Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Jess
Certh Salamar
6 posters

Potions, Lesson 1; First Years

Jess
    Jess
    Second Year
    Second Year

Potions, Lesson 1; First Years - Page 3 Empty Re: Potions, Lesson 1; First Years

Post by Jess Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Jessica stood up slowly, still pale and shaking. "I know... I just... I'm a Slytherin, for crying out loud! I shouldn't faint at the sight of sparks, I should laugh in the face of danger! I don't want people to think I'm weak..." Jessica explained, sighing and sitting up on a table. "I want to be remembered; not laughed at," Jessica allowed her mind to wonder, and ended up sending mind-messages to each person in the room. "I was tortured..." she sent to them all. "By my own sister..." the voice she sent them in wasn't tinkling with laughter, but slow and... No. It wasn't scared. She wasn't scared. Scared was for the weak. And she wasn't weak at all.
    D. J. Prince
    D. J. Prince
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Potions, Lesson 1; First Years - Page 3 Empty Re: Potions, Lesson 1; First Years

Post by D. J. Prince Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Demetri slammed the door open and walked into the room to the front of the class. With a flick of his rist the door slammed shut.

"Since the last potions master has just gone, The headmaster was given me the job as Potions Master. I am Professor or Healer Prince and I welcome you to the subject of Potions making. So can anyone tell me about Cure for Boils?" He asked the class.

Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Certh Salamar Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Certh sat back down, after Jessica had awoken and seemed fine, just in time too. The professor had just waltzed through the door, a little frustrated - it seemed. About time he had gotten there, though. They'd been waiting for several hours it felt like.

He retracted his wand inside of his robes as the question arose. Certh answered without even realizing it. "Cure for Boils is just that, a cure for boils." He replied back, noticing afterward that he had spoken out of term.
    D. J. Prince
    D. J. Prince
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by D. J. Prince Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:49 am

"Really Mr Salamar! Speaking out of term. I would watch what I would say if I were you." He said to the boy.

"The Cure for Boils is a potion which cures boils. When brewing the potion, the cauldron must be taken off the fire before adding the porcupine quills because the cauldron will melt and create a horrid odour, and if it spills will cause the skin to erupt in vicious boils." Demetri said as he started to write the instructions on te bored.

Brewing instructions:
    1.Add 6 snake fangs to the mortar.
    2.Crush into a fine powder using the pestle.
    3.Add 4 measures of the crushed fangs to your cauldron.
    4.Heat the mixture to 250 for 10 seconds.
    5.Leave to brew and return in 45 minutes.
    6.Add 4 horned slugs to your cauldron.
    7.Take the cauldron off the fire before adding the next ingredient.
    8..Add 2 porcupine quills to your cauldron.
    9.Stir 5 times, clockwise.
    10. Wait for the potion to cool and then bottle up.

"You instructions are on page 104 in your in books as well. Now go collect you ingredents from the potions supply room." He said to the class.
    Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Certh Salamar Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Certh nodded slightly - he was glad, that the professor did not take off any house points for speaking out of term. He had been looking forward to brewing potions for awhile now, his parents told him stories about it - to Certh, it sounded like a educational class. His eyes blinked once before the writing appeared on the board. This potion should be fun. He thought, simple - but fun nonetheless.

He looked over to Jessica as he stood up from his desk and made his way briskly over to the supply cabinet - as told by the professor, and grabbed out the ingredients: Snake Fangs, Horned Slugs, and Porcupine Quills. His hands had appeared full after the one trip - he had never expected the ingredients to be as heavy as they were. His face steered around to look at the next person in line, as he made his way slowly back to his desk which already had the cauldron on top of the burner-contraption.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 am