Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are Empty Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:41 am

Casey walked to the Room of Requirement, knowing she was the first one there. I need a room with 'computers' in it. And I suppose it has to cancel out magical interference as well. So three computers and canceling out magic... She wandered past the room three times, think that. When she pulled open the door and stepped acros the threshold, she immediately sighed with relief as the colors around her vision faded. She could get used to this...

Casey turned to see three strange machines on a table, with black, um, what was the word? She thought for a moment. Oh yeah, wires! Tara had told her that. Black wires and grey wires and purple wires coming out the back and disappearing into the floor. There was a... Screen? There was a screen on top of the tables and big black boxes underneath where a lot of the wires went. A panel of buttons sat in front of each screen as well as some oval thing with two more buttons and a cord coming out of it.

Casey walked up and sat down in front of one. Inspecting the button panel, she saw a bunch of letters and symbols on the buttons. She pressed a few, but nothing happened. She looked down. The box had the most wires, so maybe...? She pressed a few buttons util the box mad a giant whirring noise. She flinch back, waiting for it to explode or something, having heard dangerous sounds from a few cauldrons, but nothing happened except the whirring getting quieter. She straightened up and smiled, but the computer still didn't seem to be doing anything. She frowned, leaning closer and seeing a similar button on the screen. Grinning triumphantly, she pressed it and watched in fascination as different images came up. "Muggles are so cool," she muttered.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are Empty Re: Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are

Post by Daniel Heartford Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:59 am

Dan wandered his way to the room of requirement. Casey told him to meet her there. He was slightly worried. What was going on. Then he saw computers. Oh god. This wouldn't be at all simple. Teaching muggles how to work computers...

"Hey casey...." he said cautiously "Whats up with the computers...?"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are Empty Re: Learning "Computers." Whatever The Heck Those Are

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:08 am

Casey turned to Danni, smiling triumphantly. "Look, I made it work! Anyway, you said you wanted to 'email' me while you were away and johan needs computers and I don't know how to work one, so you have to teach me!" she declared, saying 'email' as though it were a word in a foreign language. "And I invited Gorn too," she said, with a little bit of a whiny voice. "So don't get mad at me."
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Aragorn found his way to the Room of Requirement, pacing in front of it and closing his eyes restlessly. His mind forced out the thought, clean and clear, I need to get in to do what Casey asked me to do.

It wasn't the best entrance password but it worked. He sighed and opened the door, closing it behind him and looking at Daniel and Casey curiously. There was some sort of metal contraptions near them and he wrinkled his nose.

"What the hell are those things?" He asked, confused. He gave each of them a smile and a 'Oh by the way hai' and then continued wrinkling his nose at the wires, the metal, and the glass.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Casey poked one. "It's a 'computer!'" she announced proudly. "They're these muggle things. And you can go on this thing called 'the Internet' and write 'emails' and they're like owls, only faster! And we can talk to Danni while he's in America. Anyway, it was his idea," she added, poking Danni. "I just decided to do it now."
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Dan sighed inwardly when casey poked him but forced out a smile. This...couldn't be safe. But he'd humor her, knowing she meant well.

He walked forward and hugged his boyfriend. "not just emails, video chat too" He smiled a little "i like videochat so much more because you can actually see the person."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Casey sat down at a computer, bouncing up and down. "What buttons do I press now?" She knocked into the mouse and saw the cursor on her screen move. She froze. "The arrow moved! Cool! What does it do?" She hardly waited for an answer, instead grabbing the mouse and waving it around in the air. She frowned. "Hey, why isn't it moving now?"
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Aragorn's eyes widened. He'd never seen a computer, though he'd heard of them. Some were supposed to be slow and irritating and others were supposed to be fast and fun. He always imagined when people told him those things that they meant a certain type of creature or person. Now he realised it ran on electricity and was definitely not alive.

"Those look... well they aren't what I imagined." He murmured, gliding over to them and taking a seat in front of the unused one. He looked around for a moment and cocked his head to the side.

"So what do I do with it to get it started?" He asked, frowning hesitantly.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Dan looked at the type of computer. Desktop. Okay those were simple. He crouched down by the Powerhouse of the computer and pointed to the button on the top of that

"You press this to turn it on" He smilde up at Gorn "and once its on" he pushed the button and stood up "You wait for it to boot up...that takes a while, and once thats done you take the mouse, thats the thing on the long wire connected to the screen, and you click that there" he pointed to the internet shortcut
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Casey clicked on the Internet icon Danni had pointed out, but he was busy with Gorn, waiting for the computer to start up. She started randomly clicking and hitting buttons until she found out how to type in th Google search bar. She glanced over, but Danni was still busy with Aragorn. She stared at the bar, wondering what it did. She typed in her name and clicked 'search.' She was startled as the page changed and she saw lots of words. She clicked around, figuring things out. She went back up to the search bar and typed in 'America.' She found a government website and pouted. It needed a password to go certain places. She started hitting random buttons again. Lots of different screens came up, sometimes just blank with letters, sometimes with other web pages, until 'Access granted' came up. She grinned. Cool.
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Aragorn smiled at Daniel when he did, his smile falling into a hard frown as he stared at the screen and watched it turn on. This muggle contraption was odd and it was a little over the top. Couldn't they just look things up in a book? Then again, would the 'computer' be faster than reading a book. Surely not, nothing could beat a book. They held the gift of knowledge and the excitement of adventure! Not a chance the computer had them too.

"So when the come-poo-tur has turned on... What do I do? Does it just magically happen?" He asked, using magically a little nonchalantly as he had when he was a child. He felt like a child again. He glanced over at Casey's screen and cocked his head sharply, "What's a Google? Is it another thing for goggles? Why are they in the come-poo-tur if goggles are meant to be worn? How can you use them that way?"
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Dan giggled as Gorn talked "Honey, its computer" he said, gasping from laughing "And hon, Google, is a search engine, you can type just about anything into it, and it will give you thousands of result."

Dan stole a glance at Caseys computer and his jaw about hit his chest "Uhh, casey.... what site are you on right now...?"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Casey smiled winningly. "Well from the words at the top it's the website, that' the word right? Website?mit's the website ooooooooof..." She glanced at the official looking emblem. "'The United States Capitol Building,'" she read proudly. She started clicking things. "Hey Danni, what's a missile? Cause there's one labeled Iraq and one labeled North Korea and one labeled China and one labeled Russia and there's an option that says launch." She almost didn't wait for an answer, clicking on something else. "'Known Russian spies'... Hey, he was my neighbor! And I thought he was cute..."
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Aragorn blushed as Daniel laughed. His pronunciation had been more than a little off. He cleared his throat and wiggled his mouth as he glanced over at Casey's screen again.

"It must be some... well obviously it's American and it has to do with their bloody government." He snorted and rolled his eyes, "They're government is a joke, really." He looked back up when she said missiles. He'd heard of them hadn't he? He'd heard it when one of the muggle children in his neighborhood were playing with some toys. He frowned, "Aren't those supposed to be bad?"

He looked over the Russian spy list. "This can't be real, can it? So weird." He turned back to his computer and started clicking on some of the things that were on his screen. Quite a few things popped up, confusing him and shutting him up into a confused silence.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Daniel could've dove onto Casey's mouse, and he was pretty sure he may have, but it all happened so fast he really had no idea what he did, he just knew he 'x'ed' out of the site quicker than anyone in the room could blink.

"Let's try to stay off government websites okay...?" he asked, a little tired sounding. He then walked over and looked at Gorn, who seemed to have every shortcut opened and Dan had to smile because it was adoreable. "we only need to teach you this one for now honey" he 'xed' out of all the windows except for the internet one
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Casey stuck out her tongue at Aragorn. "Hey, I take offense to that," she said, purposely stressing her American accent. She shrugged, reverting back to her usual accent, which was a strange combination of American, Irish, and British. "I don't know, do I? That's why I asked. I think they are though."

Casey pouted. "Why'd you do that? I was having fun. It was interesting. But fine, I'll stay off government websites. What are we doing now?" She clicked some random things on the web page, somehow ending up back on Google. "I found Google again," she announced.
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Aragorn laughed and smiled mischievously, "Yeah well you don't live there do ya? Not insulting you... just your people." He stretched as he let Danni do his work. Closing out the windows he'd opened. He looked at the internet page and started typing very slowly into the url the line of words for Google.

"This doesn't make any sense to me, how do you do this??" He griped as he hit some button and the page loaded up the search engine. He wrinkled his nose and started typing stuff in to the search bar. He was irritated at the slow pace he was going at and just typed in cat, hoping to find some sort of thing that he recognised.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 am

Daniel pressed a kiss into the top of Gorn's head. He was doing good, and he was doing surprisingly well. They both were. Dan was proud to call them his 'students'. If only muggle studdies was offered as a course.

"You two are doing very very well" Dan smiled "I'll be able to chat with you in no time flat"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Casey leaned around Danni and punched Aragorn lightly in the arm. "No. Bad." She turned to Danni and said in a purposely whiny voice, "Danniiiiiii, Gorny's not being nice to meeeeeeeee!!!!"

Casey turned back to her computer and looked at the options at the top of her Google page. This thing called YouTube seemed to be one of them, so she clicked of that one. A bunch of little pictures came up with blue underlined words above them. She wrinkled her brow in confusion. "Danni, what's a vid-ee-oh?"
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm

"That's not true!" Gorn denied, holding back laughter as he put on his mock pouty face and looked up at Daniel. "You believe me don't you, Danni? I wouldn't be mean to Miss America, would I?"

He rubbed his arm lightly, pretending to be hurt and looked back at his screen. He was delighted when google gave him an images option. It had pictures of kittens and cats and it was a marvelous discovery. He pulled up the images and scrolled through them, viewing the cutest of kittens and their strange "I can haz cheezburger" speech. Whatever a cheezburger was. He kept scrolling until he came to a picture of a very naked woman without a sign of any cat.

"Uhm, Daniel, I don't think Google is a very good search engine to use." He pointed out, schrunching up his nose. He hadn't realised he'd done it, and he was likely not going to unless someone pointed it out. He was showing a bit of disgust towards the feminine body and he would much rather that be a man. Though, he would deny that he ever thought of it. Just as he was doing now as he erased those thoughts.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Daniel laughed a little

"Alright you two enough" Daniel had his usual good natured smile on his face until he saw what had popped up on Gorn's screan. Dan's eyes could've popped out of his head, and a little queak came out of his mouth.

"That-that is what safe search is for" Dan stammered, wretching slightly as he tried to get the image out of his mind "G-guess I should've told you that to begin with hm?"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Casey pouted dramatically. "You're taking his side, aren't you? Just because you're dating doesn't mean you can ignore your best friend!" she said, trying to sound mad, but she couldn't keep the s,I'll off her face. Danni was impossible to be mad at.

Casey burst out laughing at Gorn's screen, actually falling on the floor and rolling around, clutching her sides. "You... Should... Have... Seen.... Your... Faces!" she gasped out between laughs. Calming down, she added, "Didn't know you guys were so uncomfortable with the feminine body," she said with a wicked glint in her eye. "Leverage!" she sang.
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:59 pm

"Safe search would be nice," Aragorn laughed nervously, blushing as Casey started her fun making. He sent her a wobbly glare, turning even brighter. He refused to be told the truth.

"I... I am not uncomfortable with the feminine body. That just took me by surprise was all," He lied angrily. He was glad that he had been born a wizard and not one of the mystical fae he had read so much about. They could not lie, and to do so would kill them. Then again it would be nice to speak truthfully for once.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Dan was shaking as he set up the safe search on Gorns computer. The image that was now seemingly tattooed on his brain horrified him. He wanted it to go away.

"There...safe search....on" Dan mustered as he clicked the settings bar. Then a small smile came to his lips as he listened to Gorn attempt to lie. It was cute.

Dan played with Gorns hari a little smiling. "I'm enjoying this..." He said somewhat dreamily "My bestfriend and amazing boyfriend. Learning how to use the internet. Casey,I really wish you'd come with us to New York. Kat needs a roommate after all"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Casey smirked at Gorn. "So if I were to say, oh I don't know, start taking my shirt off right now, you'd be completely ok with it?" she asked sweetly, knowing she'd won. She could tell he was lying cause he sucked at lying. "Danni, close your eyes, I know you won't want to see it."

Casey thought about it for a minute, then smiled. "You know what, maybe I will. Not like there's much to keep me here anyway," she added, her smile becoming a bit forced. "I think I'd like to see New York again. My parents took us there one summer."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 pm