn's eyes wandered the room without any emotion, before falling on the new professor. Taryn greeted him, attempting to keep the permanent sad, sarcastic tone from her voice, "Hello, Professor."
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Kasper looked around at the children that had gathered. One girl looked about ready to tople over and her briefly wondered why the heck she had bothered dragging herself to class to begin with. Honestly? Was there even a point? He had certainly skipped with less reason than that one did.

"Well then, we've got a few minutes before I guess I have to call your classmates late," he grinned impishly. "So why don't we all get aquainted."

"Howdy, I'm Kasper Van Zandt... I guess you should call be Professor Van Zandt, but - between you and me, that just sounds weird to my ears - so please, call me Kas, I'll be more likely to answer to it than professor."

Flipping his feet off the desk finally and leaning on the table instead he continued, "Now, well we wait to see if we can draw in anymore of you're classmates, why don't we all just do a little introduction - for my sake at least. "
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 am

Taryn rolled her eyes a little bit, but she could put up with him. The man wasn't terrible-Taryn had long since accepted that she was just bitter enough to hate all light. "I'm Taryn. Taryn Lennee," she said simply. "Nice to meet you, Pro-err, Kas," for the first time in what felt like forever, Taryn attempted a smile. It felt...weird. But she figured best not to worry the guy-she didn't like therapy very much.
    Adrian Bok
    Adrian Bok
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Adrian Bok Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Adrian walked into the potion classroom, she was just a few minutes late hopefully she would be lucky and the Professor hadn't started yet, she knew Professor Belby was norious for being very regimented and strict Adrian felt sure "being understanding" wasn't something he was capbale of

As she swiftly entered the classroom, her eyes darted for a spare seat, she found one in the third row and rushed over towards it " Sorry, sorry, sorry I know I know im late Professor" Adrian said as she made her way to her seat not even looking up to notice that there was a new professor who hopefully wasn't as strict as Professor Belby

Adrian opened her bag and began tugging at her thick Potions textbook trying to get it out as quick as possible so she could blend into the class
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Roman paced through the hallway, nervously fidgeting with the strap on his bag. He had been late far too many times this year.

He walked into the classroom. Upon seeing both Faye and Aquila, the boy gave a small, somewhat relieved smile, and sat down.

Roman took out his books and nodded to the new professor, "My apologies, sir." He wasn't too worried. He had heard good things on this teacher's lenience, at least compared to Professor Belby, and he was already doing well enough in potions.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Aquila smiled as Roman came in and gave a rather energetic wave, for what else should he do.

"Aquila Turrow," he greeted with a grin and giving the professor an equally energetic wavem, "English transfer student... so if I screw up I'm using that as an excuse."

He grinned impishly before leaning back in his chair, having a lovely feeling that the professor wasn't going to make a big deal out of such a comment.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Faye looked up as the Professor spoke. Did he have to be so...

She wasn't sure how anyone could be so energetic. At the moment she was so tired she could barely speak. Her head felt like it had been stuffed with cotton or something.

"F-Faye," she said softly after a moment, scruching up her brow as it was a struggle to figure out what to say. That could not be good. "Hansoff."

She covered her face in her hands for a moment, barely looking up in time to see Roman enter the room. She managed, with much effort on her part to give a real - almost untired - smile and a tiny wave.

If she could just get through this class, she decided, she'd go to the infirmary then. Just one more class...
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

"Thank you, Thank you Taryn, its nice to meet you too," he said with a smile.

Kas looked over at the new students who had trampled in, "No, no don't worry at all! We were just waiting to see who else will show up, so welcome, welcome pull up a seat and introduce yourselves. And please, as I was just telling the others - don't bother calling me Professor or Sir, it makes me appear more responsible than we all no I am," he gave a little laugh, "I'm fine with you just calling me Kas in here."

He turned to look at the young girl he had noticed before, a slight frown on his face, "Are you alright Faye? Perhaps you should go take a break, I'm sure this class will manage for a little bit without you?

"Righto, once we are done getting to know everyone, we are going to start on the Wiggenweld potion, so just before we all get to brewing, lets just see if anyone knows anything about such a drink? Whats it do? Whats in it? How it works? Just spout out anything you know kiddies."
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Faye, her body drooping ever so slightly down her chair, dozing off without really paying attention, jolted back to some form of alertness as the professor spoke to her again.

"No-no-no," she managed to stutter, shaking her head but then wincing as the result made her unbelievable dizzy. She took a long moment before finishing what she wanted to say, "I- I would like to finish this class if you do not mind Prof- I mean.. er Kas."

Adrian Bok
    Adrian Bok
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Adrian Bok Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:10 am

As the Professor spoke Adrian suddenly looked up and noticed that it was a new professor, she stared at him for a while with a confused expression. She then quickly snapped back into reality, this new professor seemed way cooler than the previous one, he was so laid back... you weren't even required to call him professor

The Professor asked the class about the Wiggenweld potion, this was a potion Adrian had heard of but wasn't overly familar with, she then half raised her hand and began talking " Um... isn't it like some kind of healing potion and it has like flubber worms in it or something?" Adrian said quite unsure of her answer
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Quil was leaning back in his chair, only really half listening to the professor when he realized he actually knew the answere to at least part of this.

"Oh, its got a crud load of ingredients, and is supposed to wake someone up from, you know... sleep, when they didn't plan it," he nodded, a before laughing at how ridiculous his grammer had been there.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Kas tilted his head at the young blonde's responce. Definitely more concerned about school than he ever was. He didn't really like the looks of her - she seemed ready to keel over at any moment, but honestly what could he do? Kick the girl out for looking to ill?

"What ever you say, Faye - but if you feel like you need to leave, just do it - don't bother with me."

He nodded his head at the two who spoke up, "Good- good, you can each have some house points for those answers. Yes, its a healing potion, good for walking up people from magically induced sleep. Fluber worm Mucus is part of the ingredents, which are abundant as Turrow pointed out."

Flicking his wand, the steps to follow appeared on the board.

"Now since we are all running out of time, why don't we start on brewing these potions and see where we get."

(OOC - Sorry I didn't actually make ingredents Razz Classes are almost over, and I'm being insanely lazy today. I promise next lesson will have a beautiful step by step brewing list - for now, just say your brewing it, following the steps whatever - if you want to throw in some ingredents --> WOOO WIKKI)
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Faye nodded her head to the professors comment and got to work on the potion. She wasn't goign to leave. She wasn't. She wasn't. She wasn't.

Leaving would be admiting something was wrong, and Faye did not want to admit that. It was just a cold, or- or she didn't get enough sleep. It wasn't something worse. It couldn't be something wores.

But what if it was? an evil little voice in the back of her head kept whispering. She pushed that back firmly and went back to making her potion.

It was slow going because she could barely concentrate. At one point she nearly burnt her hand on the couldron but managed to save herself just in time.

Once she was about halfway through the steps, she realized that she needed to go get something from the supply closet.

She got up from her seat, and wavered slightly on her feet. She fell back heavily onto the table using it to keep herself up.

The room was spinning, was it supposed to be doing that.

"I'm okay," she mumbled waving off voices she may or may not have heard. "Just- just got up too fast."

Was it herself or them that she was trying to convince herself of that?

After taking a few deep breaths everything seemed to at least be staying still. Her head still felt aweful. Gulping back air, she squared her shoulders, and pushed away from the table.

She could do this. It was just a few steps wasn't it? See she was fine. Just fine.

She stopped midstep as black spots started to swirl about in her vision. She blinked trying to make them go away but they wouldn't, they just would.

She felt woozy, no she felt...

Standing in the middle of the classroom, face pale, and body shaking just slightly, her knees gave out from under her and Faye crumpled to the floor.
    Adrian Bok
    Adrian Bok
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Adrian Bok Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:23 am

Adrian looked up at the instructions on the board and set to work on the potion. She had added the horklump juice with the flubber worm mucus and was letting it stew, after about 10 minutes she continued on with the rest of the steps ensuring to get the exact measurments

Finally she had completed the potion, she then took a sample bottle and began bottling up the some of the potion for the Professor. Just had she had sealed the lid on the bottle she noticed a girl fall to the ground, Adrian's eyes widned she then look over at the Professor

"Kas! what do we do, should I go get the healer?" Adrian said her voice full of panic, she had jumped from her seat knocking her chair back and squeezing her knuckles
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Taryn hastily gathered her things and threw the potion together deftly, if not a bit sloppy. She casually stood by, and then capped a vial full of the concotion. She leaned over to write something down, and through the curtain of red hair, her hazel eyes watched as Faye fell to the ground. She felt no sympathy, though. Or pity, or even a desire to help. She was a bitter person, sure-but that was nothing compared to the fact that no one had helped Avon, including herself. And the girl had just fainted-no big deal.
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Roman started working on the potion. Every few seconds he glanced at Faye. He didn't want to say anything, since it seemed like she wouldn't listen anyway. It's alright, he told himself, she's probably just a little under the weather.

He watched her get up as he was adding his last ingredient into the potion. Roman's hand brushed against the boiling concoction and he bit his tongue. The tips of his first and middle finger finger had turned a bright red, and while looking around the room for some water to put them in, Roman saw Faye lying on the floor.

He immediately ran from his chair and knelt down beside her, "Ohh, please," he muttered, "please wake up." Judging by the way she looked, Faye was suffering from something much worse than a little cold.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 am

Kasper weaved about the room, casting impish remarks every now and again, and making sure that the children weren't getting into too much trouble as they made their conoctions. Every so often he'd glance back at Faye for, despite the fact that he could not get the young girl to leave the classroom, each second she remained seemed to add to his worry.

Which proved to be founded when, just as he was about make a final round of the room, call time so to speak and see what everyone had done so far, he turned around to find - much to his own panic - that the girl had collapsed on the floor.

"Thank you Adrian, that would be most helpful." He told the girl who offered passingly while he made his way across the room, to where Faye, and now the boy - Roman - sat.

Pulling out his wand and hoping he remembered even a little of his healing from the past, he came closer to the girl.

"Come on, Faye," he whispered softly as he cast some spells, "Time to come back and talk to your friends. Don't you want to do that Girlie?"
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Faye twitched slightly, before her eyelids fluttered open, and she looked around the room with a slightly blank stare.

She blinked a few more times, and confusion replaced it. Her head still felt funny - in fact she thought she felt worse than before... but before what?

Why was she on the floor? Why were- were the professor and- and Roman hovering around her?

She attempted to push herself up but her arms felt oddly heavy and she just sort of fell back over.

"W-w-whats going on?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:59 am